Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Habs | 10/28/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats against the Geneva HW isn't Gitmo lol

ah yes but check article C; line 276

"... should one take the entire blame for a Habs loss, all rules are void and One may do with the individual what he wishes."

I'm surprised that Aebischer & Kaberle weren't listed as stars.

Aebischer stopped 47 of 51 shots & Kaberle gets a hat trick... what the heck else must one do?

Go :hlogo: Go!

Well, two crappy games in a row where they steal points. As much as I am glad they did, I am starting to think they need a good drumming to wake them up.

I hope Carbo keeps the 2nd line together (perez, kovy, and sammy) and I would really like to see a game where both the top lines show up.

Well, two crappy games in a row where they steal points. As much as I am glad they did, I am starting to think they need a good drumming to wake them up.

I hope Carbo keeps the 2nd line together (perez, kovy, and sammy) and I would really like to see a game where both the top lines show up.

I would like to see that on Tuesday

Well, two crappy games in a row where they steal points. As much as I am glad they did, I am starting to think they need a good drumming to wake them up

don't ask for that.

I did that last year, and then they hit their big funk

I wonder if that Russian line would work well in the long run... it certainly is a great combination of speed & talent. Perezhogin would add the physical & defensive presence for the line. He's not afraid of the traffic, the corners... the stuff that the other two don't necessarily excell at.

Let's hope that this THE COMBINATION that solves that problem of the second line.

Edited by shortcat1

don't ask for that.

I did that last year, and then they hit their big funk

LOL, you are right I guess. But I would rather a huge embarrassing loss that wakes them up then a long mediocre period where they just suck... :)

Ottawa might be ugly on Tuesday, especially with this amount of effort.

Phew wow I'm freaking surprised the Habs got a point.

Some things to take from that game - Samsonov played well, proved what he can do. Perezhogin was stellar. Aebischer was incredible, good god 51 shots by the Leafs and 30some less by Montreal, he's the only reason the team didn't lose by 11.

The defenders really did not look good tonight, not one of them. Well Souray showcased his superb shot with the goal, but still..They were all out of position consistently, time after time they were outhustled by forecheckers.

LOL, you are right I guess. But I would rather a huge embarrassing loss that wakes them up then a long mediocre period where they just suck... :)

Ottawa might be ugly on Tuesday, especially with this amount of effort.

I wanted that too. Then they lost and kept losing.

Phew wow I'm freaking surprised the Habs got a point.

Some things to take from that game - Samsonov played well, proved what he can do. Perezhogin was stellar. Aebischer was incredible, good god 51 shots by the Leafs and 30some less by Montreal, he's the only reason the team didn't lose by 11.

The defenders really did not look good tonight, not one of them. Well Souray showcased his superb shot with the goal, but still..They were all out of position consistently, time after time they were outhustled by forecheckers.

I do believe that the Canadiens only managed 25 shots in all. Could be wrong though...

Yeah I meant 30some less meaning around 21.

i wasn't arguing with you... bottom line, Toronto WAY outshot the Canadiens this game. There's no reasonable way that they should have had to go to a shoot-out.

Like I've stated before... stuff happens... to all of us...

Time for Muller to do something about the D-coaching since its not working very well atm.

atm?

I don't know if I can bank on that concept. :blink::wacko::lol::wacko::blink:

Terrible game. Lucky to come away with a point. Nice to see them come from behind, but come on, down 2-0 and 4-2 to Toronto? Thats disgusting.

And why do you go with Streit when you still have Koivu, Higgins, Perezhogin, Johnson, Plekanec and others on the bench? That doesn't make alot of sense.

Anyways, again a shitty way too lose, I hate the shootout, but I guess thats what the fans(Americans???) want? Ughhhh

I thought the shootout was great. Had me on my feet, then sitting, on my feet again, sitting to post a reply, standing again etc etc. All while my pulse was definitely around 130. I think the shootout is great. Certainly better than a tie <------- boring!

That Souray goal was awesome.. I would have like to be at the Bell Centre just to see that tying goal!

Habs played an horrible game, especially the first line. Funny thing is that the guys who played the best were the 3 russians. Bad timing for the 1st line to not show up.

The Peca hit vs Koivu really set up the tone of the game. The Habs were affraid of the Leafs all game long until late in the 3rd.

I thought the shootout was great. Had me on my feet, then sitting, on my feet again, sitting to post a reply, standing again etc etc. All while my pulse was definitely around 130. I think the shootout is great. Certainly better than a tie <------- boring!

I agree.

it provides for suspence & entertainment for the showbiz part of the sport.

as to the sport part of the sport, at least it settles the game and decides on a winner. Sort of the same as baseball & football.

the difference being that hockey demands an awful lot more energy than baseball and is played more often than football so a sudden-death 'over-time' would be killer for the NHL players in the long run of 82 games.