Whats The Best Spot In Your Town

MAK

Haha i was joking, i live in the east, near the border of Germany. And it's fine here. I like it. I live in city not to big, so i can get out into the country when i want. I will move into my own house within 2 months, so if i didnt like it i would have moved to the west. (i like the mentality in the east more)

I can't think of a particular spot in my area (Cambridge/Kitchener) that's outstanding. St. Jacobs for small shops, and Stratford for their festival would come closest, I guess.

There is an annual event that attracts considerable attention, especially from the local university crowd... that being Oktoberfest. Ostensibly it's a celebration of German culture, but most people use it as an excuse to get blitzkrieged.

There is an annual event that attracts considerable attention, especially from the local university crowd... that being Oktoberfest. Ostensibly it's a celebration of German culture, but most people use it as an excuse to get blitzkrieged.

Yeah it started in Munchen last weekend, nice "Dirndle" in dresses bringing in all the beers!

That's good stuff to know, jetsniper. I just moved to Calgary from Ottawa, and I've been here for two weeks. I've pretty much spent that entire time in my area in Varsity Acres and around the University, although I have been downtown a bit, mostly around 7th ave. I should go check some of that stuff out.

No problem. If you ever want to try something weird, go check it ou Tubby Dog. I think it's on 17th Ave, it was featured on "The It List" on MuchMusic. Basically it's a hot dog joint with really absurd toppings. Like..a fried egg, peanut butter or Captain Crunch. I personally haven't eaten their yet but I really, really want to.

No problem. If you ever want to try something weird, go check it ou Tubby Dog. I think it's on 17th Ave, it was featured on "The It List" on MuchMusic. Basically it's a hot dog joint with really absurd toppings. Like..a fried egg, peanut butter or Captain Crunch. I personally haven't eaten their yet but I really, really want to.

sounds great :lol:

I'm willing to try anything as long as it doesn't involve ketchup :puke:

Haha, you'd eat a hot dog that had peanut butter, jelly and captain crunch before one that had ketchup?

if it comes with a beer, i'm willing to try it.

whenever i'll visiting my friend in calgary, I'm so going to try one of those delicious dogs.

I think I'll go for maple syrup :lol:

Someone say Ketchup? We got the world's biggest Ketchup bottle:

catsupinthecloudsthumb.jpg

where's that ??

near the bell center, theres a huge milk bottle that was supposed to be taken down for construction but citizens were so upset that the bottle was kept and they made the building just beside it

lol marky and komi. So do they call the are the milk district?

lol I guess it used to be a dairy farm there many years ago

Montreal's women are by far the hottest.....just had to throw that in there

MY goshhhhh I'm salivating just thinking of them! Darn And I was still a goofey nerdlike when I left Mtl... We should make a post with MTL gals and why not all our fav Gal pics from the meat market Pubs in our local areas!

darn I guess I have to upload my pics to a website before sharing them!