The Habs aren't Canada's team in the playoffs?

dlbalr

Ah, the debate over who is Canada's team has resurfaced once more thanks to a tweet from Canada's Heritage Minister:

moore-twitter-canucks.jpg

Personally, I think this is a non-story but since they actually went and questioned a couple of the Habs about it, it's worth mentioning since there's not a lot to get into until game day tomorrow.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/20...nadas-team.html

To be fair to Vancouver, they have more than the Habs do. But I'm confused why bother to create contraversy. Is it up to the Feds to proclaim this? To rubber stamp this?

Let the fans decide. Good luck to Canada's Team. The Canucks as demonstrated by our elected officials. Maybe the government will anoint Georges St. Pierre as Canada's kick ass fighter!

Maybe they can anoint the best person who can play the spoons :wacko:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

There are politicians in this world, it seems, who look around and when things are quiet, they say the dumbest things. Harper's gotta be losing his mind.

Has the RIGHT hon. J.Moore been smoking some that funny stuff they don't know it's illigal (after what the mayor, possibly former, of Van. said) in the city of 'Nucks??

There are politicians in this world, it seems, who look around and when things are quiet, they say the dumbest things. Harper's gotta be losing his mind.

Harper has a mind? I thought he was just a puppet. Seems lost without Bush's hand up his butt.

Hold it what am I doing, I am here looking for my morning hockey and got drawn into politics? Who the hell let the Con's Reform after we voted them into non-party statis anyway? When is Drydan going to run for PM? Oh, and down south, if Obama is going to actually do anything he better hurry before his term ends and the Reps can say he did nothing but talk, which to be fair is all he hs done so far. Enough said.

Give me hockey news now, oh, coffee's ready....