Movies

habs_in_the_blood

I also remember hearing him tell a dumb american entertainment journalist that he chose number 23 because that was the amount of his favourite team's stanley cups.

he's from TO and they have 16...and it'll stay like this a f---ing while.

Montreal have 24 stanley cups not 23..not that he likes montreal...only Viggo Mortensen is bright enought to embrasse the CH.

While I think the he's a great actor and an underrated drama actor, He really should've shut up about his title for 23 !! DUMB ASS!!

16 cups for Toronto? :nono:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Carrey is good in a serious role in Man on the Moon too.

And White Heat is aaaaaawesome! Probably the best movie I've seen so far this summer.

Jim Carrey is good in a serious role in Man on the Moon too.

And White Heat is aaaaaawesome! Probably the best movie I've seen so far this summer.

6 days left

Edited by JoeLassister

Funnilly, the 2 last movies I saw were on opposite ends of the quality spectrum.

First, Alien vs Predator Requiem... what a piece of dog poop. Weak story, paper thin characthers , lame dialogue, lame battles (in the dark most of the time) , too much gratuitous violence.. I put it in the same category than Freddy got fingered ie : worst. movies. ever.

Then they're was Wall-E. Now that's some awesome characthers (especially Wall-E himself, the lil fella is just so damn likeable), good story, great graphics , great soundtrack.. that movie is so awesome I want to see it again Well done Pixar :clap: :clap: :clap: . I havent felt this satisfied by a movie since I saw the original LOTR in theatres.

Edited by Jean

Oh jesus, Requiem was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was even worst then the first one, I didn't think that was possible! That hospital scene where the Predalien attacks all the pregnant mothers really, really bothered me. Cheap, unnecessary shock value, thats all it was.

And you basically echoed my thoughts on Wall-E, such an adorable movie. As soon as my niece is old enough to understand what the hell is going on, thats one of the first movies I'm showing her.

I saw a preview last night before Hellboy II for some movie called College. I'm really getting sick of these movies at the end of every August about visiting colleges. Theres been at least one every August for the last 3 or 4 years now. Theres not enough material there to make anything unique or different guys, so just give up.

And there was a preview for the Star Wars movie. Everyone booed, it was kinda funny.

In Bruges - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/

Most awesome movie I've seen in a long time. It's absolutely hilarious but at the same time it's serious and tragic and there is a good plot.

You can watch the entire film here: http://playonclick.com/Videos/showMovieExt...ame=In%20Bruges

I also saw Double Indemnity, which is also great and worth seeing but I don't see anything that puts it ahead of other great noirs like Sunset Blvd. Barbara Stanwyck is incredible and there is of course some sharp dialogue. This is another classic from Billy Wilder.

I watched Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanimo Bay last night.

Well, that should be enough explaination right there. Tragic that they keep making these films, but the bottomless party (you know, instead of Topless ;) ) was a very enjoyable 2 mins.

Edited by Habitforming

Watched Seven thanks to my friend lending it to me yesteday - great stuff as expected.

About to watch another, though I haven't decided which one of the following just yet:

Annie Hall

Silence of the Lambs

Terminator 2

Thelma & Louise

Dog Day Afternoon

Apocalypse Now

Unknown White Male

Probably going to go with Annie Hall because I've had it sitting here for awhile with the intent to watch but never got around to it.

Watched Seven thanks to my friend lending it to me yesteday - great stuff as expected.

About to watch another, though I haven't decided which one of the following just yet:

Annie Hall

Silence of the Lambs

Terminator 2

Thelma & Louise

Dog Day Afternoon

Apocalypse Now

Unknown White Male

Probably going to go with Annie Hall because I've had it sitting here for awhile with the intent to watch but never got around to it.

If you haven't seen any of them you are in for a nice suprise, they are all decent (Terminator 2, Thelma and Louise) to very good (Silence of the Lambs, Apocalypse Now).

I actually haven't seen or know anything about Unknown White Male so let me know what it is like ;)

If you haven't seen any of them you are in for a nice suprise, they are all decent (Terminator 2, Thelma and Louise) to very good (Silence of the Lambs, Apocalypse Now).

I actually haven't seen or know anything about Unknown White Male so let me know what it is like ;)

I've seen Terminator 2, and most of Themla & Louise. I just have to re-watch because of one of the Screenplay books I'm dealing this covers them along w/ Dancing with Wolves and Silence of the Lambs.

I recently watched the three Terminator movies and really enjoyed all three. I agree with most that Judgement Day was the best movie, but I think I actually liked the third one a little bit more. I think it made the other two movies make sense.

I've had enough experience with shows and movies about time travel that Judgement Day left me wondering why John Conner still existed at the end of the movie, since Judgment Day was stopped and there would have been no reason to send Kyle back to the past, which would have meant John never would have been born. The story of the third movie brought sense to that, and the theme of fate being inevitable, while a dim view, it really made the most sense.

Annie Hall

Silence of the Lambs

Terminator 2

Thelma & Louise

Dog Day Afternoon

Apocalypse Now

I haven't seen Seven in years. I need to find it on DVD.

All of those movies are the very best each genre has to offer. I haven't seen a lot of Woody Allen movies but I have seen Annie Hall and it's a classic. Terminator 2 is in my humble opinion the greatest action movie ever made. Silence of the Lams scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it. Pacino's always good so Dog Day Afternoon is well worth watching. Also keep an eye out for John Casale (who played Freddie Corleone in the Godfather movies and also featured in The Deer Hunter). I like Apocalypse Now a lot. Brando was the man.

Terminator 3 was pretty good if you ask me. I liked the ending.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

And there was a preview for the Star Wars movie. Everyone booed, it was kinda funny.

Wait, what?? They're is a new Star Wars coming out? I tought the saga was over... :blink:

Or do you mean a parody film?

Wait, what?? They're is a new Star Wars coming out? I tought the saga was over... :blink:

They're doing a new Clone Wars cartoon series (full episodes, unlike the first one) and they're kicking it off by releasing a theatrical movie. I, for one, am excited about it. Even when Star Wars is bad, it's better than most crap out there.

I saw a preview last night before Hellboy II for some movie called College. I'm really getting sick of these movies at the end of every August about visiting colleges. Theres been at least one every August for the last 3 or 4 years now. Theres not enough material there to make anything unique or different guys, so just give up.

And it's not even the right time of year for movies about college visits, unless you're being recruited as a football player.

I watched Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanimo Bay last night.

Well, that should be enough explaination right there. Tragic that they keep making these films, but the bottomless party (you know, instead of Topless ;) ) was a very enjoyable 2 mins.

yep. you were high last night.

Exactly, it made sense of the other two movies.

Haven't seen it in a while, think I'm gonna have to watch it again now.

Annie Hall

Silence of the Lambs

Terminator 2

Thelma & Louise

Dog Day Afternoon

Apocalypse Now

Unknown White Male

ha ha same for me. I have Run Lola Run on my TV since probably 2-3 months and never watched it .

:clap:

Greatest actor of all time.

About a year and a half ago I saw A Streetcar Named Desire for the first time, and let me tell you, I'm not gay, but man, Brando was hot!

ha ha same for me. I have Run Lola Run on my TV since probably 2-3 months and never watched it .

Watch it, it's agood movie.

About a year and a half ago I saw A Streetcar Named Desire for the first time, and let me tell you, I'm not gay, but man, Brando was hot!

I've seen clips of it so I know what you mean ,that was really his prime - but I actually have never seen it. I'm going to go rent movies sometime this week (I actually haven't even rented once so far this summer) and the three I'm targeting are A Streetcar Named Desire, Chinatown and LA Confidential because those are probably the three movies I've never seen that I have to see most. I've seen Apocalypse Now, On the Waterfront, The Godfather, Last Tango in Paris and a couple of other works from Brando when he was older and I can definitely say that he is in a class of his own - and that's without ever seeing Streetcar or any of the remaining 5 or so movies he was nominated as Best Leading Actor for. I think Last Tango in Paris was his most impressive role and possibly the best performance I've ever seen.

Tonight at 9 I'm watching Do the Right Thing by Spike Lee. It's supposed to be really really good.

Sling Blade

Great ######ing movie, one of my all-time favorites. So good that you can almost forgive Billy Bob Thornton for partaking in such shit as Armageddon and whatnot.

I'm going to go rent movies sometime this week (I actually haven't even rented once so far this summer) and the three I'm targeting are A Streetcar Named Desire, Chinatown and LA Confidential because those are probably the three movies I've never seen that I have to see most.

Oh man, you're in for a treat, let me tell you. Those three happen to be some of my all-time favorites, some of the best movies ever made, without a shadow of a doubt. Even though I liked the book better, L.A. Confidential is a great movie. They did a good job adapting it for the screen if you ask me (worlds better than The Black Dahlia, another James Ellroy novel), and Lord knows that book couldn't have been easy to adapt. I think they did as well as you could have asked for, and then some. Chinatown is probably the best film noir ever made, and like I said, Streetcar was good enough to almost turn a straight man gay, and besides that it was a great movie. When you see movies like these you understand why they appeal to generation after generation. They become classics for a reason.

Tonight at 9 I'm watching Do the Right Thing by Spike Lee. It's supposed to be really really good.

It is. Very good. I don't know if I've seen any other Spike Lee movies. None that I can think of, only Malcolm X, but I'm not sure it was he who made it and it was so long ago anyway so it hardly counts anyway.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Okay - today is the day I finally watch Annie Hall. :P

Make that "The Usual Suspects". Turns out my dad wanted to watch so it was a better choice.

Though, I must say Usual Suspects was too predictable (as was Seven). I ruin mystery/detective type stories far too often because I catch onto the tells early on. Either way though, a great watch and Spacey is amazing as always.