Habs, Sportsnet sign 3 year deal for regional games

But, if you shell out the $300.00 for TVA/RDS and Centreice package, that should cover all Hab games correct?

Centreice gives you every sportsnet feed eh, or at least it had in the past, 'blackout' or not.

Has that changed?

From Steve Fagstein:

• National TV (English):
    • 22 Saturday games on Hockey Night in Canada (first four are on City)
    • 4 Sunday games on City
    • 2 Sunday games on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
    • 1 Monday game on Sportsnet One
    • 6 Wednesday games on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
    • 4 Thursday games on Sportsnet 360
    • 1 Friday game on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
  • National TV (French):
    • 1 Wednesday night game on TVA Sports (season opener)
    • 21 Saturday night games on TVA Sports
  • National U.S. TV:
    • 11 games on NHL Network
    • 2 games on NBC Sports Network
  • Regional TV (English):
    • 39 games on Sportsnet East
    • 3 games on City Montreal
  • Regional TV (French): 60 games on RDS
  • Radio (English): All 82 games on TSN Radio 690
  • Radio (French): All 82 games on CHMP 98.5

Link

EDIT: There might be a blackout for people not in the region for Sportsnet East. Looking that up. People seem to be adamant there will be a blackout.

Sportsnet East gets you 39 games alone.

It's a regional deal only so it only affects those inside the designated viewing region. If you're outside the region but still have Sportsnet East, the games will be blacked out. Of that, I'm certain.

But, if you shell out the $300.00 for TVA/RDS and Centreice package, that should cover all Hab games correct?

Centreice gives you every sportsnet feed eh, or at least it had in the past, 'blackout' or not.

Has that changed?

Centre Ice should now provide the English regional feed instead of the opposition broadcast. I don't expect RDS to be available on CI, especially not after this announcement.

I should note that there is still supposed to be some sort of announcement from Sportsnet coming tomorrow regarding their broadcasts so it's something to keep an eye on.

It's a regional deal only so it only affects those inside the designated viewing region. If you're outside the region but still have Sportsnet East, the games will be blacked out. Of that, I'm certain.

Centre Ice should now provide the English regional feed instead of the opposition broadcast. I don't expect RDS to be available on CI, especially not after this announcement.

I should note that there is still supposed to be some sort of announcement from Sportsnet coming tomorrow regarding their broadcasts so it's something to keep an eye on.

No, RDS hasnt been on centreice, it and TVAsports have been $4 or 5/month in past.

(i know all gets a bit pricey; but, being a fair distance from Belle Centre, a couple hundred for season not a huge deal)

This is stressful. I'm in BC, and I still don't have my method to watch every Habs game. Centre ice blacked out cbc even though I couldnt watch the game on cbc west. Pure garbage. I hate rogers for making this uncertain still.

No, RDS hasnt been on centreice, it and TVAsports have been $4 or 5/month in past.

(i know all gets a bit pricey; but, being a fair distance from Belle Centre, a couple hundred for season not a huge deal)

Yes, RDS always was blacked out before because they were showing the game nationally. Now that they're restricted to regional games, some hoped RDS would find its way onto Centre Ice (which I doubt will happen).

This is stressful. I'm in BC, and I still don't have my method to watch every Habs game. Centre ice blacked out cbc even though I couldnt watch the game on cbc west. Pure garbage. I hate rogers for making this uncertain still.

Centre Ice will cover it for you now. There won't be any more instances of one channel (such as CBC) getting split into multiple feeds at the same time (say, a Toronto game and a Montreal one both starting at 7 PM). If the national games are on CBC, they'll be on all the CBC's. If it's one on a City TV station, it's on all of them (exceptions being the three designated regional games which will then be on CI).

As long as you have subscriptions to all the channels that Sportsnet is going to show national games on (SN360, SN1, and the 4 regional channels...plus CBC/City), you'll get all of the games once you add in the Centre Ice package.

At the risk of joining our Premier as another dummy from BC, I'm still a tad confused. It seems as though the alignment offered by the unfortunately-named Fagstein amounts to 40 games on 'national' TV, encompassing HNIC, Sportsnet and City. So as long as I'm willing to keep track of which damned channels are offering the Habs and when - and game-day threads on this site are a huge help for that - I can see half of the regular season games without paying exorbitant fees. Is this correct?

But for the rest, I'd need to shill out hundreds of dollars for CentreIce. Right?

I'm cash-strapped enough that I'd probably watch the 40 games and attend to the rest on radio. Half of their games on TV I can live with...less than half strikes me as intolerable.

At the risk of joining our Premier as another dummy from BC, I'm still a tad confused. It seems as though the alignment offered by the unfortunately-named Fagstein amounts to 40 games on 'national' TV, encompassing HNIC, Sportsnet and City. So as long as I'm willing to keep track of which damned channels are offering the Habs and when - and game-day threads on this site are a huge help for that - I can see half of the regular season games without paying exorbitant fees. Is this correct?

But for the rest, I'd need to shill out hundreds of dollars for CentreIce. Right?

I'm cash-strapped enough that I'd probably watch the 40 games and attend to the rest on radio. Half of their games on TV I can live with...less than half strikes me as intolerable.

40 games are national between Sportsnet (E/O/W/P), SN1, SN360, City, and CBC. The other 42 games would need to be accessed via Centre Ice. The press release has the listing of what games are national/regional. (Of note, you'll get the Dec. 9 game on SN Pacific regional in BC so you're now at a 50/50 split for games that you can and can't get.)

40 games are national between Sportsnet (E/O/W/P), SN1, SN360, City, and CBC. The other 42 games would need to be accessed via Centre Ice. The press release has the listing of what games are national/regional. (Of note, you'll get the Dec. 9 game on SN Pacific regional in BC so you're now at a 50/50 split for games that you can and can't get.)

Thanks. It's a pain in the ass, but sifting through that schedule and omitting the games marked "Regional - SN East" offers a tolerably clear picture. I just have to make sure I'm subscribed to all possible Sportsnets (except SN East, I guess) and City. Sheesh. I sure love this bold new age of high-tech digital consumer CONVENIENCE. :flaming::flaming:

Thanks. It's a pain in the ass, but sifting through that schedule and omitting the games marked "Regional - SN East" offers a tolerably clear picture. I just have to make sure I'm subscribed to all possible Sportsnets (except SN East, I guess) and City. Sheesh. I sure love this bold new age of high-tech digital consumer CONVENIENCE. :flaming::flaming:

As long as you have one of the SN E/O/P/W channels, you should be fine for those games. They shouldn't be showing multiple national games between those four at the same time (that's why games are earmarked for SN1, 360, even FX Canada). City should be part of your standard package (like a CBC, CTV, Global, etc).

Cant stand Healy and wont ever listen to Brainiac Cherry, so got very used to RDS as the saner option (and with my poor French I also could avoid most of talking head BS from Brunet and some others there).

But now TVA and the rest are in there and just too bad that TSN telecasts, which I really found good are toast.

Cant stand Healy and wont ever listen to Brainiac Cherry, so got very used to RDS as the saner option (and with my poor French I also could avoid most of talking head BS from Brunet and some others there).

But now TVA and the rest are in there and just too bad that TSN telecasts, which I really found good are toast.

Just put the TV on mute when the period ends and spend your intermissions on here. Better insight and less grating on the ears, it's the best of both worlds.

Or simply listen to Bulldogs/WHL games if on same time, many better options than listening too Healy, I will not miss CBC one bit and sounds like numerous TSN guys are sportsnet bound eh, which has to be one positive.

Hope it includes Gord Miller, but doubt that eh?

centerice pkg is broadcast in English every game..trouble is, most of the time the feed is from the opponents home, even if it's our home game. so, centerice would get the nesn feed and jerk Edwards does the games boston plays IN mtl!! please sportsnet, make jerk Edwards disappear forever!

centerice pkg is broadcast in English every game..trouble is, most of the time the feed is from the opponents home, even if it's our home game. so, centerice would get the nesn feed and jerk Edwards does the games boston plays IN mtl!! please sportsnet, make jerk Edwards disappear forever!

I gotta be the only Habs fan who likes Jack Edwards.

Living to Jack Edwards is amazing when we are beating the Bruins. He epitomizes every Bruin fan in New England; a whiny, spoiled, clueless bully who just got his lunch money taken away for the first time and can't understand how it happened.

But when we lose its like nails to a chalkboard...

Living to Jack Edwards is amazing when we are beating the Bruins. He epitomizes every Bruin fan in New England; a whiny, spoiled, clueless bully who just got his lunch money taken away for the first time and can't understand how it happened.

But when we lose its like nails to a chalkboard...

He was a lot worse back in the mid 2000s when the Bruins were our you know what. Once the Bruins won the Cup he got less Sports Entertainment and a lot better at making unbiased judgments. This was his tweet after the Boston/Montreal series last season:

"#Habs owned space in front of both goals. Deserved to win series. Bon chance Montreal. Long live the Rivalry. Seeya next season."

I like his analysis' on the Habs. He's a guy who isn't going to give us any credit for something he doesn't think we deserve credit for. I'd rather that than a chorus of Habs fans with agendas against guys they don't like or for guys that are their favourite players so they let things sweep under the rug.

Don't want to be on Edwards booster staff, but I have watched some Bruins games vs other teams and actually found him relatively fair and again, not near as annoying as much of Toronto media is.

I gotta be the only Habs fan who likes Jack Edwards.

He's an outstanding PBP announcer. If he wasn't such a homer he would be doing national games. I'll take Jack over Pierre, Grandma Emrick and Eddie Olyzck every time. At least when Edwards starts railing against the Habs it isn't a betrayal, like Olyzck in the Rangers series. I like Milbury as well.

I lived outside of Boston until 2012, I've seen tons of Edwards. He's the perfect guy for that market: a magical place where the dirtiest team in the game by a country mile skates into the rink on white horses.

What's the coverage on RDS like? Is it good quality? I would love to see an episode of L'Antichambre for the laughs.

Love the new avatar LM, lol! :rofl:

I watch all Habs games on RDS, even when broadcast on CBC. All the announcers in the world, added together, are not as annoying as the Healy.... PJ stock is close, but nothing compares to the Healy!

As dlbalr suggested, I use this forum to see what you guys are saying in the intermission, just to see if I'm the only Habs fan that sees the game the way I see it :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

I watch all Habs games on RDS, even when broadcast on CBC. All the announcers in the world, added together, are not as annoying as the Healy.... PJ stock is close, but nothing compares to the Healy!

Like those who think they're the only ones that like Jack Edwards, I think I'm the only one who doesn't hate Healy. I've never really found him to play favourites - he hates everything and everyone for the most part. He's consistent in that regard. He also knows his role as someone between the benches - chime in here and there but don't talk more than the rest of the PBP team (Pierre McGuire is bad for that). I may also be biased a bit as I did like him on the Hotstove where he provided some useful information on the business side of things - often with a PA skew, mind you - but it was stuff that generally wasn't out there already. There are quite a few people I'd rather see gone from Sportsnet's broadcasts before it comes to Healy.