It Would Seem

habs_in_the_blood

listening here and there it would seem that there is a spot beeing battled at the moment between perezhogin and latendresse...quite frankly i had high expectations of perezhogin...and it would seem that latendresse wants this position way more then perezhogin...your toughs?

frankly i rather have a guy with 100% heart and commitement then a guy with "good skills"

listening here and there it would seem that there is a spot beeing battled at the moment between perezhogin and latendresse...quite frankly i had high expectations of perezhogin...and it would seem that latendresse wants this position way more then perezhogin...your toughs?

frankly i rather have a guy with 100% heart and commitement then a guy with "good skills"

My friends went to the game, and he said Perezhogin had no energy and was always behind the play. He said he looked horrible.

212 is freaking heavy for a guy his size who is supposed to be about skills. Of course it'll take time for him to get used to his new weight, but I do wonder if not too much finesse will be lost for good with that big size.

that's not a bad point.

if you're right in your second comment, it'd fit in that this is what happens to kids when they have sudden changes in body development. it could be the same thing applies here.

i can't see him being uninterested about his success in the game. good grief, that's his livelihood - maybe there's more going on here... surely more than we know about.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Putting on weight may be a good thing, but he may need a period of time in the AHL to adjust to his new size. Hope he can do it. 212 makes him alot bigger along the boards and in front of the net.

I'll take grit, heart, passion, committment, energy, size and Lats! any day over Prezs!

I'm sorry for any Hogz! fans but I just don't think that this team is about paper skill anymore; if you don't produce and play for your team game and game out, Carbo will not supportive.

Both Carbo and Muller were excellant captains, who played every shift like it was their last. IMO, Lats will crack the lineup and Hogz better smarten up if he wants to keep his now very shaky roster spot. He is skating on very thin ICE!

I'm also loving the O'BUS! this guy is huge and if he gets his rust off during training camp and the preseason schedule; we are looking at a solid D-man! Especially with Boullion (Soup) out till november.

And I"m so so so happy see our Captain playing in full gear!

Finally my Man Ryder, he started off again like he never left the ice for the summer. I love this guys "never give up attitude" on any play. These are the type of players you want on a team mixed with talent like Sammy and Kovy!

We may have lost last night but I am confident that we have all the elements of a fantastic season for our beloved Canadiens!

Go Habs Go!

I'll give him till the end of training camp to figure out his game and get into some better shape. Not about to pass judgement on him after just 1 preseason game. He'll round into form, and put in some better games as time goes on.

I actually see him as trade bait. Sorry Perezhogin fans

Well, if he's trade bait, I trust that Gainey will get his 'money's worth' out of the deal. This kid has a top-end 1st line potential.

Bottom line, I hope he's not traded till he's been given a thorough going-over by the present coaching staff - a reconditioning/re-education, if you will.

He can be, for us, a very valuable player.

I dont think its "between Perezhogin and Lats". I think Lats has a few too many guys in front of him (Pereazhogin, Kostitsyn, Chipchura, Grabovski, Lapierre, Ferland) and is one year too young. He'd better go back to junior, have a long stable season there (unlike last season) and then next year its either the AHL or the NHL. No need to rush him.

Perezhogin's spot is his to lose. He has to prove he can bring more than all the names I just mentionned.

I dont think its "between Perezhogin and Lats". I think Lats has a few too many guys in front of him (Pereazhogin, Kostitsyn, Chipchura, Grabovski, Lapierre, Ferland) and is one year too young. He'd better go back to junior, have a long stable season there (unlike last season) and then next year its either the AHL or the NHL. No need to rush him.

Perezhogin's spot is his to lose. He has to prove he can bring more than all the names I just mentionned.

I heard an interview this week with Latendresse on RDS where he was saying he'd rather spend the season with the big club standing on the rafters than going anywhere else (juniors, AHL). That's not a great hard-working attitude IMO. Sounds more like a kid whose dream is to have season tickets at the Bell Center and follow the team on the road for every game, have access to the Habs locker room, receive some money to do shopping...

I also read that he said that whatever how good he performs during training camp, it won't change anything. That again, is not a positive hard-working attitude...

That again, is not a positive hard-working attitude...

I think that's reading a little too much into it. If he had said "I'd rather be in the AHL or juniors than in the NHL" people would have question is dedication. I just think he used a bad example (staying in the stands) to illustrate how much he wants to play in the NHL. Saying he has a bad work ethic from such a small quote is an intentions trial.

tell me who of these players had the best camp last year?

and if that same player has the best camp out of the younger players

then by all means he should be on the big team.

As far as what Zhogin can bring and has brought ?

ehh not that impressed !

just too add Lats has more to bring to HABS than Zhogin!

Edited by larek

tell me who of these players had the best camp last year?

and if that same player has the best camp out of the younger players

then by all means he should be on the big team.

As far as what Zhogin can bring and has brought ?

ehh not that impressed !

just too add Lats has more to bring to HABS than Zhogin!

Hmm, kinda of a misformulated reply, but I'll try to comment anyway:

-Last year is last year. We're in 2006 now.

-Having the best camp doesn't mean as much as people make it to be. Its just part of the decision. If you've got the choice between a kid who is used to a long pro season and which you can use for the entire season or send back to the AHL whenever you want; and a junior-aged kid who knows nothing about long gruelling season and with whom you're stuck for the entire season if you keep him; then who is best at camp doesnt really mean as much.

- Right now, Zhogin brings perhaps as much talent, more speed, more pro experience. I've got no doubts Latendresse brings the grit, physicality, scoring touch and perhaps has the brighter future; but right now, in Sept. 2006 it doesn't mean much if anything.

Why would the team want to bring Lats in now and risk losing him as a free agent right as he's about to enter his prime?

Face it, he's not going to be a 90 point, impact, rookie...he'd come in and struggle and learn. Let the kid get to the AHL, play a year there or at least let the organization have the ability to move him there if he struggles. When Lats is ready to truly contribute in a meaningful way then he should get the call up...

Perezhogin is a good young player with upside and PRO experience. I don't think he's got "star" potential but I do think he could be a 50-70 point guy who is effective at both ends of the ice. I do think he's almost ready to perform at that level now...

Jack Johnson

for

Souray + Perezhogin + a picture of Zednik

I think it's important that the coaching staff give Latendresse a 'carrot' to chase if he indeed does dominate at camp only to get sent back to junior. They have to send him back knowing that if he keeps doing what he does while at the same time improving his speed, he'll be a keeper next year. If he can get faster, he will be a dynamite player for this team.

I think it's important that the coaching staff give Latendresse a 'carrot' to chase if he indeed does dominate at camp only to get sent back to junior. They have to send him back knowing that if he keeps doing what he does while at the same time improving his speed, he'll be a keeper next year. If he can get faster, he will be a dynamite player for this team.

last year latendresse was the best player in the training camp. if he does the same thing this year and montreal send him back to junior I would so pissed. not because he a francophone but because he deserves to stay.

latrendresse as a physical presence that is not seen anywhere but on the 4th line. he'd be a good fit on any lines that he'd be put on and he could put his big butt in front of the goalie on PP.

now. If kostitsyn or perezhogin play better than latendresse, he should be sent back to junior.

so far. AP is not showing up enough. we'll about kostitsyn tonight

So far Perezhogin has not shown an NHL effort for any length of time. I trust Gainey et al to decide what to do with him, but right now there is a slot wide open for an offensive winger to play with Pleks and probably Johnson.

Alternatly, someone like Higgins could play with Pleks and make an effective line, opening up a slot with Koivu and Ryder. Depth = flexibility and if a prospect needs offensive ice time to play well, then we have the talent to create three offensive lines, not just two.

Well, if he's trade bait, I trust that Gainey will get his 'money's worth' out of the deal. This kid has a top-end 1st line potential.

Bottom line, I hope he's not traded till he's been given a thorough going-over by the present coaching staff - a reconditioning/re-education, if you will.

He can be, for us, a very valuable player.

I'm not saying I like it but if there is to be a trade I suspect it will more likely fall to Perezhogin. Gainey practically refused phone calls near the deadline last year if Higgins or Komisarek was on the other GM's mind.

It could be another player for all we know but Perezhogin might be the odd guy out in a trade. But, if Monsieur Bob managed to trade Perezhogin and Plekanec (example) and bring in the final ingredient to win the cup, would we worry so much about these players when we watched Les Canadiens carry around the mug?

If, and until that Happens PEREZHOGIN IS A CANADIEN :hlogo:

870001.jpg

Россия Weapon

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I'm quite surprised people are now talking about Latendresse making the team, since only last week everybody who saw him in the prospects tourney was saying how terrible he was, and couldn't even keep up with the kids, how would he be expected to make the big team.....I hope it's not because he banged in a goal in one preseason game.

From what I have been hearing this off season Grabovski is the #1 choice for a kid to steal a spot on this team. I have yet to see him play, but I have heard nothing but good things about him all summer.

Maybe the bad rookie camp lit a fire under him.

And even if Latendresse does make the team out of camp, if he plays less than ten(?) games, it doesn't count as a year of service, in terms of free agency. So Gainey could spot him for nine, and if he doesn't play up to expectations, send him down to develop.