Dandeneault Out Indefinitely

option+

SHould we act like the leaf board and talk of signing Leetch? lmao

Sucks as Dandy had impressed me this year, hope he gets well soon

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Sucks as Dandy had impressed me this year, hope he gets well soon

Yeah you and me both -- but "hamstring with a partial tear" doesn't sound good -- anyone round here know what that entails?

no leetch! NO!!!

i think streit is going to give a good performance... he gained experience and maturity since last year and i think he is taking his job very seriously... hope he is going to help us in PP also :)

Edited by bebehabs

Tearing of the hamstring pretty bad. It takes a long time to heal. I'd say atleast Christmas, probably longer. Its a very large muscle and takes time to heal properly

As well with Hamstrings you have to be carefull. If they don't fully heal and you push it, its easy to tear again.

no leetch! NO!!!

i think streit is going to give a good performance... he gained experience and maturity since last year and i think he is taking his job very seriously... hope he is going to help us in O.T. also :)

well i beleive the time is now for streit....if he didnt get the sign the Hockey gods sent him he better wake the $@$%# up!! especially if he still wants this place on the team...now or never strieter!

Well AI would guess he would be out past Christmas I would say at least 10-12 weeks. As mentioned even a partial tear of a hamstring needs tender love and care and CANNOT BE PUSHED.

Streit looked really good in preseason (playing a Markov esq game in the corners seperating players from the puck. I think he is ready and willing to attempt to fill Dandenault's skates!

:angry:

Bring on Streit. He's born again!

Even if you wern't kidding it doesn't matter. Montreal wouldn't have enough room under the cap to sign him.

The savings on Dandenault might help. If Dandy is out until the end of December that translates to $788,000 in savings and $549,000 for Bouillon based on December 1 return. Add in the wiggle room and we have $2,437,000

Is this correct or do these injuries count against the cap?

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

It's sucks that dandenault is injured but i'm confident that streit can do a great job and take less penalties than dandy.

I really hope rivet is not push is come back( not that he left !!) to fast.

dandy said his hamstring came out of the bone...eeeowww

Edited by marky_and_komi

Even if you wern't kidding it doesn't matter. Montreal wouldn't have enough room under the cap to sign him.

Wouldn't Dandenault's salary not count against the cap while he's injured? And Bouillon's? That would make Leetch affordable. But we shouldn't even consider it unless 1 more man goes down and Traverse becomes a regular.

Yeah you and me both -- but "hamstring with a partial tear" doesn't sound good -- anyone round here know what that entails?

Pain and lots of it...followed by a lengthy rehab. Hamstring injuries are notorious for re-occuring if you try to come back before it is completely healed. I'm not sure how severe his partial tear is but I pulled my hamstring once--it felt like someone stabbed me in the back of the leg and it took a long time to heal.

I would be surprised to see MD back in the line up in less than six weeks. Maybe 12 if it is a serious tear :(

I hope I'm wrong

Just read M& K's post make that a minimun of 12 weeks-- if it tore off the bone he may need surgery.

Edited by PMAC

I just wish that we will never have too see traverse or jancevski in the lineup.

coté should be back in less then a month and a little seasoning in the ahl and think he could be a good fix up.

You guys are right. Any player on the injured reserve does not count against the cap while they are on it. So there is money saved while they are injured. That being said, I would rather see the guys play than save their salary.

If Leetch really want to play in the NHL again he's in no position to ask for as much as 2M considering how much his game has regressed. Absolutely not.

Looks like our healthy regulars + Stret will be overused :unsure:

gos this, is really gonna suck, im gonna miss seeing such a mobile defense, i dont think Strit is that fast of a skater, so its gonna slow down are defense alot.

I think Streit deserves this chance.

And frankly, if he doesn't make the most of it then he's never going to adjust to the NHL game. He's 31 years old.

Couldn't agree more. It is put up or shut up time for Mr. Streit.

I think Streit deserves this chance.

And frankly, if he doesn't make the most of it then he's never going to adjust to the NHL game. He's 31 years old.

True, True, This actually could be one of his last seasons before Montreal drops him if he doesnt play well. (no offence to you older ones) but a 31 year old defensemen who has not bloomed yet, i would drop him, he has no potential after this season if he has a down year

It says In the article that Striet co-leads the team, what does this mean?? because I know he never wore an A last year, or was he just a silent leader in the locker room who is are 7th defense men

It says In the article that Striet co-leads the team, what does this mean?? because I know he never wore an A last year, or was he just a silent leader in the locker room who is are 7th defense men

I think they're referring to his 3 preseason points at the time the article was written.

Anybody know why Streit hasn't dressed yet this season? Why has Carbo not gone with 7 defensemen? It sounds like Streit had earned a shot based on pre-season, and it would be nice if he wasn't coming in cold against Calgary.

I think they're referring to his 3 preseason points at the time the article was written.

Anybody know why Streit hasn't dressed yet this season? Why has Carbo not gone with 7 defensemen? It sounds like Streit had earned a shot based on pre-season, and it would be nice if he wasn't coming in cold against Calgary.

oh, i thought they meant leader has in like a leader on the team, like captaincy