Habs just picked up someone off waivers

Habsterr

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

odd claim here from the Habs. Can't imagine that he'd be any better than Halak or Aebi but maybe this is a sign that there's going to be a trade today.

Could see Gainey moving Aebi and then go out and acquire another goalie. We coudl then run with that new goalie and leighton and send Halak back to the Dogs.

I think he will be sent to hamilton, unless they are going to trade Abby and use him and Halak.

that coundlt be good lol

i know abby sucked last night..but comon...things arent looking great, goalie wise

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

I really hope that gainey doesn't expect leighton to be a saviour. if so, he might as well trade souray and markov right away.

Leighton will be Aebischer's emergency backup until Huet returns and Halak will go back to the Bulldogs.

I hope Huet is ready to come back this week then. :D

They can't send him to Hamilton unless he clears waivers again if i'm not mistaken ( which is how the habs got him anyways ) ... so he's with the big club unless they want to possibly lose him.

Well if they lose him it does not hurt.

I'm curious about this move simply because, Leighton is a decent young back up. But Halak has been a million times better than Aebischer so who is the odd man out??

Personally I would much rather Halak and Leighton than Aebischer and Leighton but I can't see BG agreeing with that. Maybe he plans on carrying all three once the roster limit expands.

I think he will be sent to hamilton, unless they are going to trade Abby and use him and Halak.

I dont' belive they can send him to Hamilton becuase he hasn't cleared waivers. The Flyers were trying to get him to the AHL today but weren't able to get him through what's to say that the Habs would be able to do that only a day later.

Leighton did really well in his first 2 games with the Flyers, stopping their longest (i think longest) losing streak in their history. Now they got Biron, they don't need Leighton. They still have Niitimaki

Leighton! Yes, I like this one. Not kidding! I saw him play earlier this year in Nashville and he's a good goalie. Really, not kidding. This is a good pick up!!

Oh, and by the way, I was so wrong about Biron ; Sabres have traded him FOR A 1ST ROUND PICK TOO!!!!!

BOB WTF ?????????? :huh::huh:

do you really expected buffalo to trade biron in montreal ??

come on, let's say mtl were to meet buf in the playoffs, wouldn't biron being so pumped that we'd crash them ?? I don't think that the sabres wanted to take such a risk