Columbus hires Hitchcock

Athlétique.Canadien

Interesting. Hitchcock must have nailed his interview. Until today, there was no sign that he had even talked to Columbus, aside from the rumor about the Jackets getting permission to talk to him last week. Now all of a sudden he is a finalist?

It will take a miracle to turn this team around this season. They are stuck in a losing mentality.

I like the idea of keeping good minds in the Habs' vault and not letting other teams utilize them. :D The more the better in the Canadiens brain trust is my motto. Murray isn't an earth mover but he is highly experienced nevertheless. :hlogo:

C'mon MacLean - Go Hitch :clap:

Hitch in Columbus is better than in Ottawa

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

If Doug Maclean was smart, which is a debatable point all on its own, he would hire Mike Keenan as the Blue Jackets head coach. While Keenan has a reputation as a tough coach that eventually alienates many of his players, he also deserves most of the credit for developing young players to reach their star potential: Joe Thornton and Olli Jokinen are only a couple of recent examples I can mention that finally thrived under Keenan's tutelage.

TSN LINK

Andy Murray is presently working for Montreal. I hope Hitch gets the Columbus call.

If they are bright, they will give it to Murray.

Both are "West" coaches, but Hitch was in a "trap" system, while Murray coached the offensive Kings if I'm not mistaken... So CBS, with Zherdev and co need such an offensive coach. Hitchcock is a dinausaur in the "new nhl"

If Doug Maclean was smart, which is a debatable point all on its own, he would hire Mike Keenan as the Blue Jackets head coach. While Keenan has a reputation as a tough coach that eventually alienates many of his players, he also deserves most of the credit for developing young players to reach their star potential: Joe Thornton and Olli Jokinen are only a couple of recent examples I can mention that finally thrived under Keenan's tutelage.

It's been quite a while since Mike Keenan had any success. In the last 10 years, he's failed with the Canucks, Bruins, and Panthers. None of those teams even made the playoffs while he was there.

Murray is scary. I don't know if anyone has ever seen that footage of him in the locker room before a game giving his team and prep talk and he was scary. His tone was too crazy to describe, like a pissed off tone but in a calm way.

From what I remember, Murray was an important adviser to the LA scouting system.

IMO Doug MacLean's a very smart guy and a great GM. Personally, I would go with Murray.

I gotta say I think MacLean's overrated. He's been trying the same recipe for years in Columbus - bringing in veteran players through free agency and trade, coupled with instability at the head coaching position (3 since 2000) that result in nothing. Each year it's a new set - once it was Todd Marchant and Darryl Sydor, then Adam Foote and Sergei Fedorov, then Fredrik Modin and Anson Carter.

Contrast to fellow expansion club Minnesota which hasn't really splurged on vets (aside from Demitra, Parrish and Johnsson this year) and still has actually made the playoffs. They've kept the same coach since the expansion - Jacques Lemaire. Likewise, the Predators have kept the same coach and have built a good foundation. Only recently have they splurged on veteran players such as Jason Arnott and Paul Kariya.

That's because Lemaire and Trotz are good coaches. They have a system and their players play that system. Those coaches give their teams an identity. When teams play them, they know what they'll be getting. Columbus has no apparent system and no identity. Opponents have no idea what to expect on a given night. They change lines every game, often during games. They have no identity. That is the coach's fault. Every analyst I've read and heard agrees with me that Columbus has enough talent to win.

According to TSN, Hitch has a three year deal in Columbus.

You beat me to it. And, it is Habs related because Murray stays :clap:

Yeah, I know. Murray doesn't do jack squat for us but like I said earlier, "keep 'em if you can".

We last Andre to Pittsburgh so we can use all the help we can get. BOb knows. Toronto has Button hanging around. Gotta keep up with the Jones'.

I like the idea of Montreal more with Murray than without :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Well, I hope that he does well.

GO :hlogo: GO!

What? :rolleyes:

I think he said "dude".

GO :hlogo: GO!