Who in the NHL would you compare yourself to?

TheBigRedC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random topic Jason. :P

Lesse...great glove...good positioning..great agility...shitty blocker side....half-decent skater....crappy puckhandler. If St.Patrick was still in the NHL, I'd go with him. Umm...I'll go with my boy, Peter Budaj. Only because I'm on the spot here and the only other goalies in my head right now are Brodeur , Giggy and Kipper.

Random topic Jason. :P

Lesse...great glove...good positioning..great agility...shitty blocker side....half-decent skater....crappy puckhandler. If St.Patrick was still in the NHL, I'd go with him. Umm...I'll go with my boy, Peter Budaj. Only because I'm on the spot here and the only other goalies in my head right now are Brodeur , Giggy and Kipper.

At least you know your no Brodeur :lol:

;)

I only play hockey in winter when we have ice (thats not so often), so i have to go with my Rollerhockey skills. And then i'm more of a Koivu kinda player. Small but aggressive, not scared of anything. And more of a playmaker, have more assist than goals. Make others play better, and i'm the most defensive guy on the line(two-way player), the only goals i make are from far, i got a good slapshot.(thats the only difference with koivu)

Ken Dryden...good goalie who ended his career early due to bad knees.

Current, Lalime, okay I was a not so good goalie. LMAO

I did have Ken's knees though, and size, although I always played butterfly like Tony Espo!

Big guy (6'4, 220), soft hands, hard shot, mean streak. Always look like I'm skating uphill. Bertuzzi-esque, I take a lot of stupid penalties once I get worked up. I'm really good on faceoffs, too.

Nets, it's a little different, I'm kind of a switch hitter. Depending on my mood, I'll catch with either hand. I haven't play goalie in years, though. I'm a much better forward.

Nets... I dont really know who I'd be most like... I had a very unusual stype. I was a buttefly goalie, but with a very tight V and no paddle down. I had very fast legs, so prefered to give space on each side and kick pucks almost behind my back, and I'd use my stick to harpoon pucks. Opponents hated me for that. I had an average glove hand, I just threw my arms in the way of pucks.

No clue who that could be in the NHL... Hasek?

Well early in hockey i would compare myself to Hasek all i would do is flop around and hope to save the puck, I rarely went down.

Then i went to a goaltending camp 4 years ago and it changed my style completely. I would now compare myself to Khabibulin or Gerber. I go down on most of my shots although im pretty big, and i angle myself alot like Habby. I have more of a foward angling. and spread and have a tiger stance like Giguere. I also make a lot of kick/ skate saves like khabibulin

Edited by Shu

In my hockey days, I was a Patrick Traverse type - I was slow, bad with the puck, unreliable defensively and was often jeered from the stands. :)

Hahaahah :lol::clap:

Patrick Traverse...... that's absolutely hilarious

I'd have to compare myself to Doug Jarvis - at 5'-8" I wasn't intimidating in any sense of the word, amazing on faceoffs, excellent penalty killer and always shadowed the best player/line on the other team. Didn't score much, but they were usually clutch goals(like Dick Duff = my favourite player.) If the coach said skate through a brick wall I didn't stop to ask questions - and made a new one on the way back if I had to? Gainey was at his peak when I was playing so I was a lot like him according to my coaches. Good but unfortunately the scouts felt I was just too small.....

Edited by beliveau1

Patrick Traverse...... that's absolutely hilarious

I'd have to compare myself to Doug Jarvis - at 5'-8" I wasn't intimidating in any sense of the word, amazing on faceoffs, excellent penalty killer and always shadowed the best player/line on the other team. Didn't score much, but they were usually clutch goals(like Dick Duff = my favourite player.) If the coach said skate through a brick wall I didn't stop to ask questions - and made a new one on the way back if I had to? Gainey was at his peak when I was playing so I was a lot like him according to my coaches. Good but unfortunately the scouts felt I was just too small.....

In a small way you could compare yourself to Gainey. He was always shadowing the best players on the other team. He didnt score much, but every team wanted him because he was an amazing defensive offensimen. He would give it his all. I guess in a small way :unsure:

In a small way you could compare yourself to Gainey. He was always shadowing the best players on the other team. He didnt score much, but every team wanted him because he was an amazing defensive offensimen. He would give it his all. I guess in a small way :unsure:

Reason I chose Jarvis over Gainey was because Gainey was a winger and bigger than I was- although my coaches did compare me to him at times?

• 2 weeks later...

I know, with my avatar, you're think Andre 'Red Light' Racciot :o , but no... I see myself as more of a Ron Tugnut kind of guy... Same height and style. At least it used to be, as I have stop goaltending (too many groin injuries *SIGH*)... Now I'll be leaning with a Francois Bouillon (small but speedy DMan) as I'll be playing D starting this weekend... Its been a while since I played it, so wish me luck!

I'm Alexandre Daigle: the guy who was too lazy to put in enough work to give himself a shot at living up to the expectations.

Hockey-wise I'm Derian Hatcher: just thinking about skating makes my feet hurt.