Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Chicago | 10/18/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carb said after Philli game that no- matter what Huet will start Calgary and Abby will start Chicago.

and abby against colorado on this coming saturday :P

i already said it in the flames / habs game :(

pierre the great should follow a lil bit more :P

hey. enjoyed the game ??

as long as you kept you ticket you should be ok. I think it's only good until the next game, though.

Yeah I enjoyed it as much as I could, do not get me wrong I love that the habs won but those games are an emotional rollercoaster if I were an old man I would have had a heart attack!

John Cougar said it best; "...when the wall comes tumbling down......."

The boolin wall... Khabibulin 3.78 GAA, .879 Save%

Yeah but all that matters in the Win Loss column and the Hawks are looking pretty good!

Habs offence seems to be fired up...FINALLY! I see Kovalev is making the big plays at right time as usual. The only reason the score was close last night was Huet. I appreciate what he did for the team last season, but there is a reason this guy has never been a #1. Go Abby!!

P.S. One shorty in each of the last 3 games....awesome!!!

Watched chicago a few times this year and they are a much improved team, but should not be as tough as Ottawa or Buffalo so we should win in regulation. Negate their top line and we will do fine. Play our best and we tank them. Let's keep the point streak alive!!! Go Abby!! Can't wait until Huet finds his groove, we will have the best tandom going.

simonus : ok... i'll try to find u in the crowd if nothing is happening on the ice hehe :)

---

i think carbo is going to send bonk against havlat... another big game for bonky tonite... hope he is not too tired haha

ABBY GOTTA STOP THEM ALL!!!

Oops! Ok, thanks for noticing my typo. I've corrected it.

You put "Projected Calgary lineup."

Habs offence seems to be fired up...FINALLY! I see Kovalev is making the big plays at right time as usual. The only reason the score was close last night was Huet. I appreciate what he did for the team last season, but there is a reason this guy has never been a #1. Go Abby!!

P.S. One shorty in each of the last 3 games....awesome!!!

Easy on Huet.........if it wasn't for him last night we could have lost 6-5 or even 8-5. Sure he's looking a little flat compared to last season but so is our D at the moment. As for ABBY. Yes he is looking good and can be a great #1, although much like THEO he can fall apart quickly too.

No bagging cause nothing is in the bag with these two. I'm glad to have them both. Should they fail Yann Denis could be a surprise aswell.

If anything, our D needs to get back to way they played the end of last season.

Easy on Huet.........if it wasn't for him last night we could have lost 6-5 or even 8-5. Sure he's looking a little flat compared to last season but so is our D at the moment. As for ABBY. Yes he is looking good and can be a great #1, although much like THEO he can fall apart quickly too.

No bagging cause nothing is in the bag with these two. I'm glad to have them both. Should they fail Yann Denis could be a surprise aswell.

If anything, our D needs to get back to way they played the end of last season.

I agree with you...the Habs D has been a problem for a long time, although constantly improving. I remember last season when the D couldn't even manage to clear the zone. That being said, both goals by Lombardi would have never happened had our D been awake. Any nhler will score when given a cross ice pass in front of an undefended goalie. Both of those goals were great examples of failed defence.

Missed that too. Now updated.

Nice work!

Just switch positions on Johnson/Perezhogin and Komisarek/Markov and its perfect!

<a href="http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=27" target="_blank"></a>

pre0.png

pre1.png

Preview @ Habsworld.net : http://habsworld.net/article.php?id=1195

Preview @ NHL.com : http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...007&gtype=2

Downey injury @ Sportsline.com : http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/9736047

Preview @ Canadiens.com : http://canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect.cfm...newsItemID=5260

pre2.png

canadiens.png5 Ryder (1st), Niinimaa (1st), Johnson (2nd), Souray (3rd), Kovalev(3rd)

blackhawks.png2 Smolinski(2nd), Havlat(3rd)

pre3.png

Habs back in chicago for the first time in years. Should be an interesting game. Despite the potential for fatigue (Habs played yesterday + trip to Chicago) i sense a certain optimism and high level of motivation among the Canadiens. I think they'll come out strong.

Habs have scored a point or more in every game so far this season. Can they keep it up?

Interesting statistic: Chicago has the second worst PK unit in the NHL while the Habs have the 5th best power play.

GO HABS GO!

Hey guys I got this from another board but what do you think of calling the 3rd line of Perezhogin Bonk and Johnson

the PB&J line.

You know Penaut Butter and Jelly!

anything with *peanut* reminds me réjean houle... so... please noooo

^_^

anything with *peanut* reminds me réjean houle... so... please noooo

^_^

maybe you don,t like molson products either since he was their PR guy for years :lol:

anyway'S if it wasn't for canadian, I would think that all molson products sucked. :puke: