Game Thread | Habs vs. Hurricanes | 11/02/06

Spider-Man NL

Ryder did not have a good game at all, despite his lack of ice time

no big deal... all players have 'bad games'

the nice thing, at the moment, is that the Canadiens have all sorts of offensive talent to make up for one player's off-game.

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

???

It may be that I went to the list of members present before you were here... I guess...???

You're getting old my good man - I was there from the start..... get them eyes checked recently? :o

I never log of this site as it is the best on the web!

Always ready to read and add a comment that way = no need to waste valuable habs's time that way!!!!!!

Oh well no big deal?

Love the score on this one - as they say, it is a dish best served cold...... :hlogo: :hockey::clap:

Ryder doesn't kill penalties either. Koivu and Higgins do. That may explain why his ice time was down.

Sure. I didn;t see the game so I can't comment on his lack of ice time. 6.5 of his 10 minutes were on the PP, 3.5 minutes at even strength.

Habs played 42 minutes at even strength or on the PP. It seems to me that that's enough time to play your #1 right winger more than 10 minutes.

Could be that Carbo isn't happy with him.

Rivet tonight...he played like he should

He was much improved tonight. :clap: A couple of nice hits, a couple of nice plays to prevent dangerous scoring chances...and from what I saw, only one boneheaded play (using his glove to sweep the puck right onto a Carolina stick). I don't think he'll keep it up, but believe me, nobody would be happier than me should he prove me wrong.

You're getting old my good man - I was there from the start..... get them eyes checked recently? :o

I never log of this site as it is the best on the web!

Always ready to read and add a comment that way = no need to waste valuable habs's time that way!!!!!!

Oh well no big deal?

Love the score on this one - as they say, it is a dish best served cold...... :hlogo: :hockey::clap:

I merely copied and pasted the names on the list so I don't know why your name isn't there.

as to my eyes, you do have a point... my glaucoma has wreaked havoc with them but I can still 'copy & paste' stuff with no problems.

I merely copied and pasted the names on the list so I don't know why your name isn't there.

as to my eyes, you do have a point... my glaucoma has wreaked havoc with them but I can still 'copy & paste' stuff with no problems.

No problems my man - just had to rib an old Habs fan that's normally one of the sharpest ones on the board?

Sure. I didn;t see the game so I can't comment on his lack of ice time. 6.5 of his 10 minutes were on the PP, 3.5 minutes at even strength.

Habs played 42 minutes at even strength or on the PP. It seems to me that that's enough time to play your #1 right winger more than 10 minutes.

It was the other way around... he played almost 7 minutes even strength.. about the same as koivu...

Because Koivu kills penalties, his line got a lot less even strength tonight, so Ryder suffered for it.

Team ruled tonight, the lineup is really clicking together now

All than we need is to see Bouillon and Dandenault coming back so we can dump Ninimaa and Streit out of the regular lineup :)

Buffalo wins in a shootout. Whoa baby what a goal by Kotalik. Entertaining game.

Will they EVER loose??? Damn in any other division the Habs would have a shot at 1st place but with the Sabres in the way...

Ryder had 15 shifts, Koivu had 20 and Higgins had 21. When you account for killing penalties, it could just be that Carbo was matching lines against the defending Cup champions. And it worked. Let's try not to jump to conclusions after a single game.

Ryder had 15 shifts, Koivu had 20 and Higgins had 21. When you account for killing penalties, it could just be that Carbo was matching lines against the defending Cup champions. And it worked. Let's try not to jump to conclusions after a single game.

I would never dream of jumping to conclusions after a single game - especially one I didn't even see. But I have seen several preceeding this game, and Ryder has looked very average. Slow, easy to knock off the puck, and quick to turn it over.

I would never dream of jumping to conclusions after a single game - especially one I didn't even see. But I have seen several preceeding this game, and Ryder has looked very average. Slow, easy to knock off the puck, and quick to turn it over.

Ryder has not look stunning, but then Higgins is stealing the limelight on that line.

Team ruled tonight, the lineup is really clicking together now

All than we need is to see Bouillon and Dandenault coming back so we can dump Ninimaa and Streit out of the regular lineup :)

dump streit?

the man's doing very well! he's adapting well to the north american game. he's contributing positively.

tonight, he's got the best +/- at +2 (tied only with Bégin) and, for the season, so far, he's got a +/- of 0... I don't know if that includes tonight's stats... it doesn't seem to.

Great game!

Attaboy Rivet! Great solid effort.

Props to Higgins : no point this game, but a solid presence as always.

Props to Bégin, Latendresse : solid again.

Props to everyone but Niinimaa, who was blah tonight.

o/~ I feel good ~ I knew that i would now o/~

streit just had a hard night tonight comon give him a break...he's played great as of yet....

amen... he's proving himself to be a very reliable defender... something in the mold of (though maybe not as good as) Brian Rafalski.

"Moments later, Koivu took a pass from SERGEI MARKOV near center ice, made a nifty move on Whitney and maneuvered into the slot, then beat Ward with a wrist shot for a power-play goal at 12:29."

Sergei markov? TSN.CA has got to have monkeys working for them!

Okay, I'm being too harsh by saying "dump him" but do you honestly think he's better than Dandenault or Bouillon? I personally dont think he is.

Okay, I'm being too harsh by saying "dump him" but do you honestly think he's better than Dandenault or Bouillon? I personally dont think he is.

sergei markov... a new russian player in the league... :blink:

as to being better than dandenault or bouillon, I don't know. he doesn't bring bouillon's intense play or dandenault's experience but he sure does have his own gifts.

in any case, though it's not worth anything in the large scheme of things, I'm glad he's doing so much better this year. He may even continue to progress which would be king of neat for us.

you havent seen boullion play yet...anything could happen....as much as i like the guy...we dont even know when he is coming back on the ice...as he even skated yet?

ohhh yeah and on the subgect i think that Dandy injury is more then we think...they were speaking about it on the team 990 today...

Great game!

Attaboy Rivet! Great solid effort.

Props to Higgins : no point this game, but a solid presence as always.

Props to Bégin, Latendresse : solid again.

Props to everyone but Niinimaa, who was blah tonight.

o/~ I feel good ~ I knew that i would now o/~

you guys see who pleks nailed prior to stealing the puck and scoring the goal?

how do those boards taste mr. williams? beeeyatch.