Sept. 27, Washington vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24
24 minutes ago, DON said:

That might explain it...:rolleyes: But same holds for previous game..yah, that's what I meant.

Lol, I knew what you meant anyways. Just wanted to be a dick and correct you. 

shaw-andrew-09272016.jpg

30 minutes ago, DON said:

That might explain it...:rolleyes: But same holds for previous game..yah, that's what I meant.

JDLR was playing with Terry & Farnham. Let's see him with Hudon & Scherbak, guys he has some history playing with. Then I think we can better gauge his game.

2 hours ago, nihilz said:

The whole Shaw incident could have been avoided had the refs called a penalty on Beagle's slew-foot.

It also could have been avoided had Shaw decided not to cheap shot a junior defenceman from behind in a preseason game.  This was entirely avoidable on his end and he deserves whatever suspension is coming simply for his own stupidity.  It's a preseason game and you already have a spot on the roster.  Don't let your emotions get the better of you in a meaningless game and then compound the problem by potentially going and getting yourself suspended.  Yes, he got slew-footed but that doesn't excuse anything that Shaw did afterwards.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It also could have been avoided had Shaw decided not to cheap shot a junior defenceman from behind in a preseason game.  This was entirely avoidable on his end and he deserves whatever suspension is coming simply for his own stupidity.  It's a preseason game and you already have a spot on the roster.  Don't let your emotions get the better of you in a meaningless game and then compound the problem by potentially going and getting yourself suspended.  Yes, he got slew-footed but that doesn't excuse anything that Shaw did afterwards.

Like I say...it's an ominous sign. We don't want this guy slipping over into "out of control" Raffe Torres territory, and yet he can't even keep it together for a meaningless exhibition game. He's an important piece in terms of the structure of the team; the last thing needed is for him to get sucked into this morass of "trying to find that balance between playing on the edge and being a liability," which has destroyed so many agitator-type players before him. He's a veteran, he should have figured out this stuff by now.

I don't know, I'm not too worried about Shaw. I've never followed him too closely but it's obvious he was just trying to get the crowd going and the fans on his side in his first game for the squad. 

He went about it the wrong way of course, but I'm not at all worried about this being a long term problem of his with us. 

8 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

What the hell is wrong with this dude...it's preseason.

It's his first game as a Hab and he was fired up.  He wanted to impress and endear himself to the coaches and fans.  I know its only preseason but he's the type to go 100% all of the time.  I'll take him on my team any day.

36 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

It's his first game as a Hab and he was fired up.  He wanted to impress and endear himself to the coaches and fans.  I know its only preseason but he's the type to go 100% all of the time.  I'll take him on my team any day.

This is what endeared him to Quenneville, who used him too much in the top six and kept trying to give him more responsibilities. Chicago fans loved him as a bottom six agitator but had no interest seeing him paid as a top six guy. 

He's gonna likely get top six time, especially after the playoff he had with Chicago.

7 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

This is what endeared him to Quenneville, who used him too much in the top six and kept trying to give him more responsibilities. Chicago fans loved him as a bottom six agitator but had no interest seeing him paid as a top six guy. 

He's gonna likely get top six time, especially after the playoff he had with Chicago.

I dunno, Q is a great coach, and I'm sure he had a reason to play Shaw in top 6, as far as what the fans wanted to see, meh...doesn't win hockey games. I like this guy on the Habs roster.

3 hours ago, KoRP said:

I dunno, Q is a great coach, and I'm sure he had a reason to play Shaw in top 6, as far as what the fans wanted to see, meh...doesn't win hockey games. I like this guy on the Habs roster.

Shaw 14:39/gm, Weise 14:20/gm both were 8th among forwards and similar goal totals. So wont be a surprise to see Shaw moved around the 2nd and 3rd lines.

Shaw averages 17.8g/82gms and likely what we should expect from him.

18 hours ago, JGC21 said:

I dunno, I'm a sales guy and I can show my company how fired up I am by getting in the face of doctors that reject our repair service. Maybe I can throw a display of business cards to let theme know I'm serious.

1 hour ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

I dunno, I'm a sales guy and I can show my company how fired up I am by getting in the face of doctors that reject our repair service. Maybe I can throw a display of business cards to let theme know I'm serious.

Yes because that's definitely comparable to throwing a body check and fighting in hockey. I'm sure the two happen just as often as one another. 

3 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

This makes no sense.  I'm a sales guy too and I applaud Shaw's effort and emotion.  In my area of work, that gets results.

3 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

This makes no sense.  I'm a sales guy too and I applaud Shaw's effort and emotion.  In my area of work, that gets results.

Being a reckless player running a young kid from behind and add in the clown fight act, I think most can do without that garbage and I just hope it isn't a sign of things to come with Shaw.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DON said:

Being a reckless player running a young kid from behind and add in the clown fight act, I think most can do without that garbage and I just hope it isn't a sign of things to come with Shaw.

Exactly. There's a way to show you're on board and excited to be on the team without to resorting to the worst kind of dirty play and childish bragadocio. That was something out of a Junior B game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JGC21 said:

Maybe you should? Next time some guy tries to say he isn't interested, hard close him, and then if he still says no, tell rip the phone out of the wall or slam the door of their office. Buyers are liars.

10 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Yes because that's definitely comparable to throwing a body check and fighting in hockey. I'm sure the two happen just as often as one another. 

Hilarious,  :rolleyes: Talk about apples and oranges, no wait, apples and baseballs. Jeez...

The outrageous outraged around the web comes to Habsworld! 

7 hours ago, KoRP said:

Hilarious,  :rolleyes: Talk about apples and oranges, no wait, apples and baseballs. Jeez...

The outrageous outraged around the web comes to Habsworld! 

You outrage about perceived outrage more than actual outrage is outraged.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Maybe you should? Next time some guy tries to say he isn't interested, hard close him, and then if he still says no, tell rip the phone out of the wall or slam the door of their office. Buyers are liars.

Sure thing, physical abuse is the way to go - after all my sales career is a physical job.

19 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

You outrage about perceived outrage more than actual outrage is outraged.

Sure. Your perception is always bang on, I forgot.