When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

This is Savard for Chelios all over again, buddy.

This management group just revealed itself to be locked into a hide-bound, unimaginative, 'old guard' thinking that only wants players to be robots. Weber is a good boy. Sure, he's a sh*ttier hockey player and on the decline with a worse contract, but who cares? He doesn't ruffle feathers.

I don't believe in that kind of thinking and have consistently declaimed on this board that it's utter garbage.

This is a bad trade in hockey terms, a bad trade in cap terms, a bad trade in ideological terms, a bad trade in marketing terms, a bad trade in terms of analytics, and a bad trade in terms of winning.

You keep trying to convince yourself that this piece of sh*t deal makes any sense. We just traded out best position player since Guy Lafleur for a declining guy with a horrible contract. Nashville is pissing their pants laughing right now.

Yep stooopid trade. There is no defending this deal. I still don't know why MB would make this deal. He got his head stuck up his a$$.

This is worse than the savard deal. Weber is better than savars was than. But we are stuck with a 10 year cap hit with a declining asset in a cap hit.

Don't worry, the geniuses will tell you that Weber's contract will be tradeable in four years when his actual paid salary drops. :crazy: Like the thought that we will eventually be able to unload the millstone makes up for the fact that we acquired a millstone.

My immediate reaction when I saw the headline was: 'Weber, plus a top-3 FW or at least a young player with high-end potential, right?'

Nope. Just Subban for Weber. Better player for worse player. And a cap savings of WOW, 1.3 million. Pop the champagne bottles.

This trade was about ego. Nothing else.

• Upvote 1

Don't worry, the geniuses will tell you that Weber's contract will be tradeable in four years when his actual paid salary drops. :crazy: Like the thought that we will eventually be able to unload the millstone makes up for the fact that we acquired a millstone.

My immediate reaction when I saw the headline was: 'Weber, plus a top-3 FW or at least a young player with high-end potential, right?'

Nope. Just Subban for Weber. Better player for worse player. And a cap savings of WOW, 1.3 million. Pop the champagne bottles.

This trade was about ego. Nothing else.

I was thinking the same... Weber and Forsberg maybe as a minimum

I think you should rethink why I said he will be trade able in 4 or 5 years. I am not defending this deal cause it is crap, but we have an out if he goes downhill like Gomez did. It is not the best solution but we can save 7 million of cap space by trading him. We aren't stuck with 10 years, we can bail. That is the only good point I can find in this deal.

I think you should rethink why I said he will be trade able in 4 or 5 years. I am not defending this deal cause it is crap, but we have an out if he goes downhill like Gomez did. It is not the best solution but we can save 7 million of cap space by trading him. We aren't stuck with 10 years, we can bail. That is the only good point I can find in this deal.

Weak post HR, Weber makes all of $6m total for his last 4 years, he does possess a 108+mph slapshot, had 14 PP goals vs Subban's 6 in total, he is respected throughout the league (Subban wasn't even on his own team), Pierre LeBrun spoke with western GMs and all said pleased he has moved to East conference and none even mentioned Subban moving west, Pat Hickey asked if Habs are better today vs yesterday and he said "Yes".

Lots of good points.

BUT, I know it dosent jive with sky is falling theme most have going here.

Weak post HR, Weber makes all of $6m total for his last 4 years, he does possess a 108+mph slapshot, had 14 PP goals vs Subban's 6 in total, he is respected throughout the league (Subban wasn't even on his own team), Pierre LeBrun spoke with western GMs and all said pleased he has moved to East conference and none even mentioned Subban moving west, Pat Hickey asked if Habs are better today vs yesterday and he said "Yes".

Lots of good points.

BUT, I know it dosent jive with sky is falling theme most have going here.

You seem to have missed the point of my post. No I don't like the trade, had we gotten a draft pick a prospect, something. I would happier with this trade. I don't think the sky is falling nor am I turning in my Habs membership. We will survive but this is tough trade to justify. Other than he and your Uncle couldn't get along.

And which trade shipping Subban wouldn't be hard to justify? And I simply lumped most into the Chicken Little category, so sorry to include you in that.

I might include majority of Habs alumni, Habs Mgmt and current roster that couldn't get alone with him or saw him as a negative distraction to the rest of team. But hopefully for him, his 76 brand is a hit in Tennessee?

One for one. Like one for ######ing one.

I'll be honest after a day my heart is still broken about the trade but me too I don't get why 1 for 1. I saw on tsn that Poile and MB talked at the draft and SW was made available then. Must there not have been chat of a pick there too? Seems to me the 'ambiance' called for it? where did that possible pick go?

I'll be honest after a day my heart is still broken about the trade but me too I don't get why 1 for 1. I saw on tsn that Poile and MB talked at the draft and SW was made available then. Must there not have been chat of a pick there too? Seems to me the 'ambiance' called for it? where did that possible pick go?

And it really isn't like MB usually he gets a pick. Can't remember the last time he did not get a pick prior to this year.

And it really isn't like MB usually he gets a pick. Can't remember the last time he did not get a pick prior to this year.

He does get picks we ( I include myself as I realised as I typed) just don't notice really I guess.

He got extra pick in 2nd round this year (traded away) and he did have extra pick in 2nd round of 2018 before he added Washington's one at draft this year and I guess you could say he swapped this years extra 2nd round for an extra 2nd round next year. :ph34r:

If he is responsible for the PK trade, I don't want him fired. Yet. I want him to fail miserably and get called out for his handling of PK. I want to see him squirm and see him publicly humiliated for destroying our relationship with the 2nd best defenseman of this era next to Karlsson. I want him shunned from the media and never hired in any capacity in the hockey world.

• Upvote 1

If he is responsible for the PK trade, I don't want him fired. Yet. I want him to fail miserably and get called out for his handling of PK. I want to see him squirm and see him publicly humiliated for destroying our relationship with the 2nd best defenseman of this era next to Karlsson. I want him shunned from the media and never hired in any capacity in the hockey world.

Yes the coach is now making the personnel decisions and the one actually pulling the strings.

So for him to fail miserably, you are advocating tanking right out of the gate in October, or just in 2nd half of season? So you must be hoping and praying Price is injured again I suppose? Nice outlook ya got there bud!

Yes the coach is now making the personnel decisions and the one actually pulling the strings.

So for him to fail miserably, you are advocating tanking right out of the gate in October, or just in 2nd half of season? So you must be hoping and praying Price is injured again I suppose? Nice outlook ya got there bud!

Don buddy, I do believe you are off on that one.

IMO BCHabnut is saying that if MT has as great of an influence as to get PK traded then he should be publicly humiliated so we can watch him (MT) squirm and for MT to never get a job in hockey world.

I don't see or read anything about tanking out of gate or otherwise or (heaven forbid) a Price injury.

You notright there bhai! :rastapop:

BCHabnut I'm with you on this.

Don buddy, I do believe you are off on that one.

IMO BCHabnut is saying that if MT has as great of an influence as to get PK traded then he should be publicly humiliated so we can watch him (MT) squirm and for MT to never get a job in hockey world.

I don't see or read anything about tanking out of gate or otherwise or (heaven forbid) a Price injury.

You notright there bhai! :rastapop:

BCHabnut I'm with you on this.

You want the coach to fail 'miserably', so what must happen for that to happen? The team must fail 'miserably' mustn't it? .

You want the coach to fail 'miserably', so what must happen for that to happen? The team must fail 'miserably' mustn't it? .

yes most likely that is the easiest way.

yet,

I have faith hockey is stronger then that in HabsLand and the Team does well and because the Team does well it can expose MT for the clown that he is.

I know this is a miracle and that is why I say: faith.

IMO BCHabnut had a little of that in his post :)

Guest Stogey24

Hal Gil- "It would be hard for me to say I'm surprised by this exchange, admitted Gill. Apparently he had trouble with Michel Therrien ... Myself, I've been there! It can be difficult to play for such a coach, then they indeed had a dispute

Translated from French.

BCHabnut you want MT to fail miserably like he did last year and the year before that we see what happens with that, they trade the best player what will happen when he fails again this year will they trade price or gally or patch who is next to go before they get rid of MT. Short term this is a good trade 3 to 4 years max after that is a really bad trade so when people say the habs are better today they are right will the be better tomorrow hell no and then they go and sign Radulov who may have a worse attitude than PK

yes most likely that is the easiest way.

yet,

I have faith hockey is stronger then that in HabsLand and the Team does well and because the Team does well it can expose MT for the clown that he is.

I know this is a miracle and that is why I say: faith.

IMO BCHabnut had a little of that in his post :)

Sorry, don't believe in miracles...Faith in the organization I got, but seems to be lacking for some others; however, I actually think the team is shaping up quite well for 16-17 season and am quite looking forward to mid-October.

MY guess is that Therrien has 30 games this year...if the team is struggling by the 30 game mark, he'll get the boot. Either that or the fans will demand his head on a plate!

MY guess is that Therrien has 30 games this year...if the team is struggling by the 30 game mark, he'll get the boot. Either that or the fans will demand his head on a plate!

The team won't struggle as long as Price is healthy - unless, of course, the players have tuned Therrien out. It would be hilarious if Weber ended up leading a rebellion against the coach :D Hey, a man can dream.

• Upvote 1