Mar. 10, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Would of, Could of, Should of ....

Am I correct in reading that this lack of scoring over the last six games is being attributed to not being "cellar dwellers" more often in the past. (leaf nation logic)

Geez guys don't panic. Its a six game scoring slump from an already low scoring team. Next we'll be hearing about the Trembly Roy episode.

The answers are in the room and on the ice.........everything else just excuses.

excuses? who's the guy that's always complaining that we don't have a #1 center? is that #1 center in the room or not?

We don't. Fact. Our number one center is a 10 goal scorer. Its what i said they lack to be considered a serious stanley cup contender. Stated that on this board Oct. Known it al ot longer.(have been ripped for it on here ever since, while out side this board most agree)

What I thought we were talking about TODAY, "habs vs lightning" was the 6 goals we scored in 5 games. To score at least two goals a game, yes the answers are in the room and on the ice.............to win a Stanley cup? We need a number one centerman, and no that #1 guy is not in the room. No excuse there, that's a fact jack. But can we get back to scoring two goals a game so a Prices shut out is good enough to get the win? Yes.

Now if you want to talk about the theory of finishing last every year to build a team with great draft picks (oilers/panthers ha!) may i suggest you visit a leaf site.......they use that one all the time. :thumbs_up:

excuses? who's the guy that's always complaining that we don't have a #1 center? is that #1 center in the room or not?

I am probably the longest standing member of that club, circa 2003. Do we have that guy in the room? Don't know. What I do know is that the guy you got right now is not getting it done.

Hawks & Ducks are top 2 Stanley cup odds favourites.

Habs still tied for 3rd, 10-1

Tampa tied 6th, 12-1,

(their road record is worst of all top teams 17th in league.)

their scoring record is worst of all top teams 20th

News flash: slumps happen. And as slumps go, this one isn't especially bad - after all, they've gotten at least a point in each of their last three games. How about Nashville losing five straight a little while ago? Does that definitively prove that they are defective? You do know the 1989 team went through a five-game losing streak too, right? Or that the 1993 team suffered a late-season slump that bumped them down to 6th overall, and which has forever been taken as 'proof' that they were no good?

To me, the immediate problem is exceedingly simple: Pacioretty has one goal and two points in his last five games.

This reflects the deeper problem, which is that this team is much too reliant on MaxPac.

But Pacioretty is not going to continue on at this rate of production. He will find his groove again. And when he does, we'll start putting up more Ws. What's so frustrating is that NONE of our other forwards seems capable of stepping up in his absence. Eller, ha ha ha ha good luck with that jackass. Galchenyuk, yes, he's just a kid, but jeez, it'd be nice to see him take charge offensively, even if for just one night. I maintain that Pleks is no longer quite the offensive threat he was capable of being in his prime: a small drop-off, but significant on a team that lacks offensive talent. DD is a playmaker, not a scorer...Gally is what he is...

Slump aside, MaxPac can't score like a demon for four rounds. SOMEONE in the forward group will have to step up like Eller and Bourque did last year if this team is going to go all the way. I know that's obvious, but that is the lesson this slump really underscores.

Bergevn had 2 options; try and add a top 4 d-man or top six winger upgrade.

Top six winger was deemed too pricey, unless wanted ship out 1st pick and prospects like Scherbak, McCarron +.

Now gotta wait and see how plays out once mid-April comes.

Petry has impressed so far.

Bergevn had 2 options; try and add a top 4 d-man or top six winger upgrade.

Top six winger was deemed too pricey, unless wanted ship out 1st pick and prospects like Scherbak, McCarron +.

Now gotta wait and see how plays out once mid-April comes.

Petry has impressed so far.

I like Petry too. But when emelin comes in, if Petry takes the place of NB or Gonch its a lateral move. If he takes the place of Gilbert the habs are a better team.

There were no forwards that got moved at the deadline worthwhile. MB was not going to over pay for a guy like vermette just because he was the cream of a not so good trade day crop.

I like the two fourth liners he added to. Addressing a play off need.

News flash: slumps happen. And as slumps go, this one isn't especially bad - after all, they've gotten at least a point in each of their last three games. How about Nashville losing five straight a little while ago? Does that definitively prove that they are defective? You do know the 1989 team went through a five-game losing streak too, right? Or that the 1993 team suffered a late-season slump that bumped them down to 6th overall, and which has forever been taken as 'proof' that they were no good?

To me, the immediate problem is exceedingly simple: Pacioretty has one goal and two points in his last five games.

This reflects the deeper problem, which is that this team is much too reliant on MaxPac.

But Pacioretty is not going to continue on at this rate of production. He will find his groove again. And when he does, we'll start putting up more Ws. What's so frustrating is that NONE of our other forwards seems capable of stepping up in his absence. Eller, ha ha ha ha good luck with that jackass. Galchenyuk, yes, he's just a kid, but jeez, it'd be nice to see him take charge offensively, even if for just one night. I maintain that Pleks is no longer quite the offensive threat he was capable of being in his prime: a small drop-off, but significant on a team that lacks offensive talent. DD is a playmaker, not a scorer...Gally is what he is...

Slump aside, MaxPac can't score like a demon for four rounds. SOMEONE in the forward group will have to step up like Eller and Bourque did last year if this team is going to go all the way. I know that's obvious, but that is the lesson this slump really underscores.

Eliminating a snipers centerman naturally hurts his scoring. IIts crunch time hockey now, DD is going to get less and less time with the puck to make his play to pacs. Everyone in the building knows he aint gonna shoot.

Chucky at center. DD on the wing................only a matter of time. Why not now.

But you are right Pacs is a streak scorer, and the rest of the forwards are out there trying to stop the other team from scoring for the most part. No secondary scoring will be magnified and exploited by opposing clubs. That is what we are seeing now i think.

Therrien dosent have time to dumb down his strategy so all fans can understand, just don't you worry and please be patient Grasshopper. :ph34r:

I like Petry too. But when emelin comes in, if Petry takes the place of NB or Gonch its a lateral move. If he takes the place of Gilbert the habs are a better team.

Not to defend Gilbert, there was nobody in Habs land more irritated by the game winning goal by Tampa the other night than I was, but just can't agree that Emelin bumping Gonchar out instead of Gilbert is a lateral move.

Gilbert, like him or not, is more capable of playing big minutes than Gonchar, at least in Therrien's mind(and mine too).

Gonchar doesn't deal with speed well anymore, never did in his own end, and vs Tampa, it was oh so painfully obvious.

Petry is ahead of Beaulieu in terms of a minute eating defenseman, puck mover and physically as well, just a better Dman at this point, and deserves to be #2 RHD, no question about it.

Goncahr needs to sit.