A Little Piece Of History

KoZed

A beauty! Too bad this does not happen anymore...unless you watch baseball or basketball.

Why on earth would they make the dressing room only accessible through the other teams bench?

Roy and Skrudland running down the hallway is classic. BTW I was 10.

It makes great watching but what i lvoe most is the fact that these guys are real men with crap haircuts and dodgy moustaches slugging it out- they but wimps like bertuzzi to shame.

I find it kinda funny that everyone finds it great that Chris Nilan sucker punched Paul Boutilier. If this had been a video of Jay Miller sucker punching Matts Naslund, everyone on here would be up in arms about how Miller was a cheapshot artist, and how he refused to go Nilan who was being held back by the refs.

I love Chris Nilan, but that was cheap.

Having said that, Boston Gardens was the place everyone hated to play. As you can see where the players come in, is not a good situation. And like Nilan said, beer and other debris was always thrown at you. It has always been like that as well. I remember a Montreal Goalie, not sure if it was Gump Worsely or Charlie Hodge, who had a beer dumped on him coming through the crowd. After a stoppage in play either the ref or one of the players on the ice had got close to him and smelt the booze and asked if he'd been drinking.

So I can understand why Nilan would have been agitated. But fight Jay Miller. Don't sucker punch Paul Boutilier.

Few other things I find interesting. Ray Bourque was wearing #7, before Phil Esposito's retirement, and his switch to #77. That puke Kenny Linseman who looks like he uses his stick to try and spear Nilan after Nilan gives him the hand to the face.

And I as 9 when this happened.

Edited by kaos

I find it kinda funny that everyone finds it great that Chris Nilan sucker punched Paul Boutilier. If this had been a video of Jay Miller sucker punching Matts Naslund, everyone on here would be up in arms about how Miller was a cheapshot artist, and how he refused to go Nilan who was being held back by the refs.

Having said that, Boston Gardens was the place everyone hated to play. As you can see where the players come in, is not a good situation. And like Nilan said, beer and other debris was always thrown at you. It has always been like that as well. I remember a Montreal Goalie, not sure if it was Gump Worsely or Charlie Hodge, who had a beer dumped on him coming through the crowd. After a stoppage in play either the ref or one of the players on the ice had got close to him and smelt the booze and asked if he'd been drinking.

So I can understand why Nilan would have been agitated. But fight Jay Miller. Don't sucker punch Paul Boutilier.

Few other things I find interesting. Ray Bourque was wearing #7, before Phil Esposito's retirement, and his switch to #77. That puke Kenny Linseman who looks like he uses his stick to try and spear Nilan after Nilan gives him the hand to the face.

And I as 9 when this happened.

kenny linesman looked like the kinda bloke you wouldnt trust around your kids.

Afterall his nickname was the rat but I believe he does have a Stanley Cup game winning goal!

he might have but it doesnt stop the fact that he sweats when he see's a schoolbus.

he might have but it doesnt stop the fact that he sweats when he see's a schoolbus.

lol and thats a fact!

damn i was only two when this happend....dont get to see this anymore

I just love the part about 4:00mins in where P. Roy jumps over the bench to follow down the alley as well..

he was a warrior in that wayi think he must be one of the goalies with the most fights...or close...i know hextall too was pretty bad

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

Boutilier got what was coming to him. What was he thinking looking away like that when he was grappling with a guy like Chris Nilan? When you grapple with someone, you don't start looking around. You focus on the guy grabbing your sweater. Idiotic to look away like that.

I was 8. I would've loved to see that game since my dads was a hardcore bruins fan.

question: nilan suckerpunched boutilier...why the hell wasn't boutilier payind attention ?? you have nilan in your hands and you're not paying attention ??

Boutilier got what was coming to him. What was he thinking looking away like that when he was grappling with a guy like Chris Nilan? When you grapple with someone, you don't start looking around. You focus on the guy grabbing your sweater. Idiotic to look away like that.

Ok, so Montreal's tough guys are considered to be Souray, Rivet, and Downey. They truly don't have a tough guy. So anybody involved in some extra-curricular activity after the whistle should be expected to be punched in the head when their latched onto one of the above?

Thats just nonsense. I remember everybody bitching and complaining on here when Chara punched Ivanans last year after a fight that broke Ivanas jaw. ITs a joke. I'd love to see McGratton, or Andrew Peters deck somebody like that this year watch everybody go banana's.

Yes Boutiler should have been paying attention, but to say its his fault is obtuse

Edited by kaos

I just love the part about 4:00mins in where P. Roy jumps over the bench to follow down the alley as well..

Patrick had that passion which made him great (and which we sorely missed after he left)....same with Lemieux, same with Chelios, same with Skrudland..............

why would you look away when you are fighting Chris Nilan!!!!!!!!! whyyyyyy, that is by far one of the stupidest things i have seen in a while, looking away, when your fighting Chris Nilan!!!!!!!!

why would you look away when you are fighting Chris Nilan!!!!!!!!! whyyyyyy, that is by far one of the stupidest things i have seen in a while, looking away, when your fighting Chris Nilan!!!!!!!!

It wasn't a fight until Nilan threw the punch. It was two guys holding onto each other....umm...ok that sounds bad.