Alternate Jersey

Shu

Im very sorry if i offend anyone

Just dont read and im very sorry

But does anyone think Montreal should get a alternate jersey.................... Awkward silence

like i know we have the vintage one, but it would be cool to switch it up (the alternate)

the only problem is what would go on it?

again, im sorry if i offend any of you but i just like when teams have a really cool alternate

Edited by Shu

But does anyone think Montreal should get a alternate jersey.................... Awkward silence

like i know we have the vintage one, but it would be cool to switch it up (the alternate)

again, im sorry if i offend any of you but i just like when teams have a really cool alternate

Not offended at all - it's an interesting concept/topic when you apply it to such a vintage one as the habs's?

I think you can't improve on what you have already.... if you do then go way back to the roots of the club for the 100th anniversary, and give it a bit of a modern flair?

Kind of like to see them work with the 1911-12 barber pole effect - first year of the blue, red & white and the leaf representing Canada. Be a neat effect if done right. maybe not as many stipes? Widen them so it has the same effect but not as corny looking?

Although the original 1910 version is cool - just update the colour scheme a bit and you'd have something that was pretty cool......

Edited by beliveau1

I think that for the 2009 celebrations they should have an all new jersey design... not a radical change but just a few tweaks.

:hlogo:

Another Vintage one with a diffrent Logo on it...Maybe...The....yes imma say it :D....Montreal Maroons

I think that for the 2009 celebrations they should have an all new jersey design... not a radical change but just a few tweaks.

:hlogo:

i'm totally agree with that!!! but i hope that it will look good... not like that canada team *GOLD* color jersey... :puke: hehe

Montreal's white jersey needs an upgrade and their third is horrid. Sacriledge or what? ;)

thats the point, montreal doesnt have a third jersey, except for the vintage. so how is are third horrid?

I would not have a problem with Montreal having an alternate Jersey as long as it was one from the past. Say from the 20's or so.

But I am absolutley against Montreal designing any form of new Jersey to wear in an NHL game. All you need to do is talk to fans of Boston, New York, Buffalo and any of number of other teams that have alternate or redesigned jersey's and how much they hate them.

Look at the Bruins, regardless of whether you liked them or not, they had an awesome Jersey. Then they went and designed that horrible piece of shit Orange crap thing they call a jersey. Often I have had discussions with friends who are Leaf, Bruins, Sabres etc fans and they all have a common consensus.....they say Montreal's Jersey is the one jersey in the league that should never be touched. ITs a classic. Its special. Nobody is ever going to become a fan of Montreal because they have a redesigned Jesery.

You want to bring in a different jersey? Fine. Bring back the ones from the 20's with the brown pants. Bring back the ones from the 50's strings around the collars. BUt please god do not disgrace this uniform by doing something like the masacre Boston did to their uniform

I would not have a problem with Montreal having an alternate Jersey as long as it was one from the past. Say from the 20's or so.

But I am absolutley against Montreal designing any form of new Jersey to wear in an NHL game. All you need to do is talk to fans of Boston, New York, Buffalo and any of number of other teams that have alternate or redesigned jersey's and how much they hate them.

Look at the Bruins, regardless of whether you liked them or not, they had an awesome Jersey. Then they went and designed that horrible piece of shit Orange crap thing they call a jersey. Often I have had discussions with friends who are Leaf, Bruins, Sabres etc fans and they all have a common consensus.....they say Montreal's Jersey is the one jersey in the league that should never be touched. ITs a classic. Its special. Nobody is ever going to become a fan of Montreal because they have a redesigned Jesery.

You want to bring in a different jersey? Fine. Bring back the ones from the 20's with the brown pants. Bring back the ones from the 50's strings around the collars. BUt please god do not disgrace this uniform by doing something like the masacre Boston did to their uniform

well look at Chicago's awsome third jersey............

Heard today on TSN that the jerseys will be made differently next season. From what I understood, they'll be more like the ones that were used in the Olympics (or was it World Cup?). They're a much tighter fit and such.

Anyway, apparently there will be no such thing as a 3rd jersey next season. Teams will only have home and away, so all those fancy (and absolutely ugly) 3rd jerseys won't be a topic of interest come next year.

Didn't everyone, almost to a man, hate those jerseys? The new fabric and the way it was stitched together was supposed to make it more aerodynamic (why that matters, I don't know), and more breathable. But at the pre-season Olympic camps, I heard a lot of talk that they were to restrictive.

I wouldn't mind seeing a third jersey, but Montreal being a team with a lot of history, it's going to be very difficult to design one that fans will like. You saw the reactions that the Bruins Winnie-the-Pooh jersye got (thannk god they scrapped that one this year), and the Isles and Predators get a lot of "worst uniform" votes. Switching the colours around might be one way to go, like the Flyers and Hawks have done.

thats the point, montreal doesnt have a third jersey, except for the vintage. so how is are third horrid?

Whatever. Vintage. Third. Quibbling. It's still crap.

No. I'm not offended, but they have the most recognizable jerseys in the league, well, in the entire hockey world. I don't want an alternate. :hlogo: