Game Thread | Montreal vs. Buffalo | 12/19/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, we're all really excited and we have no idea hot tough and rough this game could/should be. IM humble O, we have to win this one deep in the offensive zone...

All year long, I've waited for someone to jump all over Buffalo a la Flyers of the 70's. :angry: Not a brawl, but a heavy hitting game that puts them on their heels. We have enough weight, speed and end to end ability that I think we can clean a few clocks.

I'd never want to see an intentional injury, but guys like Briere and Afinogenov float around with little price to pay. If the north-south pass is freely made to these guys, over and over they will eventually kill ya'. So the best defense would be (a strong offensive zone charge) to make it hurt to dig out the puck in the Buffalo d-zone or to even prepare to make the break-out pass. Put up the wall.

I know the new (now fast and hook-free) NHL is much tidier, but no one has stopped good hard clean checking. Mr. Cherry would be proud. Make every puck handling situation a 'run for your life' event. Fear of a relentless huge body-check would instantly change :unsure: Buffalo's game. "Mr. Bonk and fellow linemates, meet Mr. Briere and Co. Now Mr. Bonk everything in the arena tonight wearing bull horns should be put in it's place, on it's hide, understood?" We've got to make it dangerous to skate the open ice. It's hard to 'send away' an offense if the puck never gets there. A few crushing blows while digging out the puck in the O-zone will put the BS offense out to pasture. Don't let :hlogo: them forget :hlogo: that you're always :hlogo: there and :hlogo: ready to put :hlogo: them through :hlogo: the boards. Get my point? :wacko:

The way Max L. has been grinding in the offensive zone to dig out pucks has worked, and if a few vets follow this rookie's lead, Buffalo will never be the same again...kidding... Again in my opinion, we can do this... we just have to do it for 60 minutes, not the last 40.

Enjoy the game... :clap: GHG!GHG!GHG!

J

Edited by jtvoxboi

Don't let :hlogo: them forget :hlogo: that you're always :hlogo: there and :hlogo: ready to put :hlogo: them through :hlogo: the boards. Get my point? :wacko:

Reggie Dunlop: It's their rink, it's their ice, and it's their in' town. But tonight we got our fans with us!

[other players cheer]

Reggie Dunlop: . They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there. Get that in' stick in their side. Let 'em know you're there! Get that lumber in his teeth. Let 'em know you're there!

Ned Braden: Bleed all over 'em. Let 'em know you're there.

thank you kind sir.

is there any way i would be able to get a hold of it?

Try Limewire.

Canadiens_De_Montreal_-_HABS GOAL SONG CLEAR

Enjoy!

:hlogo: icon12.gif :hlogo:

I've submitted a preview for tonight's game. It's up on the front page. As usual, I welcome any comments or criticisms via the Feedback option on the page.

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1274

Edited by habscout