Game 3, Habs vs Sens, 7 PM

dlbalr

Total loss of composure. Yes, I felt the refs let the sens get away with a lot of shit early in the game, but if they wanted to get even they should have made hard, legal hits. Play with some heart, not that chippy crap late in the game. They just pumped the sens up big time for the next game knowing that if they play physical, the habs will fold like a cheap tent.

Seriously disappointed in the team tonight. If they are mad at anyone, they should look in the mirror.

can someone explain the instigation penalty to Subban???

It looked to me like Subban started it and got the jump on him. In a game like this (where it was just after the stupidity - anyone notice that it was a certain #53 who started it?), that was understandable. I was more mad at him for being dumb enough to fight, putting the Habs into a situation where they had to double shift a d-man the rest of the way. That was pure selfishness on his part.

Maclean called a timeout with less than a minute left??? Seriously? Wow, no respect.

I don't blame him to be honest. They were playing it out and Bourque went after one of the Sens for no reason with less than 30 seconds left. That was a clever response I think. On the plus side, that riled up the Habs and Therrien in particular, that decision could come back to bite Ottawa.

Now we will probably get the CBC love in of the sens and go over how dysfunctional Subban is with his teammates.

Well they did just win in a blowout. Why wouldn't they give them their due?

This series is a joke. The narrative is closer to a Charles Bronson movie than a playoff is a professional sports league. They need to go out there and play. The Habs aren't going to win a bloodfeud, grudge match series.

Look, that kind of crap is characteristic of blowouts. The Habs need to regroup. I wouldn't make to much of the late-period nonsense.

The Gio breakaway - yeah. In these kinds of games, you gotta score on those chances or you lose. It's true 99% of the time, it seems. That's not to blame him, just to state the facts.

By the way, stupid comments by Prust and White have the refs looking for calls against us. Every dirty exchange went Ottawa's way. It is time for them to stop yapping with threats in the press and play hard on the ice.

I'm not giving Price a pass. Alot of people keep saying giving up a killer goal. Well the Fluery gave up all kinds of softies, Nabokov gave up soft goals in the 2nd game and his team team didn't give up. They came back and won.

The difference is the Habs fold up like a tent. Good team don't do that.

Stat of the night, the 232 PIMS combined fell just 20 short of the Good Friday fight fest between Quebec and Montreal in 1984. I'd have to think that ranks #2 in franchise history though.

It looked to me like Subban started it and got the jump on him. In a game like this (where it was just after the stupidity - anyone notice that it was a certain #53 who started it?), that was understandable. I was more mad at him for being dumb enough to fight, putting the Habs into a situation where they had to double shift a d-man the rest of the way. That was pure selfishness on his part.

I don't blame him to be honest. They were playing it out and Bourque went after one of the Sens for no reason with less than 30 seconds left. That was a clever response I think. On the plus side, that riled up the Habs and Therrien in particular, that decision could come back to bite Ottawa.

both Subban and Turris were hacking away, which led to a fight. Shouldn't have been a instigator on that.

White was not the one who lined up all goons after the Sens scored. How much ice time does Kassian usually get in a game???

Well they did just win in a blowout. Why wouldn't they give them their due?

Win or lose, Healy and stock are anti-habs on their commentary and McLean is hardly neutral. Friedman is the only true objective guy on their panel.

Look, that kind of crap is characteristic of blowouts. The Habs need to regroup. I wouldn't make to much of the late-period nonsense.

The Gio breakaway - yeah. In these kinds of games, you gotta score on those chances or you lose. It's true 99% of the time, it seems. That's not to blame him, just to state the facts.

I've been a Habs fan since I knew what a puck was. That being said, this team is a bunch of sallies. If it becomes a grudge match, especially with Gryba in the lineup next game, they'll lose in five.

both Subban and Turris were hacking away, which led to a fight. Shouldn't have been a instigator on that.

White was not the one who lined up all goons after the Sens scored. How much ice time does Kassian usually get in a game???

From watching it live, I felt Subban jumped the gun but that may just be me. Still though, I'm more upset with him for putting the team in a situation where they only had 3 d-men left.

As for the line matching, it goes both ways - Therrien did put out the 4th line first. It was White's two handed slash that started the melee though...although I will acknowledge it may have happened on its own.

I'm not giving Price a pass. Alot of people keep saying giving up a killer goal. Well the Fluery gave up all kinds of softies, Nabokov gave up soft goals in the 2nd game and his team team didn't give up. They came back and won.

Fleury has cost his team entire series, including the one against us in 2010. If that's your comparable for Price then get ready for a decade of blown playoffs.

These Habs do not fold like a tent. They've shown that all season. This was a brutal game in which the trailing team could not afford a bad goal. Price has to wear that, just as Desharnais (say) has to wear being a piece of crap all season, Ryder has to wear being invisible, and all the rest of it.

I've been a Habs fan since I knew what a puck was. That being said, this team is a bunch of sallies. If it becomes a grudge match, especially with Gryba in the lineup next game, they'll lose in five.

There's no question the Habs cannot win playing that game. What I'm suggesting is that they will regroup and play their game in game 4.

What I want to know...where is Chuck Barris?

He was there incognito.. still undercover with the CIA.... shhh.. :ph34r:

I'm not putting this on Price by any means. I do think that he didn't do what was required.

IMO, this loss is more on the coaching staff. If Maxpac and Gionta weren't fully ready, you go with the winning lineup. Halpern in particular should have been in the lineup.

The free pass that has been given for the past month has been to DD, Maxpac, Gionta, Ryder. none of these guys have deserved the power play time they have been getting. The kid line has been under utililzed for the past month, despite being the only consistently good line. Its pretty pathetic that Moen gets in on the PP before gallegher/galchenyuk.

Next game, they should either have Pleks centering the kids, or have them playing with Bourque. If maxpac isn't willing to drive to the net. sit his ass in the press box. If he isn't physically able to really contribute in a playoff game sit him. Gionta IMO has been useless and should be moved at the deadline. It isn't just that he has played lousy, but there also doesn't appear to be leadership being provided to their young core.

Fleury has cost his team entire series, including the one against us in 2010. If that's your comparable for Price then get ready for a decade of blown playoffs.

These Habs do not fold like a tent. They've shown that all season. This was a brutal game in which the trailing team could not afford a bad goal. Price has to wear that, just as Desharnais (say) has to wear being a piece of crap all season, Ryder has to wear being invisible, and all the rest of it.

There's no question the Habs cannot win playing that game. What I'm suggesting is that they will regroup and play their game in game 4.

Plus, they played a big game, and laid an egg. It always happens. Hopefully the Senators will do the same on Tuesday.

Reading, "Anderson woulda have stopped that" when Anderson has allowed two total stinker goals that you could play Benny Hill music to tells me this series is less a goalie duel and more what team is more a team.

Big differnce is the Sens have a true captain in Alfredsson and we've got Gionta.

Right, Price has been every bit as good as Anderson :rolleyes: My goodness, the delusions people will tell themselves.

Gio has not impressed, but he's playing hurt and - frankly - has not been nearly as bad as some. I don't think he's the problem. The lack of a decent C after Pleks is much more significant, for instance, as is Patches' pathetic play. Pacioretty is a HUGE key for us and he has been the Invisible Man all series.