Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Chicago | 10/18/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from school. Somebody give me a quick recap of whats going on.

Havlat scored first minute

Higgins ties it 2 mins lef tin the first

no scoring in the 2nd

Smolinski scores 2 min into the third

habs taking lots on penalty's again

Komisarek might have just saved a goal

Good effort boys, Chicago is actualy half-decent this season (or at least so far)

or lack there of......

I didn't see alot of heart and desire out there tonight. I know it is hard to get up for a game after one like last nights, but this was an average outing by an above average team, so we lost to an average at best team.

ana1.png

anaD.png

I have to go, won't post a complete analysis tonight, but here are some overall thoughts:

1. Lackluster refs tonight.

2. Overall, effort was low this game, and the last period was pathetic to watch. No tank left in the gas. Can we fault the Habs? Should we be upset? Nah. After the first period was over i had a feeling Habs were going to lose this one. They had an intense game yesterday against Calgary followed by a 17 hour drive to Chicago with no time to practice/prepare/recover.

Conclusion:

Yes the Habs played bad, but the NHL schedule was the main culprit in my view. Not too worried.

or lack there of......

I didn't see alot of heart and desire out there tonight. I know it is hard to get up for a game after one like last nights, but this was an average outing by an above average team, so we lost to an average at best team.

Well, it wasn't all bad. Abby had a solid game, Komisarek and Markov looked good. I think Perez and Plecks also looked good. It wasn't all bad, and so far Chicago (Havlat) have been good.

Bit of a letdown here. Yeah the big game last night and the long drive probably hurt them, but then again its just an excuse. These guys are elite athletes and should be ready for a game like this. But no use beating a dead horse. Carbonneau better have them ready for Saturday