Mar. 10, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Dammit, this team is frustrating! Is it me or do we sit back, practically in awe of the top teams? I'm convinced our top line isn't capable of BEING a top line! F'n TBL have two top lines and we have two 2nd lines ffs. I angry-drank tonight, so i'm out

Dammit, this team is frustrating! Is it me or do we sit back, practically in awe of the top teams? I'm convinced our top line isn't capable of BEING a top line! F'n TBL have two top lines and we have two 2nd lines ffs. I angry-drank tonight, so i'm out

We have 1/3 of a top line: Pacioretty, that's it

I'd like to know what our record is this year against the good teams...ie: Tampa, Rangers, Anaheim, St-Louis, etc...

There you go. The next 9 teams in the standings. (cuz we're sitting 1st)

Nashville : 1-0

Anaheim : 0-2

Tampa : 0-2-1

Isles : 2-0

Rag$ : 2-1

St-Louis : 2-0

Pittsburgh : 1-1-1

Detroit : 3-0

Chicago : 0-2

We don't have to jump off a bridge before morning. The season isn't over. We've been flat: bad. How many games did the Press lose in a row? The boys have played some really good hockey and will again. There's lots of time left for despairing later.

Without Price, this game is 7-0. Embarrassing game. TB dominated every single part of this game. Couldn't get a zone entry. Losing the puck in the neutral zone. Giveaways. No board battles won. No offensive zone cycles. Pure unadulterated garbage. MT better figure out a way to play against Tampa.

Yeah... that pretty well sums it up.

Gilbert had the most ice time, and was the absolute worst defenseman out there...

Moving on.

The Lighting will be the Habs biggest challenge (if they play them) Come playoffs. Their the team to beat in the east to make it to the finals.

rangers are just as dangerous

Yeah... that pretty well sums it up.

Gilbert had the most ice time, and was the absolute worst defenseman out there...

Moving on.

He was/is the worst D and yet he had the most ice time. What is MT thinking on that? Like really, come on.

Pacs is a 50 goal scorer with a real centerman.

Not to mention how many assists he would pick up playing with a centerman who can score.

Pacs has one three assist game in his career , Chucky was his center. (hatrick)

DD already showed he is a far better third line winger than he is a first line center.

Entertaining game, too bad for Price who stole a point and Habs tied for 1st overall...nice.

Got the dreaded 1st game back after road trip out of way with a point. :clap:

Players did a bit (lot) too much standing around, walking dead type offensive push.

There you go. The next 9 teams in the standings. (cuz we're sitting 1st)

Nashville : 1-0

Anaheim : 0-2

Tampa : 0-2-1

Isles : 2-0

Rag$ : 2-1

St-Louis : 2-0

Pittsburgh : 1-1-1

Detroit : 3-0

Chicago : 0-2

Thanks..In that case, let's hope we don't have to play Tampa or Anaheim..or Chicago!

Guest Stogey24

Yeah... that pretty well sums it up.Gilbert had the most ice time, and was the absolute worst defenseman out there...Moving on.

He literally missed a 5ft pass to Petry with no one around, but yet this guy still logs 25mins while Beaulieu and Gonchar are tied to the bench. I've seen Therrien do these type of things way too many times. I really don't know what he sees in this guy

Thanks..In that case, let's hope we don't have to play Tampa or Anaheim..or Chicago!

Screw that, bring on Tampa, would be a really fun series.

Entertaining game, too bad for Price who stole a point and Habs tied for 1st overall...nice.

Got the dreaded 1st game back after road trip out of way with a point. :clap:

Players did a bit (lot) too much standing around, walking dead type offensive push.

Price the only reason we got a point, yes but nothing new there.

12-3 tampa bay has outscored us this season so far.

fun was last spring when they had no goalie. :bonk:

He literally missed a 5ft pass to Petry with no one around, but yet this guy still logs 25mins while Beaulieu and Gonchar are tied to the bench. I've seen Therrien do these type of things way too many times. I really don't know what he sees in this guy

if therrein had his way boulion would be playing and NB would be in hamilton

How did Tampa do last spring? Hmmm? April golfing without a good goalie eh, imagine that?

Can you imagine if Habs had 5 top ten picks in last 7 years, other than the riots in Montreal and Molson run out of town for being basement dweller for years, Habs would likely have more than 1 All Star forward, but thye haven't and is price to pay for being a well run playoff team every year and winning lots, pick your poison.

I fear Don you are a masochist. It hurts me to see the Habs lose.

I want no part of TB in the playoffs, and neither should anyone else. I'm totally mercenary about it: give me the easiest path to the Finals, period. Tampa ain't that.

Yup me too.

I agree..we always suck after a long roadie. But, I bet the wives are happy

Boy there are just so many comments I could make about that statement, but i better keep it clean.

maso..what! Why scared of a good challenge, wasn't it quite 'gratifying' last year to topple the Big Bad Bruins after Habs were down and counted out by most after losing game 5 and then kicked ass 4-0 in game 6.

So why not look forward to what should be a dandy round two matchup.

Got 14 more exhibition games to get though, with a relatively healthy roster and let the fun begin!

(meanwhile; Leafs players can likely take a couple last games off, go to Georgia and catch the Masters!)

How did Tampa do last spring? Hmmm? April golfing without a good goalie eh, imagine that?

Can you imagine if Habs had 5 top ten picks in last 7 years, other than the riots in Montreal and Molson run out of town for being basement dweller for years, Habs would likely have more than 1 All Star forward, but thye haven't and is price to pay for being a well run playoff team every year and winning lots, pick your poison.

:cry_smile: