Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

For all of you blog readers who hit many many rumour sites, do you concur with me that Briere is coming to Montreal? I believe he is. There's alot of chatter (just from today) about a burning desire to don the CH

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

For all of you blog readers who hit many many rumour sites, do you concur with me that Briere is coming to Montreal? I believe he is. There's alot of chatter (just from today) about a burning desire to don the CH

YUP!!!!!!!

I'm Thrilled!!!!!! As soon as Souray hears ...he will sign too!!!!!!!

I'm skeptical to tell you the truth.....

where was all this "I want to be a habs" talk before now?

YUP!!!!!!!

I'm Thrilled!!!!!! As soon as Souray hears ...he will sign too!!!!!!!

I'm trying not to get my hopes too high but the word is that he is delighted that the Canadiens have stepped up to the plate so graceously and strongly. Nothing is written in stone yet. I'm hoping hoping and hoping more. :D

I thought Briere was going to sign in Philly from the get go I believe all the Habs offers might just be fabricated for the FLyers to up the ante.

We'll find out. It's too bad these contracts are for as long as they are. Welcome to the New NHL :puke:

However, we signed 4 years with Kovalev and here we are with 2 years left. Briere at a 6 year isn't geting too insane considering this is what the new reality is. I know none of us like it but whadda ya do if you want heavy calibre UFA's now? It's almost like the players don't want short term high money deals anymore. I can understand that. If a UFA is grossly overpaid on a 1 year term and has a dreadful season then they have problems. Samsonov is a good example. Lucky for him he has a 2 year deal but if it was a one year, it would have been a disaster for him.

I thought Briere was going to sign in Philly from the get go I believe all the Habs offers might just be fabricated for the FLyers to up the ante.

Which I don't mind, either. We're in a dogfight for playoff spots with Philly now (they've improved to playoff contender, not Cup contender), so anything that makes life more difficult for them is a good thing.

How long as that Briere to Habs headline been there?

Same for Gomez.

Half an hour or so for Briere.....more then an hour for gomez.

That's why I said, for what its worth

Edited by Habitforming

Of course Gomez is going to sign...............no real scoop there. Then they'll come back later and say See I told you he signed.......... :wacko:

My source says Souray and Briere are signed too.....but I can't tell you where at this point........ ^_^

Edited by kenadian

Holy Moly - How good a site is this Tony?

No idea to be honest. If you run a site that makes money based on the amount of hits, today is a good time to have one of those sites. Any random thing and you'll get thousands of hits.

He said he met a restaurant owner who told him Briere to MTL was going to happen in a couple of days (this was written yesterday).

The restaurant owner said a business man who works for Molson told him that Briere to MTL was a done deal and that they're trying to find schools for his children in Westmount.

He said 15 hours later the apparent terms (years and money) that this restaurant owner said have came true.

I still believe Souray will sign and I really hope that Briere deal is a joke that contract is too long.

It's the new NHL. Haven't you realized that this is what you have to do to get a good player now. It migt suck but in a year or two this deal may seem great compared to the crap that teams will be dishing out.

Ryder wants 4 million.....now that is a problem

He said he met a restaurant owner who told him Briere to MTL was going to happen in a couple of days (this was written yesterday).

The restaurant owner said a business man who works for Molson told him that Briere to MTL was a done deal and that they're trying to find schools for his children in Westmount.

He said 15 hours later the apparent terms (years and money) that this restaurant owner said have came true.

A restaurant owner???

Geez

Anaheim signed Schneider for 2 years...so Gainey is out on that one.

how is that possible? Montreal or any other team cannot negotiate with UFAs until July 1st. Everyone knows that...

It happens all the time GM's call it "indirectly ask about their intentions" lol