Bouillon's Injury

MCeh

better take care of this now rather then half way or later through the season, I say good job in listening to your body Franky and may you have a fast recovery.

Don't get me wrong though he is an integral part of our D and no mater how small he is who ever (should need be) take his spot will need to play much bigger then they are.

hope it's not too serious...

we didn't need to be reminded of our lack of depth on D

please come back

There's still another 10 weeks (approx) till the beginning of the season. I don't know if that'll be enough. Training camp is what... six weeks away? He will likely miss that anyway.

We'll see what'll happen.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I guess cote starts the season...

No other (*i think*) Habs-owned, Bulldog defenceman has played a game in the NHL. Worrisome.

I guess that fact lends itself to the talk of the Habs' interest in Vishnevsky, who's just out of arbitration.

Administration needs to be diligent in expediting Emelin's AHL transfer... the transfer of any of the better D prospects to Hamilton needs hastening.

Edited by MCeh

Hmm, it's interesting that the expert is in Vail, where George Gillet resides. I wonder if he has some pull to get Bouillon in to see the doctor?

With both Streit and now Bouillon questionable to start training camp in about 6 weeks time, the Habs depth on defence is looking a little suspect. I wonder if Gainey would consider signing a UFA defenceman if Bouillon does require surgery that's likely to end his season (under a worse-case scenario)?

No other (*i think*) Habs-owned, Bulldog defenceman has played a game in the NHL. Worrisome.

I guess that fact lends itself to the talk of the Habs' interest in Vishnevsky, who's just out of arbitration.

Administration needs to be diligent in expediting Emelin's AHL transfer... the transfer of any of the better D prospects to Hamilton needs hastening.

The way rumours like that 'come out' is amazing. At the best, they allow for fun talk. At the worst, they're just a bother.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

People People People, listen to you, you guys seem to forget that Huet's injury was much more sever than Franky's. Franky is suffering from the same kind of knee ailment as Kovy suffered. Kovy missed 2 weeks. Now correct me if I'm wrong but Kovy only missed 2-3 weeks? If there is 10 weeks left before camp opens Franky should be fully recovered and skating well before then. Let's just stop the speculation and wait and see!!!

hope it's not too serious...

we didn't need to be reminded of our lack of depth on D

please come back

Just glancing at Habs' D depth..

HabsProspects.com offers it's assessment of the best defensive and offensive defensemen.

Top Defensive Defensemen

Winner- Ryan O’Byrne

Runner(s) Up- Alexi Emelin, Jon Gleed

O’Byrne made big strides this year especially with his defensive play where he was used on the top pairing and logging over thirty minutes a game at times. His size, skating and speed give him the chance to shut down forwards and make it tough on them to get past him.

Emelin also showed a great deal of improvement in his defensive play, which saw him work his way onto the top pairing in Lada after spending most of last season on the bench.

Gleed is often overlooked among the Canadiens prospects but he had a solid senior year with Cornell and was teamed up with Ryan O’Byrne on the top PK unit, which helped Cornell to be one of the top penalty killing teams in the NCAA.

Top Offensive Defensemen

Winner- James Sanford

Runner(s) Up- Alexi Emelin, Andre Benoit

Sanford led the Hamilton Bulldogs in scoring for defensemen despite finding himself on the bench at points throughout the season. Sanford is an exciting player to watch since he can create offense with his skating, passing and speed, he’s willing to pinch in and likes to rush the puck up ice.

Not only did Emelin stand out for his defensive play but he also led his team in scoring among defensemen. He has a good shot from the point and can find the open man making him a threat on the power play.

Benoit started off his pro career with a bang, was a force on the PP for Hamilton but went into a major slump during the middle part of the season. The rookie turned things around towards the end of the year and managed to end up second on the team in scoring for defensemen behind James Sanford. Benoit like Locke was a high scoring star in the OHL, with both of them being a big part of the PP in Hamilton.

Emelin, named in both categories, is locked in the Russian Super League. O'Byrne and Gleed have only regularly played as far up as the NCAA. That leaves James Sanford (AHL) and André Benoit (AHL) who after Jean-Philippe Côté might fill any voids. Perhaps Andrew Archer (AHL) by virtue of size?

Just looking. :unsure:

Edited by MCeh

Excerpt from an RDS report, translated:

[...] Montreal's newest head coach was hoping his valiant defenseman's injury would heal over the summer. But it wasn't the case. Now Carbo hopes surgery won't be necessary.

"It's still a concern - we'll see tomorrow or Wednesday the exact state of his knee. Everyone will pray for the best. That's what happens when a player gets injured in the season.. you have to wait some months for it to heal naturally," declared Carbonneau.

Everyone playing with habs voodoo dolls, please stop now! I can't take any more injury issues with our beloved habs.

Anyone selling leafs voodoo dolls, I'd like to purchase a few please. Thanks in advance.

Perhaps Andrew Archer (AHL) by virtue of size?

Just looking. :unsure:

Although Archer is big, that doesn't mean he should be the first replacement if Bouillon isn't ready to go.

He has mostly struggled in the AHL with his playing time and JP Cote is far more ready to step in that Archer is. And Cote isn't the best replacement either. He has struggled as well in the AHL. THe fact remains that Montreal is relatively thin on defensman who can step in at the NHL level right now. Guys like Fisher, Emelin, O'Bryne, Korneev, Gleed, Sanford and Benoit are all years away from stepping in at the NHL level.

nobody's talking about oskari korpikari. he's been playing with men already and as the size to play in the NHL. he's not the biggest but seems reliable on D. thats what you look for in rookie call-up

nobody's talking about oskari korpikari. he's been playing with men already and as the size to play in the NHL. he's not the biggest but seems reliable on D. thats what you look for in rookie call-up

And he can Finnish...er, I mean he's Finnish. ;)

Look at the positive... it forces a prospect into the line-up so we can see if he's ready and see if he has real potential. It might have been the best thing for other guys from previous years like Hainsey and Beauchemin who seem to be coming around in other organizations once given a legitimate shot.

Bouillon will be ready for training camp.

Here's an article from Radio-Canada.

Bouillon opéré?

It says that Bouillon might have an arthroscopic knee surgery (Same as Kovy last year), but that he should be ready for training camp, the recovery time of this kind of surgery being 4 to 6 weeks.

he got operated today in colorado. the type of surgery and the time lines to his reutrn are yet to be announced

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/209862.html