This season: 53 goals

Goals Against:

Last season: 43 goals

This season: 47 goals

Goals differencial

Last season: + 8

This season: + 6

Thoughts?

We all know that the Habs came out of the gate strong last year... but it quickly fizzled as injuries to key players and weak goaltending took its toll. This year's pace is more sustainable (I think... I hope) because we have somewhat more depth up front, and two solid goaltenders.

Injuries will always happen, but we should be able to avoid the collapse that we saw last November/December when they do.

Thoughts:

They had an excellent start last year.

They are having a really good one this year.

Glad Theodore isn't here anymore. Cause he screwed us over pretty badly with some shoddy starts.

Also, last year we didn't dominate any games. We were flying by the seats of our pants. THis year we are doing a much better job.

Also, last year we didn't dominate any games. We were flying by the seats of our pants. THis year we are doing a much better job.

Unfortunately, we haven't "Dominated" that many games this year either. I hate to say it, but how many of our wins have been in shootouts/ last second????

I feel better about the team and feel they are stronger and more consistent even with injuries than we were last year, but we need to start putting together 60 minutes of SOLID play, the whole game through.

Interesting stats for sure. But as Mont Royale pointed out the Habs had a terrible end of November and December. That is where the Canadiens can make a difference this year.

Theodore really fell apart in those two months.

Interesting stats for sure. But as Mont Royale pointed out the Habs had a terrible end of November and December. That is where the Canadiens can make a difference this year.

Theodore really fell apart in those two months.

We also lost Markov and Kovalev during that stretch in November last year as well. As far as comparing the first 16 games of each season, I'm pretty surprised they are as consistent. Especially given the amount of penalties the Habs have taken so far thus year. Hmm, eerie that Kovalev's knee seems to be bothering him at the same point in the season...

Delighted. I'm still smarting from last Saturday but that's the only complaint.

We all know full well that this team historically sputters out of the gate. Every point in the early going is excellent. This team has a tendency to have a rotton December and especially January.

If we can continue our point production and have a stable .55 or .6 December and January, we are going to be laughing. :clap:

The biggest difference from last year is that we have a unity in the team that creates rebounds from losses.

We did not lose two in a row yet, it will happen but we have leaders, two solid goaltenders and we played well even if we had some injuries to key defensemen and our scoring leader.

Do much for addition by subtraction...

We are not yet a better team. We hopefully have more consistent goaltending, but many of our basic problems remain. Primarily, a true top 2 center who scores 1.25 points per game. That was suppose to be Kovalev, but so far, he is a point a game guy, much like Koivu.

Our 5 -5 offense really leaves a lot to be desired.

I really wouldn't call it unity. It has more to do with carbo balsting them and giving them less time off, hard practices, things like that after they playing poorly.

NHL.com - Northeast: Canadiens discover a winning formula

Souray doesn't agree

Thoughts, hmmm.....its 8:01 in the morning and my page is still blank

Hehe, this is habsworld.net, if you want a proper response to that you should post on the montalk.net forums ;)

All in all, congrats :clap:

Now on to other matters,

GO HABS GO! :hlogo: