• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was tipped, but still...

never mind, the 'but still....'

it was a deflection - no fault to Huet - he's a keeper of a goalie

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Don Cherry will be all over Rivet for that....stupid!!!

don cherry isn't in the heat of the moment - easy to talk about from a comfy studio seat.

well... it's been a great year

i look forward to the next one, with the talent we've been bringing up...

What the hell was so good about it!! Mighty disappointing in my books and next year looks no better.

don cherry isn't in the heat of the moment - easy to talk about from a comfy studio seat.

Don has long been on the record that defensemen shouldn't flail their sticks out into the path of shots...and he's absolutely right.

well the canes will be bounced next round anyway..........the future does look bright for the habs but damn we lost 4 in a row, wahhhhhhhhh

Guest Syn

Carolina deserved the series in all honesty...

Don't worry though, they are gonna get their asses waxed by New Jersey.

Yea... who cares about Don Cherry?

Great season Habs!! Looking foward to next year!

GO HABS GO! :hlogo:

Rivet....why?

I mean he must feel awful, but I teach kids to let the goalie see the shot from that far out without being tipped...saves disasters like that

What a bad way to end a game with such great goaltending

rivet you ######in idiot

99/100 times that puck ends up in the netting...

bad luck, kinda our theme

That sucked. Turning point: losing Koivu. It's my belief that if we still had him in the line-up, this series would have never seen a game 6. Kudos to Cam Ward as well.

Anyways, the plan was never to win the cup this season, even Gainey kew that. Some of our young guys got some valuable experience though, and look for the team to come out even stronger next season, and hopefully with much more consistency.

I have a lot of faith in Gainey and what he'll be able to do in terms of bringing up young talent next season as well as using the cap room to fill any of the teams needs.

As always... GO HABS GO!!!!

:ghg:

i really expected the habs to win that game in OT but obviously it wasnt meant to be

What a disapointing way to end the series.....and the season....on a stupid play by Rivet.....especially after a pretty solid effort of a game by almost everyone

People should ease up on Rivet - this goal was Huet;s fault. Defensemen are taught to deflect shots if they can get close enough to the shooter. It was tipped from 1 foot away - Huet should have had it.

but we can't blame him either. he's the reason why the Habs were there.

You can't win a series scoring 1 goal a game.

Well after 2 games, there was the "in the bag" thread.............and it was for the Canes.

Time to RE-TOOL (seriously) for next year, cut the dead-weight, soft guys and get some grit on this team!

Have a good summer everyone, see ya next year!

The turning point was WARD. When he came in the wall went up, although we didn't get traffic/pressure/bodies in front of him.

Edited by kenadian

Queen's Alumni

me too... the brass is still around... bigscreen sucks tho... i go to philthy's, formally the peel, formally ackroyd's