Game Thread | 2007 NHL All-Star Game | 24.01.07

Cataclaw

Not sure if this counts for much, but Huet let in the least amount of goals... also faced the least amounts of shots... but whatever... Him and Souray looked good... I loved the Souray shot past Turco...

Souray scores on both nets and Huet only lets in 2 while making some big saves. At least he had no chance on the goals he let in.

Not that bad from our guys indeed. Still, wasn't much of a game.

Luongo had the same thing with CBC, that was pretty cool. Talking to Jim Hughson while he's stretching in the crease, lol, I liked it.

They had mics everywhere pretty much. Ruff and Carlyle were mic'd, Smyth had a mic. I think Jovo had a mic.

No defense no hitting no meaning = BORING game

Gotta luv the answer of Simon Gagné when Benoit Brunet on RDS asked him after the Shootout competition if Flyers practiced shootout during practices.

He answered : Actually not very much. We lost our last game in shootout. These points are very important, well, not really for us though, but .....

:lol::lol::lol: Gagné is way too honest !!! They won't make the playoffs even with a 7 wins streak !!!!

Glad this game is over. :puke: ................now let's get back to REAL HOCKEY!

Actually I watched it, on the small TV (with the sound down) while Corner Gas, Simpsons South Park played on the 34" with sound...

I guess I never noticed this till last night, but the way the NHL decides winning and losing goalies is preposterous. Huet gets the loss despite being the best Eastern goalie? What a joke. Marty gave up 6 goals, the West went ahead and never lost that lead, he should get the loss.

Think about, Abby gives up 5 goals on 5 shots and is yanked after 10 minutes. Huet comes in and gives up 1 goal the rest of the game, while the Habs storm back and make it a 6-5 final. How stupid is it that Huet would be credited with the loss?

They were gonna do the same with with Brodeur, until Rolston broke the mic. Though, I still don't know what the mic equipment was doing down by his pads.

Wasn't it Brodeur who complained about Rolston making a slapshot during a shootout? Found it funny to see rolston make one on Brodeur during the game hehe

I guess I never noticed this till last night, but the way the NHL decides winning and losing goalies is preposterous. Huet gets the loss despite being the best Eastern goalie? What a joke. Marty gave up 6 goals, the West went ahead and never lost that lead, he should get the loss.

Think about, Abby gives up 5 goals on 5 shots and is yanked after 10 minutes. Huet comes in and gives up 1 goal the rest of the game, while the Habs storm back and make it a 6-5 final. How stupid is it that Huet would be credited with the loss?

It is a bit odd but doing it any other way would just make deciding who lost the game a bit of a guessing game this way it is an exact science.

Wasn't it Brodeur who complained about Rolston making a slapshot during a shootout? Found it funny to see rolston make one on Brodeur during the game hehe

:clap: would like to see Ovechkin do so with his coloured peak ...

It is a bit odd but doing it any other way would just make deciding who lost the game a bit of a guessing game this way it is an exact science.

Do it like baseball pitching. Whoever gives up the lead gets the loss as long as his team never ties the game. An exact science that credits the loss to the goalie who gives up the last lead.