Tomas Plekanec #1 Center!

ICEWATER77

Be honest now, I'm just wondering how many of you are being forced to eat your words? It wasn't too long ago that Pleks was being mentioned in every trade imaginable. Now look what he's doing...or wait, let me guess, he's "lucky" to be playing alongside Galchenyuk? Yeah I'm sure that's it... :bonk:

be honest now...lol ............. Pleks and DD stinking the joint out in edmonton.

Tell me again how this team does not need a bonofide no 1 center

Tokarski wasn't a liability, he just showed up and did his job. He didn't help, but he didn't hurt. No way the overtime winner from MSL goes in on Price. The team most likely played a tighter game on defense to compensate for having a rookie in net

Boston doesn't have an elite centre. No, Krejci and Bergeron don't count...they're comparable to what we've already got.

you are kidding right

Crosby and Getzlaf teams didn't make final 4.

Why not, they are serious contending teams with All Star centres & wingers?

Why the underachieving occurred for them and overachieving by a tiny soft team with a hobbit-smurf and little girl as top 2 centres?

Not supposed to be possible I keep hearing?

Thats right they are "serious contending teams" (both players have cup rings with their team).

Habs are not serious contenders

you get it

So poor coaching was issue?

How bout if you remove Lundqvist and add back in Price to series, any difference to result you think....even with Frodo as #1a and Smurfette as 1b centre?

habs created a grand total of two....count em two scoring chances in game six. (one by chucky, one by vanek)

rangers took away the stretch pass that game. habs never adjusted. kept trying same thing. ALL game.

I agree with Chris Nilan "habs were out coached in that totally winnable series"

Exactly....

I don't see the team as needing that elite center to be a contender, at least not in the East, make the finals and anything can happen with a deep and balanced team....

Galchenyuk is going to be a force every shift, and is as close to elite as we Habs fans have seen in decades, I'll take him and the balance and depth we have over paying 10 mil for one player....

dont like to say it...........but reality is the habs would not stand a chance against the kins in a seven game series in june

dont like to say it...........but reality is the habs would not stand a chance against the kins in a seven game series in june

sp - kings

So poor coaching was issue?

How bout if you remove Lundqvist and add back in Price to series, any difference to result you think....even with Frodo as #1a and Smurfette as 1b centre?

Yes, Tokarski played well and gave us a chance to win that series. But the main factor in my opinion not having Price playing was his puck handling abilities. Habs couldn't get going from their own end against the aggressive forecheck of the Rangers, and to me, that was the biggest reason why we lost. Having 31 in nets for that series drastically changes the complexion of how the games were played.

I get that it's an 82 game season, but it would be nice for the Habs to win in Calgary and Edmonton once in a while so I don't have to take the annual abuse from Edmonton and flames fans, despite both of those teams being non-playoff teams.

be honest now...lol ............. Pleks and DD stinking the joint out in edmonton.

Tell me again how this team does not need a bonofide no 1 center

Wow, this guy is the worst. Really suprising to see this kind of behavior on HW. The small size of the board is a blessing in disguise. Usually invalids like this want the biggest audience possible for their attention seeking behavior and stick to ruining EOTP or HIO.

In summation:

*Plekanec is garbage.

*Therrien is garbage.

*The Habs need a bonafide number 1 center.

That's that. No need for this guy to post ever again.