bertuzzi on the loose

habs rule

In spite of all his troubles, he's a big body with offensive potential. No way you sign him for 4 mill but do you look at 2 mill per year with bonuses. he is one tough customer and we could use some guys to go to the corners and protect some of our finesse players OK without breaking anybody's neck. I would rather him than 1/2 dozen guys on the team I can think of. what do you guys think? and yes I know I will get flamed but what the hell it's all in fun right? :hlogo:

He would certainly address a size issue up front, but that is all. I'd rather see Lats get the minutes. I don't think I'm alone thinking that TO will pick him up. Maybe TB.

Here's what I see, his value in the league has dropped a long way. When he played with Naslund 5'11 and 195 they both had career years (multiple) He now is apparently a pos and naslund has not returned to the form he had before big bert left van. Could koivu benefit from have a big right winger who can score goals and crash the net? It is a thought but I don't think anyone will be paying him the bucks that the ducks did so could we get him cheap enough to make him a project? He was certainly a force on the ice before he jumped on steve.

Here's what I see, his value in the league has dropped a long way. When he played with Naslund 5'11 and 195 they both had career years (multiple) He now is apparently a pos and naslund has not returned to the form he had before big bert left van. Could koivu benefit from have a big right winger who can score goals and crash the net? It is a thought but I don't think anyone will be paying him the bucks that the ducks did so could we get him cheap enough to make him a project? He was certainly a force on the ice before he jumped on steve.

Morrison was the unsung hero of that line. Bertuzzi went to the front of the net, Naslund was the finisher, but Morrison made it all click. Think Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns. I'm excited to see where Morrison and Bertuzzi go in free agnecy. if they end up in the same place with a strong finisher/around-the-net guy, there could be another spark.

In spite of all his troubles, he's a big body with offensive potential. No way you sign him for 4 mill but do you look at 2 mill per year with bonuses. he is one tough customer and we could use some guys to go to the corners and protect some of our finesse players OK without breaking anybody's neck. I would rather him than 1/2 dozen guys on the team I can think of. what do you guys think? and yes I know I will get flamed but what the hell it's all in fun right? :hlogo:

Do not wanna see Bert in a Habs uniform ever. Nothing against him, but i do not think he has enough to offer and may be a bad influence on the young guns. Bert seems to be inconsistent, and has a penchant for bad, lazy penalties. Do not see BG making an effort to get him.

signing another winger makes no sense at all

tanguay, K, sergei

andrei, p, kovy

where do you put bertuzzi ??

you still have Lapierre, Latendresse, Bégin, kostopoulos, dandenault HIGGINS. I think a guy Like Chipchura deserves a 2nd chance...

only Chipchura and Sergei can be sent down without going through waivers.

all that for Bubba with no brains !!?? He's passed his prime.

1 Physical players usually don't age well

2 Bertuzzi would defile the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge

3 No thank you

up until the moore incident he was considered a great power forward, i think he's still got a lot to give.

slashes you mean !!

wow 29 teams pass him up... that means he is gonna be getting 2.5 -3 mil ... Unless he goes to the continental league!! Nevertheless Fear NOT!!! I bet ya TO signs him for 5 or 6 Mil a year! LOL!!

Edited by CoRvInA

wow 29 teams pass him up... that means he is gonna be getting 2.5 -3 mil ... Unless he goes to the continental league!! Nevertheless Fear NOT!!! I bet ya TO signs him for 5 or 6 Mil a year! LOL!!

He would replace Darcy Tucker. Get his 20-25 goals and 50 points a year and be a pest to other teams and get way overpaid. Then Komisarek, Bouillon and Kovalev can come to town and kick his ass as they did with Tucker.

There's no point to pick up a player who's on waivers for buy out when he could re-sign for cheaper later on.

If he was on re-entry waivers, it would be another story.

There's no point to pick up a player who's on waivers for buy out when he could re-sign for cheaper later on.

If he was on re-entry waivers, it would be another story.

picking him up off waivers would mean paying him 4 mill per year, What I was thinking is wait till he is FA then sign him to a bunus laden contract for about 2 mill. Burke may be the greatest gm that TO hasn't had yet but bertuzzi @ 4mill was stupid.

I dont know what you see in Bertuzzi habs rule.

He's not the same player he once was. He's old, he slowed down considerably, he's got injury and concussions problems, he's a bad penalty machine, he chokes in the playoffs, he's been with 3 different teams in the past 3 years and none wanted to keep him.

Besides, last season Latendresse scored 16 goals playing mostly on the 4th line and getting no PP time. Bertuzzi scored 14 playing with Getzlaf & Perry and getting PP time. Lil' Kost in his rookie season had about the same PPG average than Bert.

So, in short, f**k Bertuzzi. I'd rather see Pacioretty in the lineup than waste any dime on Bertuzzi.

I dont know what you see in Bertuzzi habs rule.

He's not the same player he once was. He's old, he slowed down considerably, he's got injury and concussions problems, he's a bad penalty machine, he chokes in the playoffs, he's been with 3 different teams in the past 3 years and none wanted to keep him.

Besides, last season Latendresse scored 16 goals playing mostly on the 4th line and getting no PP time. Bertuzzi scored 14 playing with Getzlaf & Perry and getting PP time. Lil' Kost in his rookie season had about the same PPG average than Bert.

So, in short, f**k Bertuzzi. I'd rather see Pacioretty in the lineup than waste any dime on Bertuzzi.

Hear hear :clap:

picking him up off waivers would mean paying him 4 mill per year, What I was thinking is wait till he is FA then sign him to a bunus laden contract for about 2 mill. Burke may be the greatest gm that TO hasn't had yet but bertuzzi @ 4mill was stupid.

Thats another reason people passed up on Bertuzzi!

Anaheim is still a threat! and giving Burke 4 million or I guess 1.6 Mil more for his cap space is a non issue ! Burke must be so pissed He was certain at least One miserable team was gonna pick BERT! he must think all the GM are against him! HAHAH GOOD!

Isn't that what I said? :P

Regardless, Bertuzzi should find some interest in the market. With Malone gone, Bert just gained value.

For a Habs stand point, he's like plan F maybe? Oh the irony though, years ago the Habs would have sent the farm for this guy.

Amen to that.

He's hasn't really played that well at all since jumping Moore. He comes with a lot of baggage, and I can't envision him as being that suited to the Canadiens current lineup. It'd be a bad fit, especially with all the pressure of playing in Montreal.

On the other hand though, playing in the nether regions of the league such as Florida and Anahiem hasn't done him much good either. I'd think that perhaps the Blue Jackets would take a flier on him, especially now that Malone has apparently inked a deal with Tampa.

1 Physical players usually don't age well

3 No thank you

I will only comment on actual hockey things and not your personal prejudices:

1: bert 6'3 245 lbs 33 years old

sundin 6'5 235 lbs 37 years old (some people want to sign him (i am one) why has he not deteriorated? 0 just a question

5 years a go we would have given up the farm for him he made a mistake

any body rember the rocket gordie howe ted green wayne maki fergie and a whole bunch of other guys who played exactly this way?

and the list could go on lupien bouchard x 2 and I have not even begun defile is a harsh word

Edited by habs rule

I would sign Bertuzzi to a 2-3 year deal in a heartbeat...and if it's for 2-3 million as some of you are speculating then I would think it would merit serious consideration by Gainey.

I always thought the Moore issue is blown out of proportion due to the resulting injury. Same as what happened to Perezhogin in the AHL. But that's a long debated topic...

Bertuzzi brings heart, grit, size, physicality, skill, scoring ability, strength along the boards (which fits extremely well with how the Habs cycle the puck)...it would be a tremendous signing that would fit with the Habs current team very well...from purely a hockey perspective it's a great fit IMHO.

No offence, but I think the Bertuzzi defenders are nuts. He isn't the player he was in Vancouver anymore - that's what some people, Burke included, seem to be missing. He remains capable of playing well now and then, but mostly you get a hulking, moody, inconsistent player who lacks in intensity (grit?? Don't make me laugh!) and takes dumb penalties, while consistently failing to show up for the playoffs. And that's without even mentioning his 'one mistake' (which just happened to break and man's back and end his career - but that's why pencils have erasers, eh?). I might pay, oh, $2 mil for Bert if I had a vulnerable team and thought it worth the risk. But we're not in that position.

Beyond that, Bertuzzi was a notorious crybaby for hating all the media and fan attention in Vancouver. You think he's gonna thrive in - wait for it - Montreal???

To compare Sundin and Bertuzzi is a bit of a joke. The former is a classy player who has been a team leader everywhere he's gone, and who has performed with incredible consistency in trying circumstances. Bert is the opposite in every way.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

only Chipchura and Sergei can be sent down without going through waivers.

Lats can, AND SHOULD, also be sent down without clearing waivers. He should be starting the year in Hamilton.