Grabovski back to Hamilton

Talon

He'll be back. He's going back down to the Bulldogs to help the team out (Bulldogs team that is). They are in a bit of a rut and it's partly due to injuries and call-ups to the NHL. Grabs plays great with Kostitsyn in AHL, and since Grabs got called up, I've noticed Kostitsyn's production dropped.

Lapierre will likely be the next victim unless Murray or Downey are moved out, which is unlikely because I feel they would have been moved by now if there was any takers.

I have a feeling that, after that display, Gainey is worried less about a second line centre for the future. More important now is getting better high end defenders. If we deal for a centre, it'll probably be a UFA because it would seem to me that Grabs will be offered that position to lose next season (if not later this year). He was lightning with a stick out there. If he was sent down, it was with instructions to pay particular attention to his defensive game, but with the acknowledgement that he played extremely well and has a bright future with the club.

If we do deal for a "star centre" it will have to be a high quality one, and I would guess that Grabs would be part of any deal to bring one here.

More likely to me is that we deal some of our young depth (make no mistake, Montreal is now a very deep club) for an upgrade on the blueline. If we have one gaping hole in our future plans, it's the lack of high quality defensive defenders. We have a mobile lot right now, but other than Markov, most are prone to serious defensive error. It would be nice to have another solid guy who we can rely on to be defensively conscientious on a routine basis.

Anyhow, this is Grabber's thread. Good on him. All that needs to happen now is that he choose a number OTHER than fifty freakin' nine. The Habs have retired a lot of numbers, for sure, but really, we still have PLENTY available under 40. lol

Anyhow, this is Grabber's thread. Good on him. All that needs to happen now is that he choose a number OTHER than fifty freakin' nine. The Habs have retired a lot of numbers, for sure, but really, we still have PLENTY available under 40. lol

59 because he's 5'9. But you probably already knew that eh? Stop whining!

:D

(HWL joke: Dallas Sucks!)

59 because he's 5'9. But you probably already knew that eh? Stop whining!

:D

(HWL joke: Dallas Sucks!)

Actually, I didn't know that. Tell me you're just making that up. PLEASE. *laughs*

(And yet another player who, so far, plays a LOT bigger than he is.)

Oh yeah, and Dallas sucks. Hear my rallying cry, fellow HWLer.

I think if they had to make the choice between Lapierre and Grabovsky I would take Lapierre, the Canadian don't have any fowards that actually hit, they get pushed over like ping pong balls,... I think it's stupid... The only ones that hit are Lats and Begin, but Begin is injured... I think we need a player like Lapierre.

Actually, I didn't know that. Tell me you're just making that up. PLEASE. *laughs*

(And yet another player who, so far, plays a LOT bigger than he is.)

Oh yeah, and Dallas sucks. Hear my rallying cry, fellow HWLer.

It's true.

Also, TSN.ca's Ice Chips is reporting that Lapierre will center Samsonov and Kovalev until Bonk is ready to return (likely Saturday). I suppose that means that Murray will be back on the 4th line.

Grabovski was uber exciting and had unbelievable speed.

He wears #31 in Hamilton anyone know what he wears internationally?

I am sure he will be with the Canadiens next season at the latest.

Things to work on.

1. Make less blind passes

2. Work on faceoffs

3. Work on defensive coverage

4. Learn to stay on your feet longer when taking a hit.

Good thing is that he got attention for next year.

I would have liked to see him with someone else than our louzy second line.

I would see him with Ryder and Latendresse while Koivu-Kovy-Higgins

on the first line.

Wrong thread for this, however...

I don't understand why everyone wants to see Koivu and Kovalev together. On the one hand, yes, it gives Koivu that elite winger and puts our offensive weapons out there to make things happen, but on the other hand, it allows the opposition the ability to put a blanket over our best line with their best defensive line. The more you spread out your talent, the better chance you have at overwhelming a defense. As an opposing coach, I'd be thrilled to see the two together, particularly if I had one of the better shut-down lines in the league.

Carbo's number one goal, I would think, is to find ways to keep Kovalev motivated and with the right quality players on his line to keep him producing at five on five. So far, it's been a struggle, but it hasn't been the total plonk that many believe. The issue is more with Samsonov than anyone else, and I don't mean that in a fully negative way. While he hasn't been the best, and he certainly struggles more as the season goes on and his confidence continues to waver, but he's still getting chances. Not worth the money, for sure, but that topic is for another thread.

Good thing is that he got attention for next year.

I would have liked to see him with someone else than our louzy second line.

I would see him with Ryder and Latendresse while Koivu-Kovy-Higgins

on the first line.

Ok Grabovsky Kosti chip Lapierre

Thats four players capable of playing next year!

Kosty wont handle another bad camp so he makes the team or is shipped out

Were gonna have to make alot of room

Bonk and Johnson are not gonna stick I am almost sure of it unless a dramatic Playoff season!

Grabovsky looked awfully good. The 'new NHL' has really created a whole new value for little speedsters like him. They're thriving around the league, and hopefully Grabovsky will too.

Hey, at least Lapierre looks like he'll get another game. Watching these young guys excell is a treat.

Loved seeing this future star play and hope he is back soon, though not because of injury. My main concern with his play was his poor as pea faceoff percentage. Don't know the exact figure but it seemed he was beaten most draws. Maybe a move to wing would benefit him? If not he better really start working on this important part of his game. Great skater. Nice smooth puck control. Like all his linemates though, he didn't hit mesh. Hope that changes next time up.

I think that Grabovski or Kostitsyn, (or both) will be dealt at the trade deadline. There is no room for them on the roster, too many similar type players who are older and better. Plus there are some good kids coming up behind them. Hopefully a few scouts saw Grabovski play in the NHL and the team can get something for him. Kostitsyn will be harder to deal because he is a more one dimensional player, and pretty much has to play on the top two lines to be of any use.

Good Lord no man... there will be room for them next year. Kostitsyn and Grabovsky are a big, big part of our future ... we better not trade that away. Trade away the older and less productive veterans. Next year Samsonov won't be here, Bonk will probably be gone, as will Johnson.

Grabovsky will be our 2nd line center next year. He could be the next Daniel Briere.

I think that Grabovski or Kostitsyn, (or both) will be dealt at the trade deadline. There is no room for them on the roster, too many similar type players who are older and better. Plus there are some good kids coming up behind them. Hopefully a few scouts saw Grabovski play in the NHL and the team can get something for him. Kostitsyn will be harder to deal because he is a more one dimensional player, and pretty much has to play on the top two lines to be of any use.

Good Lord no man... there will be room for them next year. Kostitsyn and Grabovsky are a big, big part of our future ... we better not trade that away. Trade away the older and less productive veterans. Next year Samsonov won't be here, Bonk will probably be gone, as will Johnson.

Grabovsky will be our 2nd line center next year. He could be the next Daniel Briere.

Bingo Canajun.

The only way the Habs trade these guys would be for the likes of a game breaker ala Ovechkin or Crosby and because it is highly doubtful that either of these two guys are traded I will be Grabovski and Kostitsyn become major parts of the Canadiens at the latest next season. Kostitsyn had a great training camp this year and was sent down because Latendresse was just as good and could not play in the AHL.

Right on JMMR.

Hey, your banner should say "Brain Thrust", not "Brain Trust".... just wanted to point that out to ya. :-)

Oh, and "Brainthrust" should be just one word too. Nice lookin banner though!

No a Brain Trust is a group of great decision makers you surround yourself with.