Why No Hitting.....

HABZRULE

Went to the game last night and was awe struck by how little hitting there was. Downey and Murray were the only 2 guys who hit. There was a point in the 1st when Souray had a guy lined up and really could have smoked him, but instead he changed direction and opted to cover the back of net..back of the net? What the hell is that? I am putting this out there to see if anyone else saw what I saw. :?-

Bingo simonus.

A lot of players who are gaurenteed a roster spot a la Koivu Souray really anyone who was on the team last season will be less motivated to go all out in the pre season.

Remember last year when someone cleaned JR's clock in a pre season game .... boy oh boy was JR pissed off!

hahaha

Yeah, these first few games are really meant for the vets to stretch their groins, get the feel of the puck back, and let those arrogant young guns show their stuff.

In the last few exhibition games, you tend to see teams get more serious as they are more comfortable out there and typically have the season roster on the ice.

im sure much of what you didnt see was due to it being a preseason game.

I agree.

I'm sure that the settled players don't want to incur an injury even before the season starts. :)

As to the rookies or guys pushing for a job, you would think that they'd be more likely to do that so as to make an impression. Since I just hear the game on the radio, I can't really tell what's going on in this department.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Yeah, these first few games are really meant for the vets to stretch their groins, get the feel of the puck back, and let those arrogant young guns show their stuff.

In the last few exhibition games, you tend to see teams get more serious as they are more comfortable out there and typically have the season roster on the ice.

This isn't necessarily completely true as I am sure you will see a hard hitting game on both friday and saturday angainst the MAPLE LAUGHS

who wants to hit each other during preseason? These first couple of preseason games are like practice games in my opinion. Get the kinks out, strech some legs, get some nerves out. Only people really playing hard are kids trying to make teams in my opinion. All pro sports go through this during the preseason. Just hope no one gets injured.

Well, I figure most guys don't hit in preseason because they don't want Avery insulting their heritage...

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Or Don Cherry