Game Thread | Calgary Vs. Montreal | 10/17/06

Spider-Man NL

It wont be good. hey it'll be brisebois first time back in montreal. add that to pierre turgeon and will have the 3 worst scapegoats of all time in one game.

it'll be a boofest at start but people will cheer for theodore when we'll be winning 3-0 in the 1st period.

did you see him tonight???? pathetic!!!!! am i ever glad we dont have him on our team!!! i feel bad for the Avs tough!! lol

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you see him tonight???? pathetic!!!!! am i ever glad we dont have him on our team!!! i feel bad for the Avs tough!! lol

see whom ??

I heard brisebois scored.

Brisebois did score a nice shot actually.

But Theo could not hold Colorado in it after the battled back from a big deficit.

It would be a riot if quenneville decided that budaj would be in goals on saturday :lol:

yeah god bless the only Quebecer to bang paris hilton! lol

id love to bang paris hilton- over the head with a a hockey stick.

ok. I digress. or should I say, I would like to return to the predictions for tonight...

5-3 habs... I hope that the open speed and fast pace Calgary plays will lend itself to our first and second line doing their thang on the score sheet. Tanguay worries me... he's due... again I'd like to see Lats step it up soon...

Go Habs Go! and to everyone at the game tonight have fun!

ok. I digress. or should I say, I would like to return to the predictions for tonight...

5-3 habs... I hope that the open speed and fast pace Calgary plays will lend itself to our first and second line doing their thang on the score sheet. Tanguay worries me... he's due... again I'd like to see Lats step it up soon...

Go Habs Go! and to everyone at the game tonight have fun!

Yeah, Tanguay's from Quebec, so he'll probably step it up playing in front of his home crowd. But I'm not overly worried about him. If we could shut down the Forsberg line and the Spezza line in back-to-back games, we can deal with the measly offense that Calgary has to offer. We need to skate hard though in order to sneak some goals of our own past their stingy defense.

Yeah, Tanguay's from Quebec, so he'll probably step it up playing in front of his home crowd. But I'm not overly worried about him. If we could shut down the Forsberg line and the Spezza line in back-to-back games, we can deal with the measly offense that Calgary has to offer. We need to skate hard though in order to sneak some goals of our own past their stingy defense.

i wouldnt call their offence measly it has been this season but at anytime it is capable of doing damage.

i wouldnt call their offence measly it has been this season but at anytime it is capable of doing damage.

They're a one-line team. Last year they were one of the lowest scoring teams in the entire league. However, they don't need to score a lot because they have such a great defense. Sure, they have guys who can chip in every once in a while, just like every other team, but they have very few consistent offensive threats.

They're a one-line team. Last year they were one of the lowest scoring teams in the entire league. However, they don't need to score a lot because they have such a great defense. Sure, they have guys who can chip in every once in a while, just like every other team, but they have very few consistent offensive threats.

yeah i see what you mean- their no detroit.

Tanguay made a beautiful goof at the blueline in OT against the Leafs that gave Sundin his 500th career goal. This guy is going to be the biggest overpaid bum on the Flames. His stats were the direct result of playing with Forseberg and Sakic. Those two made many players look good.

Habs just have to worry about Iggy and play sound hockey which means NO PENALTIES.

Habs just have to worry about Iggy and play sound hockey which means NO PENALTIES.

I agree about the general strategy. Watch for Matthew Lombardi, a Montrel native who usually plays big against the Habs. That Gioradano kid played a tune against the Leafs defence too, with 2 goals from jumping up in the play.

Tanguay made a beautiful goof at the blueline in OT against the Leafs that gave Sundin his 500th career goal. This guy is going to be the biggest overpaid bum on the Flames. His stats were the direct result of playing with Forseberg and Sakic. Those two made many players look good.

AH!

I knew someone would bring this up. A Avs fan nonetheless... Remember the season before the lockout when both Sakic and Forsberg got injured? Who kept producing over a point-per-game? Tanguay! And who kept producing a point-per-game even when Forsberg was gone? Tanguay!

You might shun him because he's gone from Colorado, but Tanguay's for real. The problem is the staff in Calgary, Sutter in charge. They'll choke the living offense out of any of their forwards. They managed to turn Iginla into a 60-70 pts player. They did the same with Chris Drury, who was lucky enough to escape to Buffalo where he's posting the same type of numbers as in Colorado.

AH!

I knew someone would bring this up. A Avs fan nonetheless... Remember the season before the lockout when both Sakic and Forsberg got injured? Who kept producing over a point-per-game? Tanguay! And who kept producing a point-per-game even when Forsberg was gone? Tanguay!

You might shun him because he's gone from Colorado, but Tanguay's for real. The problem is the staff in Calgary, Sutter in charge. They'll choke the living offense out of any of their forwards. They managed to turn Iginla into a 60-70 pts player. They did the same with Chris Drury, who was lucky enough to escape to Buffalo where he's posting the same type of numbers as in Colorado.

One good year does not make him a good player. He was part of a top line for most of his career. Now he has to prove he can make other players better which he won't. I highly doubt you watched as many Avalanche games as myself or even jetsniper and I can tell you he is a very weak player. He would not even be in the NHL if it was not for his past playing with the great centers.

There was ALSO a time when Tanguay slumped so bad that he was taken off the top lines for many many games. So far he has choked in Calgary so much that he got taken off the top line. And it was nice of him to give up the winning goal against the LEafs the other night(grrrr...Dislike the Leafs). I hope he does well in Calgary, but I would no pick him in any pools or some people will regret it.

No sour grapes, just the facts he is not a superstar as some would believe.

id love to bang paris hilton- over the head with a a hockey stick.

Even so.. use A LOT of protection... Besides the numerous STDs, her stupidity is even more contagious....

I'll be at work tonight, hopefully the boys can win this one without me! :D