Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

well I'm officially broke.

Spent my 3 best buy gift cards on a game for my sis (viva pinata)

then spent 60 dollars in cash for Call of Duty 3 (can't pass up playing a Canadian)

then I used the last remaining dollars in my debt card for a wireless controller.

I've got a 360 (premium)

2 wireless controllers

1 regular controller

Call of Duty 3

Gears of War

Amped 3

Vina Pinata

NBA 2K7

a wireless battery port charger thingy (no more batteries)

crazy

No difference between the core and premium consoles.

Similar set-up to what I've got too.

1 Wireless Controller

1 Wired Controller

Smackdown Vs Raw 2007

Gears of War

Rainbow Six: Vegas

Dead Rising

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

F.E.A.R

Perfect Dark Zero

NHL 07

Xbox Live (12 months)

Xbox Live Vision (camera)

Xbox Live Headset

360 Quick Charge kit (Pierre's charging port thingy :lol: )

After a week of being online, the 360 experience isn't complete until you're online. The Vision Starter Kit is definitely the way to go, you save a good 60-70 bucks just by getting it. Gotta check the funds right now but I'm hoping to pre-order Lost Planet soon. Downloaded the E3 demo on Christmas Eve and the game is absolutely insane.

Speaking of Best Buy, their canadian website say they are gonna have a Wii shipment on Dec 29

Damn, I hope thats for accesories too. The Futureshop near me isn't getting any classic controllers in until the 17th (atleast thats what my dad told me on Christmas morning).

The medical game is known as Trauma Center (ala the second best launch title). I own it and love it. :D

As for me, I've always liked all brands but have stayed a Nintendo loyalist. I've had just about every console out there though, I always forget the earlier ones I had. The rundown...

Commodore 64

Turbo-Grafx 16

NES

SNES

Sega Genesis

Sega Game Gear

Game Boy (the regular black and white, bulky one)

Nintendo 64

PS1 (My cousin got tired of it and gave it me so he could just focus on his 64. I ended up doing the same)

Gamecube

Playstation 2

Xbox

Game Boy Color

Game Boy Pocket

Game Boy Advance

Nintendo DS

Xbox 360

Nintendo Wii

And around a year from now, I'll have a PS3. So yeah, I've pretty much wasted my life away playing video games. I guess it helps I had parents that couldn't say no either. :P

I had/have

Original gameboy ( grey one, got stolen:( )

GBA

GBA SP

GBC

GBP

n64

dreamcast

snes

nes

gamecube

ps2

PSP

DS

Wii

for a 17 yr old no job not to shabby ;)

I did a comparaison for fun, how much you end up spending on each console after you get extra controllers , 3 brand new games and a few retro games. I picked the 3 games for each console that interest me the most. Prices are in canadian dolar and I used the Québec sale tax rate (13.95%)

Wii

Console 279.99

Zelda 54.99

Trauma Center 49.99

Metal Slug anthology 39.99

4,000 Wii points 49.98

Wiimote 44.99

Nunchuk 24.99

Classic Controller 24.99

Total 569.91 pre-tax / 649.41 w/tax

PS3

Console 659.99

Resistance : fall of man 69.99

NHL 2k7 69.99

Full Auto 2 64.99

4 PS1 titles 19.96 * ( 4K Wii points allow you to buy 4 N64 titles, so I figured 4 PS1 titles would be equivalent. retro gaming is the only place where Sony is cheaper)

SIXAXIS controller 59.99

Total 944.91 pre-tax / 1,076.72 w/tax

XBOX 360

Console 499.99

Elver Scroll IV Oblivion 69.99

NHL 07 59.99

St Rows 64.99

Wireless Controller 54.99

3,200 Microsoft points 49.60 (same reasoning, using Doom 800 points price tag as the comparaison point)

Total 799.55 pre-tax / 911.09 w/tax

NHL 07 isn't coming out for it, EA doesn't release their NHL games when a new console comes out. 06 wasn't out for the 360 launch either, they want some time to refine the game. It paid off for the 360 so I'm sure it will for the Wii and PS3 too.

And I went to EB 4 hours early to pre-order (technicamping) but they didn't have enough for everyone. I think like 2 or 3 people in front of me got the last Wii pre-order. Gaming stores are horrible to get new consoles at.

And why would you get it the day after it came out if you pre-ordered it? Wouldn't you be there right as the store opens? Besides, the camping out was one of the best and most fun things I've ever done. I don't regret it for a second.

Yeah, the console was nowhere near ready for launch. I've heard about lots of overheating problems and whatnot. At this point, it's looking like a worse launch then the 360 one. Me and my friend were just talking about, we were wondering why Sony had to get it out because Nintendo was releasing theirs. With the already massive fanbase the PS2 had, Sony could've launched the PS3 whenever the hell they wanted and still sold out everywhere.

Sony just has not looked good in the past year. Really dropped the ball on a lot of things. Kinda sucks.

You must not remember the days of 64 cartridges, those things were even more. I bought Spiderman and Harvest Moon for 100 bucks each. I'll never complain about the current prices when I was paying 80-100 bucks as a 12 year old. :puke:

reason why i waited till next day...needed to argue with my mother to gimme the cash to buy it :D

Thanks, and dont feel bad.. if I manage to get my hands on a Wii Friday, my paycheque will get blown away in a matter of minutes :lol::wacko:

Tough I think i'll get only Zelda and Trauma center to start (and the 2nd one only because I'm afraid is going to get rare soon) w/o any extra wiimote or Wii points for now if I do get my hands on the Wii

Thanks, and dont feel bad.. if I manage to get my hands on a Wii Friday, my paycheque will get blown away in a matter of minutes :lol::wacko:

Tough I think i'll get only Zelda and Trauma center to start (and the 2nd one only because I'm afraid is going to get rare soon) w/o any extra wiimote or Wii points for now if I do get my hands on the Wii

You should be set for a month (although if you ever get bored in between games, get Elebits. I got it for Christmas and it's a bloody riot). Good thinking with TC too. You can guarantee anything made by Atlus will be rare in months. It's a shame too because Atlus makes such good games. I never could find Lordly Caliber for the 64 and it was one of the best 64 titles IMO. I'm hoping they eventually release it on the VC.

Yess its gonna be -10 outside this night.. hopefully this will slow down the campers :lol:

Partial sucess..

Still no Wii.. but at least I got a Wiimote (the last one!) and a classic controller.

I recently got an Xbox 360 Premium, Live for 3 months, G.R.A.W for 399 and I later picked up NHL 07 for 39.99. Also have 1 wired and 1 wireless controller.

Oh btw, there is a difference between premium and core, the 20GB HD.

I recently got an Xbox 360 Premium, Live for 3 months, G.R.A.W for 399 and I later picked up NHL 07 for 39.99. Also have 1 wired and 1 wireless controller.

Oh btw, there is a difference between premium and core, the 20GB HD.

No there isn't, thats seperate. I'm talking about in the actual console, not the other crap that comes in the box. If you want to go that route, theres more then just the HD thats a difference.

Well ok - I don't know but with mine the hard drive came within the console but yeah you can always get one

don't understand why you're seemingly getting pissed about that

Whos getting pissed?

The HD may of come attached already in the premium but its not part of the console.

i'm pissed, I waited 2 hours before the stores opened and still no Wii, this is getting ridiculous :angry::angry: I woke up ultra early to be able to do my work as usual then go wait

They had 2 frikkin Wii for the whole store and they deicded who could buy by a draw.. no luck for me

And passing by Best Buy, I saw a sign saying

Wii : 0

60GB PS3 : 23

i'm pissed, I waited 2 hours before the stores opened and still no Wii, this is getting ridiculous :angry::angry: I woke up ultra early to be able to do my work as usual then go wait

They had 2 frikkin Wii for the whole store and they deicded who could buy by a draw.. no luck for me

And passing by Best Buy, I saw a sign saying

Wii : 0

60GB PS3 : 23

That smells fishy because the Wiis come in 3 to a box. I smell hoarding!

It is getting stupid though, this time last year was about when you could just go to the store and pick up a 360. Speaking of which, I saw a LOT being sold on Boxing Day. Everyones starting to put themselves in their positions for the generation.

My replacement Wii-mote straps arrived yesterday.

*dances*

Oh and I finally bought Okami yesterday.

*dances some more*

Oh, and my friend managed to get a PS3 off of Futureshop's website last week and he was bragging about it in EB yesterday. Thats when the owner of the store told him she had 4 in the back.

:lol:

My replacement Wii-mote straps arrived yesterday.

*dances*

Oh and I finally bought Okami yesterday.

*dances some more*

Oh, and my friend managed to get a PS3 off of Futureshop's website last week and he was bragging about it in EB yesterday. Thats when the owner of the store told him she had 4 in the back.

:lol:

I'd have to take out a second mortgage.

Damn its too ***ing crazy, Any Wiis that hit the store get sold within 5 minutes, and i'm never in the good store during that 5 minute :(

Maybe I should buy a DS with the new mario instead

Damn its too ***ing crazy, Any Wiis that hit the store get sold within 5 minutes, and i'm never in the good store during that 5 minute :(

Maybe I should buy a DS with the new mario instead

Yeah, its two months later and people are still having to camp for Wii's. It's pretty easy to find a PS3 now.

Yummy gaming goodness right now at my house. We've got the Wii, 360 and PS3 side by side, I'll get some pics up later. :D

I think I'm just gonna ask for a PS3 and Lair for my 20th birthday. >_>