All Star Rosters Announced

Fanpuck33

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...rticleid=287061

Souray, Crosby and Ovechkin deserved it in the East, while all three Sabres on the starting team are poor picks. Lots of players better than them to choose from.

The West roster has more deserving players, though Cheechoo is an absolute joke. Sakic doesn't have starter stats, but he's earned it.

Ya i noticed the West looked like actual proven players, while the east had some interesting picks, the West must be better if the two best defenseman in the east our souray and campbell, haha lol

suprised all the TO fans didnt try and get one of ther guys there

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...rticleid=287061

Souray, Crosby and Ovechkin deserved it in the East, while all three Sabres on the starting team are poor picks. Lots of players better than them to choose from.

The West roster has more deserving players, though Cheechoo is an absolute joke. Sakic doesn't have starter stats, but he's earned it.

Souray is a starter!!! That's cool! First Habs starter since, what, Roy in 93?

Cristobal Huet *, MTL 123,590

Write in candidate, not too shabby... what pisses me off is that he's after Raycroft (wtf?) Lethonen and Kolzig...

Souray is a starter!!! That's cool! First Habs starter since, what, Roy in 93?

Cristobal Huet *, MTL 123,590

Write in candidate, not too shabby... what pisses me off is that he's after Raycroft (wtf?) Lethonen and Kolzig...

Huet's not really a "big" name in the NHL yet but he definitely should be a starter based on stats. Of course, it's a popularity contest and not a stats war.

The only thing I find REALLY questionable is Cheechoo over Iginla. Although I bet Iggy would rather have the time to recover form his injury anyway. I wanted to see Liles get named to the team later (I knew he wouldn't be a starter) but now he's out for a month so he can kiss the All-Star game goodbye.

The only thing I find REALLY questionable is Cheechoo over Iginla. Although I bet Iggy would rather have the time to recover form his injury anyway. I wanted to see Liles get named to the team later (I knew he wouldn't be a starter) but now he's out for a month so he can kiss the All-Star game goodbye.

I think all three Sabres are lousy picks. There are 5 forwards with more points than Briere in the East, and none have horrible +/-. There are a half dozen better goalies in the East than Miller, with Martin Brodeur putting up MUCH better numbers on a worse team. Nearly a half dozen D-men in the East are better than Campbell, including Markov.

I think all three Sabres are lousy picks. There are 5 forwards with more points than Briere in the East, and none have horrible +/-. There are a half dozen better goalies in the East than Miller, with Martin Brodeur putting up MUCH better numbers on a worse team. Nearly a half dozen D-men in the East are better than Campbell, including Markov.

You have to remember though, the fact Buffalo is the best team in the East works in their favor. I agree on Miller and Campbell but I don't think Briere is a lousy pick at all.

Fans pick the starters, but the NHL picks the rest of the players. So Huet and other Habs still have a chance. The entire thing isn't dependant on the ballots. (From what I understand anyway)

Honestly, does the All-Star game have any relevance anymore? The last time it had any relevance, in my opinion, was back when the defending Cup champs had to face the rest of the league's All-Star's in a game to defend their honour. The problem with the game is that, because of the nature of the sport, injury is a real risk, so the game is played entirely differently than the way any real hockey game would be played. It's an embarassment to the sport, as I see it. Any new fans coming to watch the contest and then going to see a real NHL game would be put off entirely. From a free-wheeling contest of run and gun to a tight checking, low-chance affair? The highlight is the skills competition, insofar as a boring day of very little happening can be considered a highlight.

My only hope for the festivities, if I can use that word without making myself laugh (only because of the bitterness the stupid game brings me do I keep my face straight) is that no habs gets injured. Hardest shot? With Souray of course... wouldn't it just be grand if he tweaks his wrist? Or if Huet (should he be invited) take a shot off the finger, breaking it?

Tradition is great usually, but some traditions need to die. This is one.

lol killing off an all star game thats never going to happen.

No kidding. It's not like the NHL is the only league with a pointless all-star game. Sure, the winning team gets homefield advantage for the World Series but the MLB's is just as bad. The Pro Bowl is boring since no one wants to really lay a guy out. The worse by far though is the NBA. Lets all stand around while the guy with the ball shoots. The team on defense may as well have a cup of tea for all the good they do.

If anythings entertaining, it's the pre-game stuff. The skills competition, the home run derby, the slam dunk contest. NFL has a QB challenge but I don't even know if they do that anymore. And when they did, it wasn't even a Pro Bowl related event, they held it during the summer.

They probably shouldn't even play a game anymore .... they should just make it a big skills compitition .. each team can send there three best players ( shooter, skater, goalie, etc ) ... just celebrate the game and get the fans actually involved with contests and games ... have average people go one on one's with real goalies ( of course fans that can actually play alittle ) etc ... something like that .... a game doesn't really mean anything ... unless they wanted to make it an outdoor pond game or something different like that.

Or better yet .. make it like a nascar event ... where they use a football stadium .. have a bunch of tail gate parties ... make like 6-8 rinks on the field / or outside and have the pro players actually take the time to help people learn how to play the game and interact with fans. would be something different :) then maybe have a real game like they did with that outdoor mtl vs. edm game.

Best solution could be to hold the All Star game after the Cup Finals. It is how football does theirs. Only problem would be all the europeans that go home at the end of the season or throughout the playoffs.

Rest of the rosters and Youngstars game were filled today

All-Star rosters

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=287350

Youngstars rosters

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=287353

Liles would be on the All-Star team ahead of Visnovsky if not for his foot injury. And Stastny should be on there ahead of Stempniak. Other then that though, not a whole lot missing. Iginla would be on there if he weren't injured as well. Injuries kinda hinder the teams, you could take Timonen off as well and put Pronger on. Is every team represented?

since global warming is happening here's an idea play the All star game outdoors.

Nothing better then playing the game looking at mountains or the outdoors.

Yeah it would be a PR move but it would work and make people interested in the game.

But then the All Star game couldn't be held in the south because that would look just too odd.

for the young guns all star, I believe that latendresse should've been there. not flashy yet consistent since early november.

I just saw that kovalchuk wasn't going ??!! come on !! why the hell can smyth go when kovalchuk gets denied( yeah I know, they're not in the same conf.)

Jagr, Kovalchuk and Pronger missed them but Justin Williams, Jason Blake and Yannick frikkin Perrault made them? I mean, forget about guys liek Koivu and Sundin, the 3 I named should have been locks.

It's too bad Gui missed the youngstars team. Ah well.

Jagr, Kovalchuk and Pronger missed them but Justin Williams, Jason Blake and Yannick frikkin Perrault made them? I mean, forget about guys liek Koivu and Sundin, the 3 I named should have been locks.

It's too bad Gui missed the youngstars team. Ah well.

They're not taking guys with injuries, whether they'll be back before the game or not. Iginla should be ready to go before the All-Star game but he's still not going, they're giving the guys with injuries time off. Pronger would've been a lock if it weren't for his foot.