What do we do for next year?

hab29RETIRED

UFA ain't a big market but RFA and offersheet can be made..oh wait we have a GM that is obeying to

his rules of conduct, that he is the only one to follow just like his goon 1st liner.

I have been easy on Bob before but since he doesn't know when to leave i really hope someone buys

this team and put their own plan and managers into place.

I am convinced that little man Gillet and his friend the captain, the millionnaire, his wife, the little star and their

friend kicked Carbo out of the island. What did Gainey do to save his better acquisition as a GM ?? Nothing.

No it was not balls that Gainey showed playing Price in the third period on the last game knowing that some fans

p*ssed after a disturbed season would go after him. Yeah really brave to throw the kids to the lions and say that it

will be good for his development to put Carey nose in the dirt and after that blame the fans , the medias and say that

they are idiots like L.A fan were for Sydor.

It was not smart to trade Plekanek when he had some value.

It was not smart sending an offer sheet to Brière by a water boy.

It was not smart not drafting Brassard when they had the chance to see Latendresse for a full year before.

It was not smart sending Ribeiro for absolutely nothing.

It was not smart to use the buy outs for meaningless players.

It was not smart not signing Streit when he was developping, waiting till the summer until we lose him for nothing. Same for

Komisarek, Souray. At least if they were signed we could have something for them.

For all these's reasons and many others i just hate Bob, not just as a coach, gm but now as a man too. I had hope he would

leave by himself after this season. No it's everybody fault but he's own.

You must feel so smart being able to make these observations after the fact.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all these's reasons and many others i just hate Bob, not just as a coach, gm but now as a man too. I had hope he would

Don't hold it in. Tell us how you really feel.

Personally, I blame Gainey for not ordering the team to tank every year since he's been GM to obtain the 1st overall pick. I mean, it's not like the team did anything any of those years anyway. For him to not have the foresight to realize the Cup was unattainable every season and just play for draft position is inexcusable. Sigh.

Edited by huzer

UFA ain't a big market but RFA and offersheet can be made..oh wait we have a GM that is obeying to

his rules of conduct, that he is the only one to follow just like his goon 1st liner.

Eeeeeasy Ryder...

It was buy out Salmelainen and Cullimore or buy out Samsonov.

If you're opinion is this radical and no one has a similar one, it's likely for a good reason.

Only the Ribeiro one and the UFA one are valid points. How could we have drafted Brassard? He went 6th overall! We picked way later. You may as well blame him for not drafting Crosby.

Were you really saying that he should trade Plekanec after last season? I bet not. Trading players "when their value is at its highest" is one of the dumbest philosophies in pro sports. You'll be right once in a while, but in the end of the day, you're just trading away your best players regularly.

Why was it dumb to use the buyouts on Cullimore and Salmelainen? Who needs to be bought out now? Hamrlik?

So you are saying that a player like Jason Blake should not be traded after his 40 goal season?

You don't trade away your best players who are consistent when their value is highest, you have to possess a strong

scouting staff who recognizes that a player is playing over their head.

Darcy Tucker three seasons ago got a PP run where he was on pace for 40 goals, you trade him because

he IS NOT a 40 goal scorer. Souray was putting up monster PP numbers, but was terrible defensively, so

it is not a sin to deal a one dimensional defenseman at the peak of his value.

Kovalev has shown a history of big seasons followed by a bad one and a mediocre one. So it is not a sin to deal

him during a good one if your return is an impact player in return who has worn out his welcome somewhere else.

Just like Carey Price is universally underrated right now. What people PERCEIVE his value is does not match

his true value. It works in an inverse manner as well.

It is not a DUMB philosophy if a DUMB individual is not behind the evaluation. If your best players are the type of

players that I described, then your team likely is not a contender.

So you are saying that a player like Jason Blake should not be traded after his 40 goal season?

You don't trade away your best players who are consistent when their value is highest, you have to possess a strong

scouting staff who recognizes that a player is playing over their head.

Darcy Tucker three seasons ago got a PP run where he was on pace for 40 goals, you trade him because

he IS NOT a 40 goal scorer. Souray was putting up monster PP numbers, but was terrible defensively, so

it is not a sin to deal a one dimensional defenseman at the peak of his value.

Kovalev has shown a history of big seasons followed by a bad one and a mediocre one. So it is not a sin to deal

him during a good one if your return is an impact player in return who has worn out his welcome somewhere else.

Just like Carey Price is universally underrated right now. What people PERCEIVE his value is does not match

his true value. It works in an inverse manner as well.

It is not a DUMB philosophy if a DUMB individual is not behind the evaluation. If your best players are the type of

players that I described, then your team likely is not a contender.

For one thing, you gave examples of established players that the league already knew. Who was fooled into thinking a 30+ year old Tucker had suddenly become a 40 goal scorer? If it's a contract year, he'll get a raise, but nobody will confuse him with Thomas Vanek.

Did anyone offer us their top prospect for Kovalev after last season? Nobody was fooled into believing he could be a consistent point per game player.

I was talking about younger players breaking out and achieving career bests. My father still whines about how we didn't trade Theodore right after he won the Hart and Vezina because his value was high. Was there reason to believe Plekanec's 65 points were so far over his head that he needed to be traded before his stock dropped? A 24 year old being given a chance on a 1st line and achieving a career-high? It's natural progression somewhat pimped up by Kovy's superseason.

By this logic, we should trade Lapierre ASAP because his progress spiked unexpectedly this season. Or maybe we should have traded Gorges as soon as Komisarek came back?

The theory relies on a stupid GM being fooled and making you a dumb offer, and some luck. It sounds like the same formula for any good trade. When the case is obvious (Tucker, Kovy, Blake), it's obvious to everyone else too. Meaning the only time you have a chance to win big is when it isn't obvious - in which case you're taking a big gamble: trading away a hot player for a stranger who has unknown chemistry with your team.

You must feel so smart being able to make these observations after the fact.

Eeeeeasy Ryder...

It was buy out Salmelainen and Cullimore or buy out Samsonov.

If you're opinion is this radical and no one has a similar one, it's likely for a good reason.

I love you guys :P

For one thing, you gave examples of established players that the league already knew. Who was fooled into thinking a 30+ year old Tucker had suddenly become a 40 goal scorer? If it's a contract year, he'll get a raise, but nobody will confuse him with Thomas Vanek.

Did anyone offer us their top prospect for Kovalev after last season? Nobody was fooled into believing he could be a consistent point per game player.

I was talking about younger players breaking out and achieving career bests. My father still whines about how we didn't trade Theodore right after he won the Hart and Vezina because his value was high. Was there reason to believe Plekanec's 65 points were so far over his head that he needed to be traded before his stock dropped? A 24 year old being given a chance on a 1st line and achieving a career-high? It's natural progression somewhat pimped up by Kovy's superseason.

By this logic, we should trade Lapierre ASAP because his progress spiked unexpectedly this season. Or maybe we should have traded Gorges as soon as Komisarek came back?

The theory relies on a stupid GM being fooled and making you a dumb offer, and some luck. It sounds like the same formula for any good trade. When the case is obvious (Tucker, Kovy, Blake), it's obvious to everyone else too. Meaning the only time you have a chance to win big is when it isn't obvious - in which case you're taking a big gamble: trading away a hot player for a stranger who has unknown chemistry with your team.

NHL is tradeless nowadays. IF you wanna trade a guy like Jeff Carter, you have a market. If you wanna trade Kovalev? well, if you want picks at the deadline, you have a market.. otherwise, he's "untradeable under the new economy" :(

I have been easy on Bob before but since he doesn't know when to leave i really hope someone buys

this team and put their own plan and managers into place.

I am convinced that little man Gillet and his friend the captain, the millionnaire, his wife, the little star and their

friend kicked Carbo out of the island. What did Gainey do to save his better acquisition as a GM ?? Nothing.

No it was not balls that Gainey showed playing Price in the third period on the last game knowing that some fans

p*ssed after a disturbed season would go after him. Yeah really brave to throw the kids to the lions and say that it

will be good for his development to put Carey nose in the dirt and after that blame the fans , the medias and say that

they are idiots like L.A fan were for Sydor.

It was not smart to trade Plekanek when he had some value.

It was not smart sending an offer sheet to Brière by a water boy.

It was not smart not drafting Brassard when they had the chance to see Latendresse for a full year before.

It was not smart sending Ribeiro for absolutely nothing.

It was not smart to use the buy outs for meaningless players.

It was not smart not signing Streit when he was developping, waiting till the summer until we lose him for nothing. Same for

Komisarek, Souray. At least if they were signed we could have something for them.

You've just made my #1 for all time stupidest post and given the way the thinking expressed on this board has degenerated over the last couple of seasons that is a real accomplishment. I would debate the "points" you expressed but that would be pointless.

:puke: i know it was not a clean post but the reply's

If you want to sink with Bob it's your choice.

I will not apoligize for one frustration post. I tried to give the players and management a slack

all year long, i just reached the point that i do not believe in them anymore, all i see his failure.

And yeah i did wish he would trade up to get the best quebecers in the recent draft years.

I have to right to wish to see a Giroux or a Brassard at the draft in a habs uniform to represent

our nation in a habs uniform.

And yeah i dislike the fact that we have to reach the bottom again when we had assets to have

a stanley cup contender team for at least 5 years.

No it's the Bolts GM, the crowd and the media that are responsable for everything.

Thanks, good summer.

Maybe when someone in this organization comes to the realization that regular season hockey is absolutely NOTHING like playoff hockey we can ice a contender in the next few seasons. This team is full of Joe Thortons ... as much as I love watching Joe, someone needs to explain that the regular season means dick in this league other than sorting out who plays who when it really matters.

This current habs team, of which Gainey is the architect, is built around a complete core of soft perimeter players who have consistently shown they can't bring anything into the post season. If you think that design deserves to laud praise upon Gainey, by all means continue defending his marginal moves and his nancyboy "stars". He is now in a situation where almost all of his talent has regressed and he has to turn to 29 other GMs and try to unload some of this garbage. Brilliant.

That's why I'm pissed.

I thought the article on the front page about Kessel and Krecji was very interesting. Even if we resign our key players, we should still have some cash left to throw around so if we make two good offers for both, maybe Boston could match one but probably not both. Alternatively, we can make a big offer for Kessel and Boston may not be able to match at all. It would all depend on both those players wanting to leave Boston for Montreal, though. They had a front row seat to how we treat our players in tough times, so it may be doubtful...