Ryan Smyth Had A Hat-trick In 2 Minutes

Pierre the Great

Yeah, imagine a Higgins - Koivu - Smyth line. Well, either Higgins or Smyth would have to play on the right side anyway. Nothing against Ryder, but that would be the ultimate line. All 3 players are not afriad to get their nose dirty and hold true leadership qualities.

It will never happen though... Smyth leaving Edmonton is as likely as Koivu leaving Montreal in my opinion.

Yeah, imagine a Higgins - Koivu - Smyth line. Well, either Higgins or Smyth would have to play on the right side anyway. Nothing against Ryder, but that would be the ultimate line. All 3 players are not afriad to get their nose dirty and hold true leadership qualities.

It will never happen though... Smyth leaving Edmonton is as likely as Koivu leaving Montreal in my opinion.

thats what i dont ge tbaout hockey - in soccer most players go where they think their actually gona win something- hockey players are a lot more loyal it seems.

I don't remember seeing 2 natural hat-tricks in the same game (Cheechoo and Smyth). Gionta also had a natural hat-trick yesterday. Must be a NHL record (?) 3 natural hat-tricks in the same night

The quickest hat trick I've seen was Brett Hull way back in the day with the blues. He had a hat trick in the first period of this one game. I remember the 3rd goal because it was odd.

Blues were on the power play and Hull broke his stick so while the puck was in the other teams offensive zone Hull leaves the area to go to the bench yells for a new stick, the sticky boy throws him a stick. He skates back into the play stops at the blue line gets the puck passed to him and one times it. Top shelf right corner.

I thought that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

It is crazy that Smyth beat Gretz record for fastest Oiler hat trick. I thought last night on TSN they were saying it was in 1 min 43 sec?

Blues were on the power play and Hull broke his stick so while the puck was in the other teams offensive zone Hull leaves the area to go to the bench yells for a new stick, the sticky boy throws him a stick. He skates back into the play stops at the blue line gets the puck passed to him and one times it. Top shelf right corner.

I thought that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

I guess you missed almost the exact smae thing during last years playoffs with the Oilers. Edmonton was on a PP and a Oiler broke his stick, and he left the other teams end and skated over to get a stick,a nd came all the way back to be passed the puck and score. It was bizare. No clue what the other team was thinking (SJ iirc), because as soon as the Olier left, it was 4 on 4 for 20+ seconds, and they didnt clue into that and they basically just waited patiently for the Oiler player to return. :lol:

thats what i dont ge tbaout hockey - in soccer most players go where they think their actually gona win something- hockey players are a lot more loyal it seems.

Ther is a reason SHANAHAN didnt come to Montreal, cause he thought he would win with the Rangers