Honestly.. is this a surprise?

Aebischer4life

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost. It was to the Leafs and we are all just disgusted :puke: . What makes it worse is that we have waited a week for our Habs. So, that makes it sting even more. If the Buffalo victory last weekend had occured last thursday, would we be this gloomy? No

TAKE A DEEP BREATH ALL, AND RELAX :D

Tomorrow #29 and the win will make it better. We'll see you on February 26th Toronto. By then we might have made a trade that truly disgusts you :P .

February 26th, we'll get it back. :hlogo:

I have said it before, it is not the loss that bothers me, it is the showing! Go ahead lose, that is enivitable but I want a full 60 minutes worth of effort, the fans deserve that much. If the whole team was trying but still losing it would be alot easier to diagnose the problems but how do you motivate an entire team to play a sport they supposedly love in a rivalry that goes back 80 years?

It's mind boggling.

agreed, we need to get a guy who can put up the points. Our fowards are lacking in points. We all thought that Sammy was the answer last year, we've got to make a huge trade soon. Abby/ 1st draft pick.

I have said it before, it is not the loss that bothers me, it is the showing! Go ahead lose, that is enivitable but I want a full 60 minutes worth of effort, the fans deserve that much. If the whole team was trying but still losing it would be alot easier to diagnose the problems but how do you motivate an entire team to play a sport they supposedly love in a rivalry that goes back 80 years?

It's mind boggling.

No team plays 60 minutes for 82 consecutive games, hell show me a team that does it for even half. AT best you can hope for 60-70 game's controling 80% of the game. There will always be games the Habs do not play well.

Hell I enjoy wearing blinders as much as the next guy so sure. If you want to ignore reality and just stare at the positive and completely ignore everything else why don't we take the red out of our colours and call ourselves Montreal Maple Leaf JRs.

I just prefer to look at the big picture and not make brash decisions based on the Habs last game. I know it hurts when the lose and there is always the what have you done for me lately approach.

In no way will I forget the Habs struggles over the last 15-16 games but there is still lots of hockey to be played and thus far the Habs are in pretty good shape.

Come on OSM let’s get behind out favourite team that includes all 23 players the coaches and GM.

It's mind boggling.

I hear ya. We win 2 games and seem to turn the corner. Even strength to boot! And then, this? I don't want to make the week off an excuse. It's not an excuse!

I was not pleased with Souray getting the unsportsman like call. He's one of our leaders. He ought to know better.

The players were flying and played a high tempo game but were caught out of position trying too hard and fast. Most transition plays were neutralized. The chances we had were stolen by Raycroft.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I'm not sure you could say the were flying, they spent the whole first 2 periods in there own end. The leafs put it on cruise control in the third. That also helped make the shots look clser. I think they had like 13 after 2 periods. That is pathetic, the leafs are one of the worst Defenses in the league.

No team plays 60 minutes for 82 consecutive games, hell show me a team that does it for even half. AT best you can hope for 60-70 game's controling 80% of the game. There will always be games the Habs do not play well.

I just prefer to look at the big picture and not make brash decisions based on the Habs last game. I know it hurts when the lose and there is always the what have you done for me lately approach.

In no way will I forget the Habs struggles over the last 15-16 games but there is still lots of hockey to be played and thus far the Habs are in pretty good shape.

Come on OSM let’s get behind out favourite team that includes all 23 players the coaches and GM.

Lots of teams play full 60 minute games, ever watch the oilers? Sure they are barely over .500 hockey but damn they don't give up until the last second. I am not just looking at the last game, I am looking at this whole season and they way they play exactly the same as they did for the last 5 seasons. I get behind the team and rave about the things I like but I also rave about the things that look bad and lately all I get to cheer about is Huet and Plekanec.

There is alot of hockey to be played but that is exactly why changes need to be made before there isn't alot of hockey to be played.

I'm not sure you could say the were flying, they spent the whole first 2 periods in there own end. The leafs put it on cruise control in the third. That also helped make the shots look clser. I think they had like 13 after 2 periods. That is pathetic, the leafs are one of the worst Defenses in the league.

I meant both offensively and defensively that when they skated fast it was either to deliver a check or to intercept the puck. Most times the speed I'm referring to caused a missed hit or a player overskating the puck.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Sorry, i still don't know what you mean but the Leafs are one of the slowest teams in the league if your outskated by them you are slow, or lazy.

Very true, when this team wants to be we have breakaway speed but how often do we ever get a break away? Rarely. One thing that drives me up the wall is we will get a turnover but somehow 4 out of 5 of the opposition will beat everyone on our team back into their own zone.

Another thing that makes me want to scream is we have such a bad first pass and we have very few players who can gain us the offensive zone. Kovalev has the stick handling ability to get us in but he is so slow he usually has 2 guys on him once he gets the line.

Ottawa is gonna manhandle us and it will be very embarassing unless the other Habs show up.

Very true, when this team wants to be we have breakaway speed but how often do we ever get a break away? Rarely. One thing that drives me up the wall is we will get a turnover but somehow 4 out of 5 of the opposition will beat everyone on our team back into their own zone.

Another thing that makes me want to scream is we have such a bad first pass and we have very few players who can gain us the offensive zone. Kovalev has the stick handling ability to get us in but he is so slow he usually has 2 guys on him once he gets the line.

Ottawa is gonna manhandle us and it will be very embarassing unless the other Habs show up.

Woah... since when is Kovalev slow? Sure he doesnt rush into the zone like Bure but he's not slow. He likes to slow the game down.

Woah... since when is Kovalev slow? Sure he doesnt rush into the zone like Bure but he's not slow. He likes to slow the game down.

If he doesn't want to be slow, he's not slow. However, rarely does Kovy want to skate hard. Watching him, especially against Toronto, it looked like Kovalev was wearing cinderblocks instead of skates. He can be damn slow if he doesn't try.

If he doesn't want to be slow, he's not slow. However, rarely does Kovy want to skate hard. Watching him, especially against Toronto, it looked like Kovalev was wearing cinderblocks instead of skates. He can be damn slow if he doesn't try.

Kovalev played a pretty good game last night. Demers who pretty much bashes him every chance he gets admitted that Kov was the best player on the habs last night.

He did try.. just because he doesnt rush doesnt mean he wasnt trying. What Kovalev does is deke around 2 guys and open space for his linemates. Sorta like Mario.

wow the naysayers are out in full force again. lol

Please stop this is getting beyond silly.

It doesn't matter how many 70+ points people you have on your team that doesn't = wins just ask Pittsburgh. geez!

Look at the other sports will you please? Who won the World Series this year. The Cardinals with no pitching and one hitter and a bunch of hacks who played together as a team.

Look at last year with the Oilers. No big stars except for Pronger and look where they went to, a game 7 in the finals.

Stop looking at the stats and look how the teams plays well AS A TEAM. HOCKEY IS NOT AN INDIVIDUAL SPORT THIS ISN'T GOLF!!!

Kovalev played a pretty good game last night. Demers who pretty much bashes him every chance he gets admitted that Kov was the best player on the habs last night.

He did try.. just because he doesnt rush doesnt mean he wasnt trying. What Kovalev does is deke around 2 guys and open space for his linemates. Sorta like Mario.

I agree that Kovalev played well last night. He still did look slow, and for some unknown reason he is on the PK :?- . He was incredibly slow on the D to D passes and when that pass went to Kubina, Kovalev who was covering him was WAY out of position and he had a clear path to the net. Goal.

Other than that, he played well, created some nifty opportunities in the offensive zone. Another thing that makes me want to rip the hair out of my head though is when he received a pass, probably 13 feet from the net, nobody in front of him and what does he do? What he usually tries to do, go top shelf and the puck soared like 4 feet high and wide of the net. Please Kovalev, in times like those, just get it on the net at least to hope for a rebound.

Laziness aside, I love kovalev, and in no way am I intending on bashing him, especially as he was one of our better players on Saturday night...I just hope he finds his game. If Higgins, Kovalev, Samsonov and Ryder find their games again, this is one scary team.

And to say we are gonna beat the Sens wouln't be a surprise either.

We never know what to expect from the guys.

There is a lot of if and if they turn this around all of the bashers will jump right back in the bandwagon.

I'm still in, i just don't give up for a bad streak.

I agree that Kovalev played well last night. He still did look slow, and for some unknown reason he is on the PK :?- . He was incredibly slow on the D to D passes and when that pass went to Kubina, Kovalev who was covering him was WAY out of position and he had a clear path to the net. Goal.

Other than that, he played well, created some nifty opportunities in the offensive zone. Another thing that makes me want to rip the hair out of my head though is when he received a pass, probably 13 feet from the net, nobody in front of him and what does he do? What he usually tries to do, go top shelf and the puck soared like 4 feet high and wide of the net. Please Kovalev, in times like those, just get it on the net at least to hope for a rebound.

Laziness aside, I love kovalev, and in no way am I intending on bashing him, especially as he was one of our better players on Saturday night...I just hope he finds his game. If Higgins, Kovalev, Samsonov and Ryder find their games again, this is one scary team.

Well any other talented player who has a wrist shot like Kovalev will try to hit the top corner every time and yes there will be times when you will miss the net with it.

Anyways.. were getting off topic here.

I don't care if they won or loss last night, my view all season is that this team needs a top two center to compete, as a minimum. Koivu is a great player, but he is a borderline number one center. We either need a guy of similar talent for a good 1a 1b tandem, or a true number one (almost impossible to get).

On top of that, either some of these "pretty good" young guys has to become a real top winger (higgins was looking that way), or some of them need to be traded for a true 30 goal scoring winger. (sammy clearly isn't going to get it done).

So far, if the special teams are great and the goalie stands on their head, they do okay. If either falter or they have to play a lot of 5 on 5, they lose. That won't get your the cup.

When Lats is your first line winger, you lack depth, plain and simple. He is doing very well for a young kid, but he shouldn't have to play that role at this point in his career.

Oh, and I don't want to see Koivu go. Even if he is our number 2 center, he will always bring the leadership the team needs.

wow the naysayers are out in full force again. lol

Please stop this is getting beyond silly.

What really is silly is blindly cheering for mediocrity. I'm being realistic, if you want to live in a fantasy world don't knock my opinion of the facts.

It doesn't matter how many 70+ points people you have on your team that doesn't = wins just ask Pittsburgh. geez!

Yes because they have such a dark future, all those talented rookies who will dominate this league for the next 10 years will surely bring nothing in return. Haha suckers! They should trade all those franchise players for some lazy players who show up when they feel like it! :lol:

Look at the other sports will you please? Who won the World Series this year. The Cardinals with no pitching and one hitter and a bunch of hacks who played together as a team.

Look at last year with the Oilers. No big stars except for Pronger and look where they went to, a game 7 in the finals.

Stop looking at the stats and look how the teams plays well AS A TEAM. HOCKEY IS NOT AN INDIVIDUAL SPORT THIS ISN'T GOLF!!!

This is too funny, I have been watching this team for years and it hasn't changed one bit. Still no heart, rely on the goalie to do everything, sneak through most wins by a single goal, never dominate, get an early lead sit back and then watch it all fall apart. This is how this team has played together and if you can't see that then you will be happy to watch this same nonsesne go on for another 10 years.

Earlier in this thread (or the other one I was commenting in alot) brought up a single team who I admired for their determination, grit and inability to give up and you just brought them up aswell. If Montreal had half of Edmontons heart we would be up there with Buffalo but we don't.

Onesharpmarble, i totally agree, the onew thing i don't get is how fans who have seen this team for years can say they are any different, they are exactly the same. I like your points and i'll add no character, dicipline and work ethic. They certainly aren'y as fast as people say either. Maybe we get a different game feed then the other posters.

I don't care if they won or loss last night, my view all season is that this team needs a top two center to compete, as a minimum. Koivu is a great player, but he is a borderline number one center. We either need a guy of similar talent for a good 1a 1b tandem, or a true number one (almost impossible to get).

On top of that, either some of these "pretty good" young guys has to become a real top winger (higgins was looking that way), or some of them need to be traded for a true 30 goal scoring winger. (sammy clearly isn't going to get it done).

So far, if the special teams are great and the goalie stands on their head, they do okay. If either falter or they have to play a lot of 5 on 5, they lose. That won't get your the cup.

When Lats is your first line winger, you lack depth, plain and simple. He is doing very well for a young kid, but he shouldn't have to play that role at this point in his career.

Oh, and I don't want to see Koivu go. Even if he is our number 2 center, he will always bring the leadership the team needs.

I agree completely.

I am tired of seeing this team fight to make the playoffs every year. I'm sick of it :puke:

Every team will be fighting for playoff for years to come!!

So the fact that there is more and more parity in the league will frustrate you for years to come.

At least 20 teams are virtually equal, including Montreal, at least where still making playoff regularly and we are in a building process.

Some very good prospects with heart are coming this way.

By rebuilding i mean bring prospects that will be committed to the game plan because they grew on it.

And me too is frustrated by the lack of effort and agressiveness.

But i believe that this group of players will turn around not being warriors but just being themselves and get respect back.