Bouwmeester Dui

MAK

The article says that his Blood Alcohol Level was .08... thats not terribly high seeing as how .04 is the limit. Its still stupid to ever drive with any alcohol in you.

:hlogo:

I looked it up. Canada has a universal blood alcohol limit of .08.

But there's a push to move it to .05

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/166/1/79-a

Legal Consequences:

The minimum penalties for convictions on impaired driving charged in Alberta are:

First Conviction: fine of $300 and you lose your license for 1 year.

Second Conviction (within 5 years): 14 days in jail and you lose your license for 3 years.

Third and Later Convictions: 90 days in jail and you lose your license for 5 years.

A conviction of impaired driving causing injury or death carries a mandatory 5 year license suspension.

Your vehicle can be seized or immobilized.

http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/healthinfo/...1=27614#driving

it's .08 in Québec, no?

Maybe that's where he was headed?

if you're a temporary licences or probatoire( probatory??) they're not allowed to one single sip of alcohol

Are police following NHLer's these days or what? First Bell, now Bouwmeester.

Haha, two guys and it's a conspiracy. Practically every NFL team gets a couple DUIs every year.

What's sad is they they get off scott-free, even though they are endangering so many lives by driving drunk.

Haha, two guys and it's a conspiracy. Practically every NFL team gets a couple DUIs every year.

What's sad is they they get off scott-free, even though they are endangering so many lives by driving drunk.

Actually, they are targeting NHLer's alphabetically :P

I predict Brad Boyes in next :D

Briere, Brind'Amour, Brodeur and Brisebois - BEWARE

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Exactly. I've known a few people who have got a DUI (I'm sure everyone has). Home arrest, work release, thousands of dollards in fines, anabuse, numerous court dates, alcohol abuse classes, MADD classes, loss of license for 1 year, etc...and that's for the first offense. If you're an athelete, however, none of the above applies. :angry2:

Actually, they are targeting NHLer's alphabetically :P

I predict Brad Boyes in next :D

Briere, Brind'Amour, Brodeur and Brisebois - BEWARE

so there won't be much drinking in washington with zednik and zubrus

Exactly. I've known a few people who have got a DUI (I'm sure everyone has). Home arrest, work release, thousands of dollards in fines, anabuse, numerous court dates, alcohol abuse classes, MADD classes, loss of license for 1 year, etc...and that's for the first offense. If you're an athelete, however, none of the above applies. :angry2:

of course they have tons of $$$

should have called dany heatley before doing something that stupid

I don't recall alcohol playing a role in Dany Heatley's crash. I think he was simply speeding around in his Ferarri in the rain and hit a wet spot and spun out. I think the speeding and rain caused the crash, not intoxication.

I don't recall alcohol playing a role in Dany Heatley's crash. I think he was simply speeding around in his Ferarri in the rain and hit a wet spot and spun out. I think the speeding and rain caused the crash, not intoxication.

now that think about it, I think you're right. mea culpa.

has he really lived up to his considered potential?? ... he seems to remain on the cusp of greatness but never gets over that edge.... or perhaps its just the lack of florida games shown nation wide on tv? .. altho the nhl centre ice package helps ;)

has he really lived up to his considered potential?? ... he seems to remain on the cusp of greatness but never gets over that edge.... or perhaps its just the lack of florida games shown nation wide on tv? .. altho the nhl centre ice package helps ;)

He really started to emerge during the second half of last season, after the Olympic break. He put up 19 points in 25 games while posting a +8. Those are the type of numbers they were expecting when they allowed the Jackets to trade up (basically for free) to nab Rick Nash.