Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Montreal has stopped the aggressive play and as a result, Boston's superior puck-chasing is much better. We're starting to lose battles consistently.

-And that puck hit Price first. I should think that's a goal, but I don't know the rules that closely.

So much for Lucic off his game...

He was, until they stopped having Laraque shadow him. The shadowing had the whole Bruins team off, since they were trying to switch around him and Lucic.

caught another break second no-goal call in our favor in two games

In our favor because they were the correct call. Not really a break.

im sure others have posted in the thread already about this but man does O'Byrne just continue to look out of place on this team. Are we really sure that there is nobody on the farm that could contribute more than him?

At least if we brought Weber up he could contribute on the PP.

im sure others have posted in the thread already about this but man does O'Byrne just continue to look out of place on this team. Are we really sure that there is nobody on the farm that could contribute more than him?

I don't think he looks out of place. He does a serviceable job out there. But he's being given way too much responsibility. When Komi was having his struggles in season one and two his ice time was cut to between 8 and 12 minutes a game. I understand that O'Byrne was leading the team tonight - I just can't see that as being prudent in any way. Why not cut down his ice time and place him in positions where he's going to succeed and learn his craft. It feels to me like we're rushing him where we took our time with Komi and groomed our #8 to a top defensive defender.

I really thought he was better last year. he's big enough could he go beat the shittt out of lucic Then I might like him.

Tonight isn't an ordinary night for him as he's been the chosen one to fill Komisarek's shoes as the policeman on D. On a normal night, he's in the middle of the pack. Actually, he's been passed by a few guys now; Markov and Kovalev are leading everyone us by a lot.

Oh, also, the four lines are being rolled tonight, so leading the team doesn't mean too much. O'Byrne's on pace to finish with 20 minutes under his belt. I see nothing wrong with that, especially with Komisarek out of the lineup. O'Byrne needs to start taking on a bigger role.

I really thought he was better last year. he's big enough could he go beat the shittt out of lucic Then I might like him.

Don't get your hopes up. I'd be surprised if he could beat Bouillon.

Tonight isn't an ordinary night for him as he's been the chosen one to fill Komisarek's shoes as the policeman on D. On a normal night, he's in the middle of the pack. Actually, he's been passed by a few guys now; Markov and Kovalev are leading everyone us by a lot.

Oh, also, the four lines are being rolled tonight, so leading the team doesn't mean too much. O'Byrne's on pace to finish with 20 minutes under his belt. I see nothing wrong with that, especially with Komisarek out of the lineup. O'Byrne needs to start taking on a bigger role.

Don't get your hopes up. I'd be surprised if he could beat Bouillon.

maybe he could beat him half to death with his purse?

HAHAHA! Laraques draws a penalty.

We might have found our new powerforward.

I'd rather see him with Koivu and Tangs over Kovalev. Get him to the net, or to the wall to hit, and win pucks. Let the two skill guys work it, and see what happens. Laraque is Lats without the skill, but with a little more experience.

Does Bob Cole look at the ref before he makes up what he thinks happens? LOL