Game Thread | Montreal vs. Maple Leafs | 11/11/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a deep breath before clicking on the Add Reply button next time.

and 'count' to 10 s --- l --- o --- w --- l --- y too.............., for that matter...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

Aebischer is a piece of shit.........put HUET in.....guy doesn't make any big saves in this game......

If in the third, Huet plays half as well as Aebischer I'll be impressed. He's robbed many Leafs tonight. Could/Should be 5 or 6 to 1 by now.

Period over - shots: 31/14 for the Leafs

Its the ######in refs ruining the game again.

Who are the pigs reffing todays game? Names please

And those leafs could it get any more fluky then that? Buncha disgusting fatasses.

I don't think you can blame the refs, the Habs have taken several stupid penalties, come on, 2 delay of games!!

Edited by marcR

Despite the fact that the last thing this forum needs is another bitching poster... here I go:

Certainly not Abby's fault. Brain cramps (Markov and Souray) and slow-footed defensemen (Ninnimaa and Rivet) are not helping. Higgins is missed.

Kovalev, on the other hand.... Based on the way Kovalev has played this year, I wouldn't miss him at all.

What is that bothers us most? That the Habs come out and lay an egg when playing the Leafs. It's pathetic. No emotion.

And tomorrow I get to hear from my stupid, old, senile boss about how the Leafs beat the Habs. "Huh.... Leafs won last night, eh? And they beat your Habs... Huh...."

Anyway... brace yourself for another 3rd period desperate cardiac affair...

Our team is a hell of a pain to watch during the first 2 periods, but during the final frame we must be the most exciting team to watch. :D Unfortunately,

1) it's often too little too late

and 2) it's not good for Colin's heart - the adrenaline rush is too much for his old, frail body to take

I can understand people not appreciating my harsh reaction but to say that Aebischer has been good is ludicrous.....the goal before the last one was five hole from the point....with no screen...NOT SOFT????

By far his worst performance of the year......

That goal was definitely a soft one. But it doesn't mean he made no big saves tonight. He did.

Id rather break mr overrated Mccabes legs now that the game is over. Would be fun to see :D

No! I have him in my hockey pool!

Yeah the reffing sucks. but the habs have been badly outplayed twice now by the leafs...

You can't blame the refs for the lack of effort by the habs tonight. You can't blame the refs for the Defense tossing it out of the rink. You can't blame the refs for the habs loosing every battle for the puck...

As dissapointed as I am with the Habs, I also have to give props to the Leafs. Everyone wrote them off before the season even started, and now, even without Sundin, they are playing great hockey. Their young guys are stepping up. The goaltending has been solid. Their coaching has been excellent.

Damn, I hate saying that, but if they keep it up, they will make the playoffs.

Interstingly, I hadn't read the post above this one...

I wonder if it's possible to turn things around and, instead of dissing the Canadiens players (or the refs or whatever), simply say that the Leafs are simply outplaying the Canadiens.

This seems to happen almost every time those two teams play each other. The Leafs may struggle against other teams but, when the Canadiens are at the other end of the ice, they step up the pace and push, push, push, push. To make things worse, the Leafs AREN'T struggling at this moment. They're cleaning up everywhere. This is not the Leafs team that was forecasted by most of the 'professional' analysts.

It doesn't bother me all that much, really. The only situation that bothers me is a Canadiens/Devils confrontation. In this case, it's almost invariably a Devils victory. Might as well stay home and mail in the two points. :puke:

Edited by shortcat1

It doesn't bother me all that much, really. The only situation that bothers me is a Canadiens/Devils confrontation. In this case, it's almost invariably a Devils victory. Might as well stay home and mail in the two points. :puke:

:puke:

I thought the Leafs WERE the devils.

;)

:puke:

I thought the Leafs WERE the devils.

;)

to some of us they certainly are.