Coyotes agree to deal with Perreault

les_glorieux

Sources tell TSN that the Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to a one-year deal with veteran centre Yanic Perreault worth $700,000.

Perreault, believed to be fully recovered from abdominal surgery, previously turned down contract gestures from both Chicago and the New York Islanders.

The Ottawa Senators, Calgary Flames and Tampa Bay Lightning also showed interest.

Perreault scored 22 goals and dished out 35 assists in 69 games with the Nashville Predators last season.

In 740 career games he has totals of 217 goals and 247 assists.

what I don't get is...why the Coyotes for 700 000 when there was an apparent offer from Ottawa at 600 000?

Ottawa certainly has the better shot at the playoffs...

Ice time. With Ottawa, what kind of role would he be getting?

Then there's also the weather factor. B)

Mind you, I'm sure if Ottawa ends up winning the Cup, he'll be kicking himself...

Sources tell TSN that the Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to a one-year deal with veteran centre Yanic Perreault worth $700,000.

Perreault, believed to be fully recovered from abdominal surgery, previously turned down contract gestures from both Chicago and the New York Islanders.

The Ottawa Senators, Calgary Flames and Tampa Bay Lightning also showed interest.

Perreault scored 22 goals and dished out 35 assists in 69 games with the Nashville Predators last season.

In 740 career games he has totals of 217 goals and 247 assists.

Good for him. He may be on the downside of his career but, as a role player, he still has stuff to offer (faceoffs, not taking shifts off, etc.)

Go :hlogo: Go!

i still can't understand how the best face-off man in the league who can still put up 20 goals wasn't signed untill now and for less than 1million

AAARGH!

BOB GAINEY, THAT WAS OUR IDEAL NO.2 CENTRE, AND YOU JUST LET HIM WALK ON OVER TO ARIZONA OF ALL PLACES!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?!?

GET YOUR ARSE INTO GEAR, AND GET...

um...

GILMOUR!!!

Edited by TheAussiePosse

i still can't understand how the best face-off man in the league who can still put up 20 goals wasn't signed untill now and for less than 1million

He had surgery in the offseason. He couldn't play till now.

he would also would get the experience on the yotes as playing with greats such as Morrison, nagy, reinprecht intsead of allfy, heatly and spezza and alll those other goof balls,

he would also would get the experience on the yotes as playing with greats such as Morrison, nagy, reinprecht intsead of allfy, heatly and spezza and alll those other goof balls,

Exactly, I guess if I had to chose between Morris, Comrie and Reinprecht or Phanuef, Iginla and Tanguay then I'd play in Phoenix every single time.

good good... he got 2 assists at his 2nd game with phoenix...

happy for him and hope he's happy with his new team

• 2 weeks later...