jetsniper

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of getting it for the PSP.

What's the PSP?

*plug* go to www.playsp.be!

Anyways, I buy the NHL games off and on. You can't beat them in terms of presentation. The 2k series is utterly garbage in terms of graphics, the menus are ugly and the music is pretty shitty but their ratings and stuff like that are decent. The Gretzky series is atrocious.

Whats the PSP?

The second biggest flop in the handheld market EVER. The biggest flop goes to the N-Gage spawning one of the biggest fads on the internet "You bought an N-Gage. didn't you?"

Ouch, can't get more harsh then that.

The Gretzky series is atrocious.

I was very disappointed in the Gretzky series also. Back on PSOne, 989 Sports (who is now part of Sony Inc.) had a great game in their FaceOff series. They bombed with the Faceoff Series on PS2 when it first came out, so I was hopeful that the Gretzky series would be back to their old standards. Worst gameplay ever, the only good thing about the game is full AHL rosters, so lots more prospects in the game.

Next gen is the above and beyond, like 360 is over the PS2 and Gamecube which are still current gen.

Just sounds silly to me, I guess. To me, next-gen means it hasn't happened yet.

Well one review is up (IGN) and I tend to trust this site. I listened to their advice about Suikoden III and bought it first chance I got and I aint regrettin it one bit!

So for the review

As current-gen sports titles are devolving into budget titles, it's clear EA has its focus set squarely on its 360 hockey title. But even though NHL 07 looks and feels nearly identical to NHL 06, it remains a fun hockey game, if a bit on the arcade side.

The controls are tight, especially shooting. We would like to see the checking system tweaked a bit so players aren't so magnetic. Great puck physics make for exciting, organic goal scoring.

The Dynasty mode has nice depth but the online options are still not where they need to be for sports fans. The franchise's strength is still in a multiplayer game with you and a friend, head-to-head, like old-school NHL 94.

IGN's Ratings for NHL 07 (PS2)

Presentation

We already didn't know all of the players in the NHL, and now EA adds even more European Elite leagues. Slick appearance and user-friendly menus.

Graphics

EA didn't even try to brush up on NHL 06's already solid visuals and smooth animations.

Sound

Great crowd noise and sound effects add to the atmosphere, but the announcers could almost be a monster-truck rally.

Gameplay

The right-analog passing is a marginal improvement. We still love the hard hits, the variety of goals and the old-school left-analog dekes.

Lasting Appeal

As if an NHL dynasty wasn't enough, you can choose from four Euro leagues. Online is functional, but very basic.

OVERALL

8.0 Impressive

(out of 10 / not an average)

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/829/829741.html

My biggest beef with EA's NHL series is the fact they have eliminated the ability to play against a friend in Dynasty mode, unless you run a multi-GM league. My roomy and I spent all year playing my dynasty in NHL 05, and even then he had to join in-game, because they wouldn't let him choose my opponent before the game. In 06, they even eliminated the ability to join in-game, so it was impossible to play a human opponent in dynasty mode if only 1 GM is turned on.

My biggest beef with EA's NHL series is the fact they have eliminated the ability to play against a friend in Dynasty mode, unless you run a multi-GM league. My roomy and I spent all year playing my dynasty in NHL 05, and even then he had to join in-game, because they wouldn't let him choose my opponent before the game. In 06, they even eliminated the ability to join in-game, so it was impossible to play a human opponent in dynasty mode if only 1 GM is turned on.

Yet with Madden, you can play your dynasty ONLINE.

I wish EA would just force Tiburon to make all their sports games.

So we've got a release date and official price for the Wii. November 19th, $250 American, it comes with Wii Sports for free AND games will cost $50 American, 10 dollars cheaper then 360 games.

They also plan to have 4 000 000 units shipped by the end of the year, thats twice what the 360 had last year and twice what the PS3 will have this year.

I really don't see much downside at this point for the Wii, Nintendo seems to be doing everything right while Sony just makes bad decision after bad decision.

Heh, just realized the PS3 is out the exact same day. Electronics departments shall be hell that day. I'm a little surprised, Nintendo wanted to get it out beforehand but now I guess they feel comfortable enough to take Sony head on.

I can't wait to see how this all unfolds, I'm almost giddy. :lol:

Any word on what accesories will come in the box? I've heard that part of their targeting of families and non-traditional video-gamers influenced them to include 2 controllers with the system, and possibly even a memory card.

Even without the memory card, getting the system, 2 controllers, and a game is a great value.

I was a big Nintendo fan years ago but switched to Sony beacuse of the game selection. Nintendo was targeted more to kids and Sony more to adults. Has Nintendo upped the number of sports, military etc games?

I was a big Nintendo fan years ago but switched to Sony beacuse of the game selection. Nintendo was targeted more to kids and Sony more to adults. Has Nintendo upped the number of sports, military etc games?

Hard to say at this point but with Reggie behind the marketing, I can see it. The Gamecube was getting a more adult feel towards the end there with stuff like Resident Evil 4 (one of my all-time favorites). Looking at Wii launch titles, theres:

Call of Duty 3

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

Far Cry: Vengeance (I'm really surprised Nintendo went into the Far Cry series)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (trust me, this is no Wind Waker. Easily an adult oriented game)

Metal Slug Anthology

Red Steel

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

And reportedly, EA is going to try and get all their sports games out for the Wii in the coming weeks after it's launch. Nothing is confirmed yet though. But if anyone gets a Wii at launch (I'm putting down a part of a pre-order today), make sure Red Steel is the number 1 game you get. It should be amazing.

I can't believe my eyes... :blink: I know I bought EA Sports NHL 07 because I see Mr. Ovechkin on the cover and yet when I play with it, it is nothing but NHL 06 with my controller settings reversed?! :?- :angry: :?-

This blows!

From ESPN.......Maybe a wrong place to post this, but figured some folks would enjoy it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/featu...amName=Montreal

I guess the word on Ribeiro's power skating sessions is out - because he gets a 91 for speed!!!! Plus everyone's favorite habs Pierre Dagenais is mysteriously back with the club...

One of the ncie surprises of this game was that the top 2 lines were:

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Samsonov - Ribeiro - Kovalev

I thought it was cool that they'd gotten the actual rosters, instead of just loading the 1st line with the best players

One of the ncie surprises of this game was that the top 2 lines were:

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Samsonov - Ribeiro - Kovalev

I thought it was cool that they'd gotten the actual rosters, instead of just loading the 1st line with the best players

did you get those lines after the update?

i cant even change my lines....when i select ryder to replace samsonov...it puts begin...then i cant do anything... lol

screw it ill play it as is

Edited by fHABulous

did you get those lines after the update?

i cant even change my lines....when i select ryder to replace samsonov...it puts begin...then i cant do anything... lol

screw it ill play it as is

No, these were the lines as is... It sounds like you got a messed up copy... :wacko: