Latendresse To Win Calder?

C-Love

I haven't been following other teams that much this year and I am boycotting the various Forcaster magazines, so i don't know who is out there for rookies this year, besides of course Malkin. So let's say Malkin can't stay healthy, if Lats can get 50 points this year maybe he will contend for the Calder. Who else is out there for rookies right now? As I write this other names are coming to my head like Kessel in Boston. Anyway it's something to think about....however I realize the odds are pretty unlikely.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been following other teams that much this year and I am boycotting the various Forcaster magazines, so i don't know who is out there for rookies this year, besides of course Malkin. So let's say Malkin can't stay healthy, if Lats can get 50 points this year maybe he will contend for the Calder. Who else is out there for rookies right now? As I write this other names are coming to my head like Kessel in Boston. Anyway it's something to think about....however I realize the odds are pretty unlikely.

There's a strong crop of rookies out there this year, so the only way Lats would have a chance is if he can play his way onto one of the top two lines.

ah the calder has already been ordained to Malkin.

That's what everybody said last year about Crosby. He also has to stay healthy, his shoulder seemed to collapse this preseason pretty easy. I will hazard a guess that he doesn't play even half of the season this year due to injury......however if he does play a full season, I'm sure he has it wrapped up as well.

That's what everybody said last year about Crosby. He also has to stay healthy, his shoulder seemed to collapse this preseason pretty easy. I will hazard a guess that he doesn't play even half of the season this year due to injury......however if he does play a full season, I'm sure he has it wrapped up as well.

Not so. Crosby may have been the favourite, but it wasn't nearly as clear cut as this year. Most people expected either OV or Crosby to win it, with Phaneuf having an outside shot. This year Malkin is head and shoulders above everyone else.

Don't rush the Calder out yet. My guess is it remains in Pittsburgh with Malkin or Staal if they sign him today before 5 PM.

Aside from that I guess it's a wait and see to which rookies crack the line ups :P

I don't think Latendresse will win it.

Thne Calder winner is almost NEVER the consensus pick at the beginning of the season.

So logically, I'd say: Latendresse has better odds to win the Calder than Malkin, since Malkin's the favorite.

hey KoZeD.. im not sure where you get your facts for those kinda statements but i disagree with your post. Latendresse in no way has better odds of winning the Calder over Malkin right now.

by the way are you the same kozed who used to or still do post on the espn message board? if you are then you sounded pretty smart over there but with that last statement i'm having second thoughts.

maybe i'll come off as sounding too harsh but that wasn't my intention.. i just felt strongly that what he said was wrong.

also i have this guy picked in two of my hockey pools so he's family now... lol

Two words: Gilbert Brule

He has good chance aswell, i think better than Wolski

chances:

1. Malkin (how original, I know)

2. Brule

3.Latendresse

4. Wolski

This is my opionion

Edited by Shu

He has good chance aswell, i think better than Wolski

chances:

1. Malkin (how original, I know)

2. Brule

3.Latendresse

4. Wolski

This is my opionion

I like your choices but I'd also like to throw Kessel from Boston and Radulov from Nashville in that equation... i think Radulov is going to make the team or has made the team and on a line with kariya :D

are there any defensemen gonna fight for the calder this year?

Edited by newf

Maybe, im not sure about defence, Has anyone heard of a rookie goalkeeper that might do well this year?

Maybe, im not sure about defence, Has anyone heard of a rookie goalkeeper that might do well this year?

maybe Hannu Toivonen from boston? ... i think he's a rookie

Malkin's injury will allow Gilbert Brule and Wojtek Wolski to get nice head starts on him.

Brule will be playing on a line with Rick Nash and David Vyborny. Those two guys already have great chemistry, so all Brule has to do is work hard and he'll be able to put up points on that line.

Not sure where Wolski will end up in Colorado, but I'm guessing he'll be on the 2nd line with Svatos and Arnason/Turgeon. Arnason has supposedly had an excellent camp, so if he puts it together and Svatos' shoulder is better, it could be a pretty solid line.

Malkin's injury will allow Gilbert Brule and Wojtek Wolski to get nice head starts on him.

Brule will be playing on a line with Rick Nash and David Vyborny. Those two guys already have great chemistry, so all Brule has to do is work hard and he'll be able to put up points on that line.

Not sure where Wolski will end up in Colorado, but I'm guessing he'll be on the 2nd line with Svatos and Arnason/Turgeon. Arnason has supposedly had an excellent camp, so if he puts it together and Svatos' shoulder is better, it could be a pretty solid line.

interesting remark about brule playing with nash and vyborny... and vyborny is a real slick dude thats for sure... and there's always zherdev around to help :D

interesting remark about brule playing with nash and vyborny... and vyborny is a real slick dude thats for sure... and there's always zherdev around to help :D

If Nik is in good enough shape, he's pegged to be playing on a line opposite Freddy Modin with Manny Malhotra at the center, until Fedorov returns from injury and send Manny back to the third line.