Game Thread | Calgary Vs. Montreal | 10/17/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way, it was a solid hit and he was just finishing his check. If it has been the other way around, you'd be saying what a great hit it was by Downey. There was nothing wrong with that hit. Whats Reghr suppose to do? Crouch so his shoulder doesn't hit his head? I don't like that Downey was milked and has no idea where he is right now and will probably miss signifcant time, but that was a great hit. Scott Stevens like. LEts see Komiarek lay out somebody like that

The league has made it very clear that you cannot take a head shot when you have the guy lined up. He is supposed to make an attempt not to hit the head. He had that lined up and he came up to the head. He didn't have to do that.

And for the record, several habs have been called sinced the lock out for the very same play. Guys have also been suspended for that. I won't be surprised if that is reviewed by the league.

Make that 5 for the Sabres. Afinogenov

Cool, I got him on my fantasy team :)

Heh, game eight of last year's playoffs? :lol:

Make that five now... just toying with Philly. Passing it around like men playing with boys....

Buffalo is the team to beat in the East, no question...

opps, six now.... :)

No way, it was a solid hit and he was just finishing his check. If it has been the other way around, you'd be saying what a great hit it was by Downey. There was nothing wrong with that hit. Whats Reghr suppose to do? Crouch so his shoulder doesn't hit his head? I don't like that Downey was milked and has no idea where he is right now and will probably miss signifcant time, but that was a great hit. Scott Stevens like. LEts see Komiarek lay out somebody like that

Yes i agree that we would be saying that it was a awsome hit, but he would be in the penalty box, If you are watching the game, you must be Blind, his elbow pad basicly was in his ear, secondly you must not play hockey or no anything about it cause that hit could have ended Downey's career, no how fast he was goin, its like a ping pong...... imagine your head hitting the boards at 25mph <_< , he could have broken his neck..............so stop saying it was a clean check