~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if I can't have my own thread, I'll stick here... foolish or not.

It's never worth it to get into a big argument, because with you it's usually pointless. Like seriously, start your own PS3 thread. What's stopping you?

Yes the PS3 is great in it's own right and it's blu-ray compatible, but the 360 has better games and a better online interface. That's my preference of course but I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me.

First post in a while and haven't seen this thread...

I got an XBOX 360 in july and got live in November. I just got NHL 08 for Christmas and it messes up alot. The game freezes and messes up my live connection. Im not sure if this is a common problem. :huh:

AND

ive actually had a red ring around the power button before, it was like that for like 5 min and then my xbox just turned on.

My brother-in-law and his wife have Guitar Hero (1-3) for the PS2. Interesting games. Mostly crap songs, mind you. Pretty simple at the basic level. I usually get anywhere between 96-99%. Went to medium and was still getting 90-95%. Dunno whether I have the patience or interest to go any further, mind you. Tough to get into something when you're playing crap songs all the time.

I'll give you 1 and 2 (2 is horrible) but 3 has some fantastic songs.

And why even bother starting with Easy or Medium? The only time I ever use Medium is just so I can make it through Dragonforce's song. :wacko:

nah, I'll dig my "hole" in here for a while

061222_2.jpg

Seriously Alex, piss off. I loathe all this gaming hate and I've said it before. It's all about playing games and the hate isn't needed if the industry wants to be taken seriously. You don't see movie fans arguing over what format is the best.

umm... I think that taunt actually works the other way.

No, Pierre has it right. A little while after the PS3 was released, it had overheating problems the same way the 360 did. One particular person modded his into a grill after it broke down and it became it an internet joke.

First post in a while and haven't seen this thread...

I got an XBOX 360 in july and got live in November. I just got NHL 08 for Christmas and it messes up alot. The game freezes and messes up my live connection. Im not sure if this is a common problem. :huh:

It's a common problem but it's not the 360, it's NHL. Go exchange it for another copy if you still can, EA just uses really cheap supplies just so they can get a larger profit margin.

Thought I'd say but I replaced my NHL copy that I scratched for a brand new copy yesterday so I'm back in business. ;) In NHL anyways.

So... Maca... got Halo yet? :P I'm just kidding.

Thought I'd say but I replaced my NHL copy that I scratched for a brand new copy yesterday so I'm back in business. ;) In NHL anyways.

So... Maca... got Halo yet? :P I'm just kidding.

for free or for 60$

Seriously Alex, piss off. I loathe all this gaming hate and I've said it before. It's all about playing games and the hate isn't needed if the industry wants to be taken seriously. You don't see movie fans arguing over what format is the best.

Jets, you know I'm fooling around eh?! It's nothing serious there, I've played XBox 360 and loved it. I'm just a "PS" guy, that's all... And since I now have a "console" I wanna hang out in "console talks".

(I didn't have one since I co-owned a 64 with my brother -- according to my parents, but it was in his bedroom, and he was buying all the games--, or since I borrowed him his PS to play FFVII... Before that, it was a Sega Genesis AND a Super Nintendo... and Before that it was a NES and an Atari 2600... Since the "co property" of the 64, my brother has bought a Game Cube, a Xbox, a Wii and a DS... I've played on the Xbox the most and I always enjoyed it. There is no "hate" there.)

BTW, Blu-Ray is the best format ^_^

:lol:

for free or for 60$

Jets, you know I'm fooling around eh?! It's nothing serious there, I've played XBox 360 and loved it. I'm just a "PS" guy, that's all... And since I now have a "console" I wanna hang out in "console talks".

(I didn't have one since I co-owned a 64 with my brother -- according to my parents, but it was in his bedroom, and he was buying all the games--, or since I borrowed him his PS to play FFVII... Before that, it was a Sega Genesis AND a Super Nintendo... and Before that it was a NES and an Atari 2600... Since the "co property" of the 64, my brother has bought a Game Cube, a Xbox, a Wii and a DS... I've played on the Xbox the most and I always enjoyed it. There is no "hate" there.)

BTW, Blu-Ray is the best format ^_^

:lol:

this post is funny, i don't know why

I could get you in touch with my dad, so that you could chat about how your sons got a ps3 for christmas :lol:

HAH! I KNEW IT! YOU'RE ONLY 12 YEARS OLD!!!!!!

:unsure:

I'll give you 1 and 2 (2 is horrible) but 3 has some fantastic songs.

Interesting. I thought 2 was BY FAR the best for songs. One was okay and three was so bad I took a look through the song list, played about 3 and left because I couldn't stand barely any of them.

I went ahead and bought GH3, but got it for the PS2. I didn't really see any reason to wait around for a working Wii version, plus this way I can play 1 and 2 also. Fun stuff, even though I find it extremely difficult. I hate you, Jets, for not even bothering with medium. It just took me an hour to beat Tom Morello on medium, and I've only gone over 90% once so far on medium. I think it is starting to come along a little, though, my mind is finally starting to wrap around the fact there are four frets instead of three. I have real trouble doing real quick stuff with my pinky for blue. I can't even fathom adding the 5th fret.

I went ahead and bought GH3, but got it for the PS2. I didn't really see any reason to wait around for a working Wii version, plus this way I can play 1 and 2 also. Fun stuff, even though I find it extremely difficult. I hate you, Jets, for not even bothering with medium. It just took me an hour to beat Tom Morello on medium, and I've only gone over 90% once so far on medium. I think it is starting to come along a little, though, my mind is finally starting to wrap around the fact there are four frets instead of three. I have real trouble doing real quick stuff with my pinky for blue. I can't even fathom adding the 5th fret.

small hands eh?

I could get you in touch with my dad, so that you could chat about how your sons got a ps3 for christmas :lol:

Ouch man ...ouch

That's just mean.

I feel old enough on here with all you kiddies

:unsure:

small hands eh?

I'm 5'8 with shoes on a good day, so yeah. But the problem is really how difficult it is to move to move only the middle and pinky fingers on the blue/red alternating notes. Not too bad when there's a beat or two in between, but almost impossible for me to move them quick enough on consecutive beats.

Got Halo but I haven't been able to get into an online game yet. Help?

I went through all the matchmaking combos and such and while it loads up with all player slots filled (without saying who the players are) it reverts back to searching for a match instead of loading me into a game. Maybe I'm just a big newb but I'm worried there may be another problem?

I was able to join a game that one of my friends was playing (custom game - not ranked). So I've played online, but can't join in on any old match.