Terror Plot Thwarted

Fanpuck33

What about pro-lifers who used to target abortion cliniques? Doesn't that fall along the lines of blowing stuff/people up?

The key phrase there is "used to." Certainly those people were domestic terrorists. Those people were just huge hypocrites. Supporting pro-life by blowing up clinics and sometimes killing people. As far as I know, they targeted clinics after hours to avoid fatalities, but just risking innocent life is just so hypocritical.

But today, the evangelical fantatics Pierre is talking about aren't committing such crimes.

I beg to differ Fanpuck, that underground movement is alive and well just go to any of the pro life marches especially the ones in washington.

Go on any evangelical talking circuit and they equate the devil as being liberal and that the devil i.e. liberals must be wiped out. I'm not making this stuff up.

And I'm from Missouri not Mississippi. Although I know the problems that go on there as well. Poorest state in the union Mississippi.

Rev. Rev. Michael Bray he lives in Wilmington, Ohio supports the killing of abortion doctors

Army of God

Clayton Waagner

Neal Horsley runs christiangallery.com he's a militant anti abortionist. Created the Nuremberg files which contained address and phone numbers of abortion doctors and promoted the idea of killing them.

James Charles Kopp- murdered doctor Barnett Slepian

Operation Rescue now its called Operation Save America

Randall Terry

Rev. Paul Jennings Hill- convicted of murdering Dr. John Britton.

Michael F. Griffin- murdered Dr. David Gunn

2003- Preacher Michael Evans calls for a holy war and "cleansing" against non-Christians

I too thought these were just crazy people but the more and more I talked to evangelicals and some of my catholic friends the more and more I realised that this 'movement' is more widespread then you think. People have quiet support for these individuals they'll always use a 'but' when talking about them. This isn't just a fringe idea. Christian terrorism is alive and well in this country.

Edited by Pierre the Great

Yeah, and there are tons of small militant groups hell bent on taking down the government. For every one person you find who supports killing abortion doctors, there are a million people who don't. But don't forget that these groups are both a vast minority and 99.9% of the time are all talk.

Anyways, such groups are hate groups, not terrorist groups. I am in no way supporting what they do, but they are, by definition, not terrorists. Terrorism is defined as an attempt to instill fear in the general public through acts of violence. Any violence done by hate groups is centered on doing harm to abortion doctors, not on trying to spread fear. Again, I am not supporting their means, I am simply pointing out that they are not terrorists. They may not be any better than terrorists, but they are not terrorists themselves.

Anyways, my point was that it is asinine to compare Muslim readicals with Christian radicals. Christian radicals aren't killing people every day and planning on attacks that would kill thousands of people.

And I still beg you to not let your apparent numerous experiences with such radicals in Missouri not convince you that the entire country is like that. I assure you that it is not, and that the examples you found are a very small minority. Stop thinking that Americans desire to be like the rednecks you speak of, you could not be more wrong. The rest of the country mocks and makes fun of such rednecks. Just look at the movie Talledega Nights, an absolutely hilarious movie that makes fun of NASCAR, a sport whose primary fan base is thought of as being rednecks.

Sorry Fanpuck but Army of God IS a terrorist group.

Terrorism is the systematic use or threatened use of violence to intimidate a population or government and thereby effect political, religious, or ideological change.

That's its definition. Militant anti abortionists are terrorists. They use abortion clinics like al queda uses planes. Thats there m.o..

And that pastor who goes around preaching about gays. Phelps or whatever. Well people have been quoted in newspapers down here that they would support his cause if he didn't go after dead soldiers.

it is asinine to compare Muslim readicals with Christian radicals. Christian radicals aren't killing people every day and planning on attacks that would kill thousands of people.

Agreed. You'd have to blow up every abortion clinic in America to equal 9/11 alone.

I'll concede this particular issue. I myself wrote a paper in college about terrorism in which I defined a terrorist as "anyone who attempted further his views by a system of coercive intimidation." I would be a hypocrite if I continued saying that Army of God was not a terrorist group.

Still, you comparing them to Muslim terrorists is unfounded. Muslim terrorists target civilians and kill without discrimination. The Army of God has killed a few, Al-Qaeda has killed thousands.

And that pastor who goes around preaching about gays. Phelps or whatever. Well people have been quoted in newspapers down here that they would support his cause if he didn't go after dead soldiers.

That means nothing. They could have talked to 100 people and found 2 people who said that and chose those two people to quote. It's just like the Washington Post running a front page story saying toop morale in Iraq is low by using 5-6 soldiers to back up the headline. In truth, troop morale is very high and the journalist went out of his way to find people to make his article work.

Well it depends Fanpuck think about extremism. There are crazy Imams inciting violence there is also crazy pastors inciting hate as well, I know because I've been to a few of there gatherings. For instance the big local lutheran church organization around here (they will be remain nameless) believe that the jews in the holocaust did not go to heaven but to hell. These same idiots have disgraced my a part of my family whose catholic at my great uncles funeral. I'm getting off topic but these people are extreme and they aren't even that extreme.

Anyway if the government wants to crack done on Imams inciting hate and promoting violence they should also crack done on the other religious figures as well, its only fair and doesn't make the government look like its out hell bent on distroying muslims.

believe that the jews in the holocaust did not go to heaven but to hell.

see - i think that's a real harsh statement for that or any church to make. i don't think i can judge to the point of EITHER condemning someone to hell or commending someone to heaven. so - i am opposed to that church's statement about the Jews going to hell (or heaven for that matter).

but - i don't see how divergent views by a church (or a group) - suddenly lumps them with murderers. it may make them racist. it may make them prejudiced. but terrorists? i don't think so.