Movies

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolan has gone on record saying he dislikes The Penguin character calling it too far-fetched. I doubt we see the Penguin in the Batman reboot.

Yeah, he's said that about a couple villains.

We're never going to see the boy wonder either.

(Robin)

About Jack Nicholson BTW. Like I said, I haven't seen the movie in a while, but in retrospect, maybe Nicholson did over-do it, did go over the top. I still think he was great though, stole the show for sure. You also have to remember that Prince made the music for the film, and I for one love Prince (been listening to him a lot this past week) and his Batman soundtrack is among the best soundtracks of all time IMO. But you can't accuse Prince of being subtle. And maybe the same thing can be said for more aspects of that movie.

I'd agree Nicholson stole the show in that movie but he was never really The Joker like he was supposed to be. The Joker is probably the most evil of all comic book villains. He's someone who would shoot up an entire fast food place because they forgot something in his order (no kidding, that actually happened. In like, a christmas special issue too, haha) and Nicholson seemed to play the character a little more goofy rather then the epitome of evil.

Heath Ledger on the other hand captured it perfectly. Nolan gave him two of the better Batman stories to read through though. (I know The Killing Joke was one and I think the other was The Long Halloween)

Edited by jetsniper

I'd like to see Robin to be honest, I think it can be done properly and to me he is too big a part of Batman to be ignored completely.

I really hope TwoFace doesn't come back. So far the new series has been incredibly realistic and bringing him back from the dead would be foolish in my opinion. They'd have to really do it well for me to be sold on the idea.

I'd like to see Robin to be honest, I think it can be done properly and to me he is too big a part of Batman to be ignored completely.

I really hope TwoFace doesn't come back. So far the new series has been incredibly realistic and bringing him back from the dead would be foolish in my opinion. They'd have to really do it well for me to be sold on the idea.

Robin is a no-no for sure. http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/02/christ...n-3-and-beyond/

1. We're still at the very, very beginning of Batman's career so it's still pretty early for Robin.

2. Robin is way too campy for these kind of movies, it would ruin the whole atmosphere. Robin was part of the reason the last series went down the drain.

I'm willing to leave villains wide open, Sam Raimi was adamant about never doing Venom and look where that got him. I think we're guaranteed no Robin though.

Robin is a no-no for sure. http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/02/christ...n-3-and-beyond/

1. We're still at the very, very beginning of Batman's career so it's still pretty early for Robin.

2. Robin is way too campy for these kind of movies, it would ruin the whole atmosphere. Robin was part of the reason the last series went down the drain.

I'm willing to leave villains wide open, Sam Raimi was adamant about never doing Venom and look where that got him. I think we're guaranteed no Robin though.

Oh I know Robin is a no-no, guess i shoulda clarified that in the original post.

And Sam Raimi should have never done Venom, im still pissed at how bad that movie was.

You don't even want to get me started on Spider-Man 3. I would've walked out on it if it hadn't of been like, 2 in the morning and my friend drove me to the theater.

Everything about the villains in that movie was terrible, I made about about 3 or 4 blog posts between the theater release and the DVD release going into detail how much I disliked that movie. Aside from about 5 minutes of that final battle, there wasn't even a redeeming quality there.

Haha, I came across this random review of The Dark Knight and it was pretty spot on. http://my.spill.com/video/video/show?id=94...AVideo%3A402086

I'm glad they mentioned Aaron Eckhart, agreed 100% on what they said. Not sure if it's better then sex though. :lol:

Edited by jetsniper

You don't even want to get me started on Spider-Man 3. I would've walked out on it if it hadn't of been like, 2 in the morning and my friend drove me to the theater.

Everything about the villains in that movie was terrible, I made about about 3 or 4 blog posts between the theater release and the DVD release going into detail how much I disliked that movie. Aside from about 5 minutes of that final battle, there wasn't even a redeeming quality there.

http://www.the-editing-room.com/spiderman3.html

:lol: I didn't know there was one of these for Spider-Man 3.

The "How It Should Have Ended" for it was good too.

Meanwhile, KIRSTEN DUNST visits JAMES FRANCO and dances with him. Eventually, she kisses him. This sends TOBEY over the edge into PURE EVIL, illustrated by him demanding cookies from his landlord’s daughter, putting his feet on desks, popping his collar, and dancing his way down the street like a ASSCLOWN.

This is where I completely lost it. :lol:

Edited by jetsniper

The Dark Knight has a 9.7 rating on IMDB and is ranked #1. :lol:

Of course, all new movies get inflated ratings like this and then drop over time but I've never seen anything ever get that high. The rate it's going, it'll stay in the top 10.

Well to be fair, IMDB cuts out irregular voters so it's top 250 rating is only 9.5

It still probably won't drop out of the top 10 though. *shrugs* It was that good.

I don't think anyone actually mistakes it for the greatest contribution to cinema ever - the IMDB list is made mostly by mainstream movie-goers so movies that are both accessible and full of action AND great are always going to be very high. The Star Wars and Lord of the Rings movies or The Matrix or most of the other movies on that list shouldn't be as high as they are. It is in no way an accurate list of what the 250 best movies of all time actually are - but if you are looking for some good movies, it is a very good list to follow.

I have a feeling The Dark Knight is going to be one of my favourite movies. Heath Ledger just looks too cool.

I finally got to go see Wall-e.

Very cute movie and an instant hit/homerun for Disney.....yet again.

I also got to see a few of the upcoming features from Disney in the previews, Bolt was one of them and looks like it will be another sure fire hit (judging by the responses of the kids in the theater).

Tonight, I'm going to watch Doomsday

I don't think anyone actually mistakes it for the greatest contribution to cinema ever - the IMDB list is made mostly by mainstream movie-goers so movies that are both accessible and full of action AND great are always going to be very high. The Star Wars and Lord of the Rings movies or The Matrix or most of the other movies on that list shouldn't be as high as they are. It is in no way an accurate list of what the 250 best movies of all time actually are - but if you are looking for some good movies, it is a very good list to follow.

I have a feeling The Dark Knight is going to be one of my favourite movies. Heath Ledger just looks too cool.

I've got a feeling no one will ever come up with one. Not an accurate one that everyone will agree on anyway.

And yeah, by no means do I actually care about IMDB's list. I mean, I look it over sometimes just for the sake of some reading but I like The Godfather because it's The Godfather, not because it's the #1 movie on the site. If you get what I'm saying.

I keep repeating most of The Joker's lines to myself, I think this is the first movie of the year where I'm going to go see it again. I didn't even go see Iron Man again and he's my favourite superhero. (Batman's probably in my top 3 though)

"Lets cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your pooches. Hmm? Then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog really is. It's not about the money....it's about....sending a message"

The Joker was just too awesome.

I don't think you're right at all there.

Both of those movies not only were hugely popular but they both changed cinimatic history by the way films are shot and or special effects.

And yeah, by no means do I actually care about IMDB's list. I mean, I look it over sometimes just for the sake of some reading but I like The Godfather because it's The Godfather, not because it's the #1 movie on the site. If you get what I'm saying.

I did not care for the Godfather. Did not care for it. It insists upon itself.

I love the Money Pit.

Edited by Trizzak

I did not care for the Godfather. Did not care for it. It insists upon itself.

I love the Money Pit.

What does that even mean? Cause it has valid points to make, it's insistent!

I hope you've atleast seen the ending.

What does that even mean? Cause it has valid points to make, it's insistent!

I hope you've atleast seen the ending.

I have tried on 3 seperate occasions to get through it. I get to the scene where all the guys are sitting around on the easy chairs... I have no idea what they're talking about! It's like they're speaking a different language. That's where I lose interest.

Just finished watching "Unknown White Male". I suggest it to anyone with any sort of interest in Psychology, Philosophy, and/or Memory.

Keep in mind that it is a documentary.

My friend just told me that Heath Ledger was ridiculously good but that the rest was good but not as amazing. He said that Ledger was the movie for him.

I don't think you're right at all there.

Both of those movies not only were hugely popular but they both changed cinimatic history by the way films are shot and or special effects.

That is exactly why they are ranked as highly as they are. The LotR movies are ranked #14, 20 and 31. The Matrix is 33. Raiders of the Lost Ark is #17. The first two Star Wars movies are #9 and #13. Some of my favourites like Se7en (#35), The Usual Suspects (#21), American History X (#41), The Departed #44 are also very high.

These are good movies and some of those are very classic and very influential on other movies. But if you really think that The Empire Strikes Back is technically and objectively the 9th best movie ever made... you probably need to watch more movies. It is a great two hours of entertainment and it is a must-see for everybody yet if we are comparing itto artistic masterpieces like, I dunno, Dr. Strangelove and Sunset Blvd and Last Tango in Paris and Lawrence of Arabia.... it doesn't even come close. You cannot compare great entertainment with great art.

The IMDB list is a list made by a poll of thousands of viewers. So for the most part, newer movies with big fan clubs like the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars movies as well as things like Fight Club, The Matrix and Memento are going to be much higher than William Wyler and Howard Hawks masterpieces. From top to bottom, there is no better list that I know of on the internet - but if you start getting picky about the order, it is a mess.