Carolina Deals Rights To Johnson To La

beliveau1

Jack Johnson's rights traded

Tverdovsky and rights to Johnson traded to LA for Gleason according to TSN....

I guess Johnson had no interest in going to the land of NASCAR

Edited by beliveau1

What a stupid move!!!!!!

They trade a blue-chip prospect of r a top-4 d-man and maybe a second line player!!!!!

If a were a hurricane fan, i'd be calling for somebody to get fired!

Hellz yeah ! it's Jack Johnson and Tverdovsky for Tim Gleason and Eric Belanger ..... Great Trade for the kings :)

Today is a great day for me !! :king: Habs signed Gui and the Kings made a great move !

btw the Kings are my "other team" ... Thankfully they don't play the Habs much :)

Edited by CaliHabsFan

wow... that is just not an even trade at all.

Bingo.... my exact sentiments when I read that headline - I was on TSN when the page refreshed with that deal - no details except the headline - and I had to re read it a couple of times 'cause I thought I was seeing stuff?

i can't beleive he just gave up johnson without getting a star or another star prospect!!!!!!!!!

This trade is a joke

How the Kings managed to convince Carolina of doing this is beyond me.

I would guess Carolina feels Gleason will still get better ... although not as offensive as Johnson he's is very good defeinsive defensman, a solid hitter and is only 23/24 ... also I'm thinking that they feel Belanger could do what Matt Cullen did for them last year now that he's gone. they also unloaded Tverdovsky's salary

im sure they didnt want johnson in the east.

I agree completely, but at the end of the day you are doing the best possible trade for the hockey club and not to pick the final destination of a player.

Just like the NHL draft you take the best available player/deal no matter what.

They could have gotten more from the Habs....and 29 other teams as well. :1special:

If you were the Habs GM would you trade Komisarek and Riberio for Johnson and Tverdovsky ?? I think that would be about equal to Gleason and Belanger

I don't know if I would. but it would be tempting :)

If you were the Habs GM would you trade Komisarek and Riberio for Johnson and Tverdovsky ?? I think that would be about equal to Gleason and Belanger

In my humble opinion, Komisarek's in another league compared to Gleason.

Komisarek/Ribeiro > Gleason/Belanger

On the other hand, we also have that #1B goalie the Canes might be looking for..

Edited by mathieu30

Just a few things to point out, I hope LA signs Johnson soon because by the end of June (or July, forgot which one), he will be SENT BACK IN THE DRAFT.

What you will read below is VERY WISHFUL THINKING, NOT FACTS.

If Johnson turns into a UFA (need to check the CBA for this for his age, if he doesn't go back into the draft he's a UFA), who knows, he might sign with his favorite childhood teams, the Habs ;)

Just a few things to point out, I hope LA signs Johnson soon because by the end of June (or July, forgot which one), he will be SENT BACK IN THE DRAFT.

If Johnson turns into a UFA (need to check the CBA for this for his age, if he doesn't go back into the draft he's a UFA), who knows, he might sign with his favorite childhood teams, the Habs ;)

I thought that was only for European players?

By the way, I didn't know he was a Habs fan? :o

I believe players who attend college have 4 years to be signed. Two years are for the CHL players. ;)

Terrible move for the Canes any way you look at it. They lose one of the best D prospects in the game PLUS an average defenceman for a second pairing d-man. Reminds me of those Houle trades where we make a ripoff trade but then to make it horrible we always throw in an extra player.

I don't see why Carolina had to trade Johnson (and Tverdovsky) just to acquire an NHL ready d-man while their blueline gets healthy. I mean, geez they could have just claimed Patrick Traverse! :P

TSN posters disgust me:

"Great trade for the Canes. Johnson didn't look too good in the Junior World championships when it came to the medal rounds. He took a lot of bad penalties. Go Habs Go!"

And he's a Habs fan too. I'm embarassed.

Terrible move for the Canes any way you look at it. They lose one of the best D prospects in the game PLUS an average defenceman for a second pairing d-man. Reminds me of those Houle trades where we make a ripoff trade but then to make it horrible we always throw in an extra player.

I don't see why Carolina had to trade Johnson (and Tverdovsky) just to acquire an NHL ready d-man while their blueline gets healthy. I mean, geez they could have just claimed Patrick Traverse! :P

TSN posters disgust me:

"Great trade for the Canes. Johnson didn't look too good in the Junior World championships when it came to the medal rounds. He took a lot of bad penalties. Go Habs Go!"

And he's a Habs fan too. I'm embarassed.

It's not as bad as you think. The negotiations between JJ and the club obviously didn't go well and the Canes are in a win now mode as they need to defend the Stanley Cup. Lots of factors go into the trade but all I'm going to say is I'm glad JJ is a King. ^_^

It's not as bad as you think. The negotiations between JJ and the club obviously didn't go well and the Canes are in a win now mode as they need to defend the Stanley Cup. Lots of factors go into the trade but all I'm going to say is I'm glad JJ is a King. ^_^

Win now? They have no chance this year. And Gleason is a good player but no better. He's hardly a big upgrade over Tverdovsky. This is the equivalent of the Canucks trading away Luc Bourdon for Mathieu Dandenault because you've got some D injuries. The trade just sucks.