Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Wii points cards are actually the only Wii accesories I ever see in stores. I never saw a single wiimote or other Wii controller avaible but I did saw a few Wii points card.

Anyway I'm so sure than I wont get a Wii before 07 than I deposed my Wii money in my bank account :lol:

After a week of not getting my refund, I called the place back to ask about it. I gave them my order number and after a couple minutes of "checking," the guy came back and said it was already entered and was being processed. I check the website and low and behold, a refund message is finally showing up under my order.

Might as well sell the system. I hear Fanpuck and a few others are looking. :P

Psh, I'm a Wii-tard. Camped 20 hours for the thing, diehard Nintendo fan, I've got Red Steel and Trauma Center to beat before Christmas so then I can try and beat Elebits and DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2.

I think I'll keep it. :D

After a week of not getting my refund, I called the place back to ask about it. I gave them my order number and after a couple minutes of "checking," the guy came back and said it was already entered and was being processed. I check the website and low and behold, a refund message is finally showing up under my order.

Gotta love how that "mysteriously" works, don't ya?

Nintendo is recalling 3.2 million Wii-remote straps. What they should do is slap the people in the face who let go of the controller when they are bowling an such, lol.

No kidding, lol. They've already made Wiimote's with thicker straps, people have been getting them shipped to them for free when theirs breaks. Seems like they were anticipating this.

This is bad, morons who dont know how to use a frikkin remote will screw up Nintendo's image :(

This is bad, morons who dont know how to use a frikkin remote will screw up Nintendo's image :(

Haha, not really. People who've played it just assume they're morons and move on. Like that woman from Milwaukee I mentioned before. How do you tear cartilage playing Wii Tennis? You don't even have to stand to play it! Penny Arcade's latest comic was good concerning this....

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/15

:lol: I love Penny Arcade.

EDIT: Forgot this one too. http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/29

I'm not camping out, won't buy one until late January.

i can't understand (in my heart, that is...) the idea of camping out for a game machine...

i guess it's just not my priority, i suppose but, on top of that, i don't see much being worth camping out for...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Called the stote before it closed and there are lots of people already lined up. The system has been out for a month and every time a store gets them, people are lined up for 12+ hours. People are nuts. I really want one of these things, but not enough to sit in a lawn chair for more than 4 hours.

Amazon is currently letting people sign up to be randomly selected for a 20 or 60 GB PS3 or a Wii. Current wii odds are 11 to 1. I think I signed up twice, I hope I didn't lose my eligibility because of it. Wanted to click on the Wii to go to the page about the Wii, but hit the signup button again.

You've gotta be aggressive and vicious in the first 3 months of a console launch if you really want one.

and somewhat rich or have a large credit card limit

GO :hlogo: GO!

Just ordered the newer Wii straps off of Nintendo's website. All you need to give is your Wii's serial number and they'll ship up to four for you. I don't actually need them but hell, better safe then sorry. For all I know one of my lame younger cousins will whip it around or something.

Maybe if you want something from Sony I guess...

lol Because the price of a Wii is so cheap. When you get older and have a mortgage and bills and car payments and a baby on the way, then we'll talk about how far the money for a Wii can go. ;) When I was 20, I was buying a surround stereo and TV and Sega system.

And I still stand firm with the following: wait a year, watch the price plummet, then go out and get the system along with all the games (used) that you want for significantly less money. Or, better yet, buy games for your computer, which will be better 98% of the time anyhow.

lol Because the price of a Wii is so cheap. When you get older and have a mortgage and bills and car payments and a baby on the way, then we'll talk about how far the money for a Wii can go. ;) When I was 20, I was buying a surround stereo and TV and Sega system.

And I still stand firm with the following: wait a year, watch the price plummet, then go out and get the system along with all the games (used) that you want for significantly less money. Or, better yet, buy games for your computer, which will be better 98% of the time anyhow.

For the technology? Yeah, it is. It's disgustingly cheap. $250 for a video game console is nothing.

As for the second point, we're not talking about the 360 or PS3 here. And the 360 hasn't had a price drop yet anyway. It will be 3-5 years before the PS3 or 360 are at what the Wii is at right now, the Wii won't see a price drop in a year. If you follow the market, it's a no-brainer. What are they going to drop it to? 200 bucks? The Cube is 100 right now and Nintendo won't drop it to the same as their last gen console. So in Nintendo's case, waiting for a price drop is pointless because it ain't happening. And whats the point? It's 250 at launch, you're never gonna get a deal like that. Doesn't matter to me how far the money for a Wii can go when I'm older because I'm not (and even then, no matter what my financial standing is, I'd still buy one. I shouldn't of gotten it now and I still did. Same for 360. When you're a gaming nerd, you're a gaming nerd)

The PC comment is highly debatable because the PC age is fading fast. Blizzard is the only PC gaming company that is making money off of PC games. All the other mega PC hits (also known as games worth playing) are being ported to consoles because they know the money is in the console genre. No one plays PC games anymore just look at the past year. We've seen Baldur's Gate, Age of Empires, F.E.A.R, Call of Duty, Doom, Battlefield, Half-Life, Elder Scrolls, Starcraft, and The Sims all making the transition to consoles, all gaining reviews that say the games are better/equal to their PC counterparts. All the major PC games at this point are ports of console games. You've got Neverwinter Nights, Elder Scrolls III and IV, Final Fantasy XI, Rainbow Six Vegas with Jade Empire making an appearence next month. The PC at this point is good for one thing and thats World of Warcraft.

For the technology? Yeah, it is. It's disgustingly cheap. $250 for a video game console is nothing.

As for the second point, we're not talking about the 360 or PS3 here. And the 360 hasn't had a price drop yet anyway. It will be 3-5 years before the PS3 or 360 are at what the Wii is at right now, the Wii won't see a price drop in a year. If you follow the market, it's a no-brainer. What are they going to drop it to? 200 bucks? The Cube is 100 right now and Nintendo won't drop it to the same as their last gen console. So in Nintendo's case, waiting for a price drop is pointless because it ain't happening. And whats the point? It's 250 at launch, you're never gonna get a deal like that. Doesn't matter to me how far the money for a Wii can go when I'm older because I'm not (and even then, no matter what my financial standing is, I'd still buy one. I shouldn't of gotten it now and I still did. Same for 360. When you're a gaming nerd, you're a gaming nerd)

The PC comment is highly debatable because the PC age is fading fast. Blizzard is the only PC gaming company that is making money off of PC games. All the other mega PC hits (also known as games worth playing) are being ported to consoles because they know the money is in the console genre. No one plays PC games anymore just look at the past year. We've seen F.E.A.R, Call of Duty, Doom, Battlefield, Half-Life, Elder Scrolls, Starcraft, and The Sims all making the transition to consoles, all gaining reviews that say the games are better/equal to their PC counterparts. All the major PC games at this point are ports of console games. You've got Neverwinter Nights, Elder Scrolls III and IV, Final Fantasy XI, Rainbow Six Vegas with Jade Empire making an appearence next month. The PC at this point is good for one thing and thats World of Warcraft.

MAN it took you a long time to answer. I purposely tried to press your buttons seeing that you were online! lol

The gaming industry, like most others, is cyclical. It'll come back hard to the PC soon enough. Plus, why buy a console for gaming when you've paid a bundle for a computer? If the game is available for the puter, I say just buy the game. *shrugs*

My type of game is more on the PS3 and the 360 mind you, and there's no way in high hell I'm paying that much for a *snicker* game console. The Wii looks interesting, but for the limited types of games coming out on it (campy - and I'm not a fan of campy) I won't even bother doing real research. Where's the Half Life type game on the Wii? Sadness.

Oh, so you're a graphics whore then? Totally understandable now. And you can't even base software on a console a month into the games development, it's unfair for anything. And price is still in the console's advantage (even Sony). Top of line producer's of gaming PC's Alienware charge around $1200 for a good Notebook. A half-assed one at a Laptop Depot will run around $700, still $100 more then the PS3. Plus all the real money-making titles are on the consoles. You've got your Final Fantasy, Halo and Zelda as the big three of gaming.

yeah Pierre, Sony loses money on every console they make and they're not even selling as quickly as the Wii is.