Game Thread | Montreal vs. Ottawa | 01/13/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Hour to Game time!

I'm really pulling for our second line today. They need to get on track and make things happen that result in points; not just scoring chances...

The team will be pumped. Big 4 points in it for us today.

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

That was a typical bad decision by Rivet. All he had to do was skate, or fire it along the boards. Instead, he tried the cutsey little soft bounce off the boards, sending the puck right out in front.

Damn near every goal he is on the ice for lately. He is usually the guy who screwed up the clear, or missed his assignment. If he doesn't get his head back it the game soon, he is going to ensure he doesn't get a new contract.

And actually it was Souray who missed the assignment in front. Rivet was being checked in the corner when Alfredsson made the pass in front.

Ah no. Rivet bounced it off the boards right to Alfy. It was on his side, why would Souray be in Rivet's spot? Why would Rivet send it out front? I know he was trying to chip it to Koivu who was in the corner, but it is a risky play when you can see Alfy coming down the slot.

That was a typical bad decision by Rivet. All he had to do was skate, or fire it along the boards. Instead, he tried the cutsey little soft bounce off the boards, sending the puck right out in front.

Damn near every goal he is on the ice for lately. He is usually the guy who screwed up the clear, or missed his assignment. If he doesn't get his head back it the game soon, he is going to ensure he doesn't get a new contract.

Ah no. Rivet bounced it off the boards right to Alfy. It was on his side, why would Souray be in Rivet's spot? Why would Rivet send it out front? I know he was trying to chip it to Koivu who was in the corner, but it is a risky play when you can see Alfy coming down the slot.

And for the record, I have defended Rivet as a non-flashy, but solid guy for years. But the last 20 games are really testing my faith in him. Mostly mental mistakes, not sure what is going on with him lately. Lack of confidence perhaps.