Where were you during the 1993 cup final game?

Aebischer4life

I watched the game in Momesso's restaurant on Upper Lachine Rd. with my buddies. We drank numerous pitchers of beer while eating all those delicious sandwiches.When the game ended we were jumping around and screaming with excitement. We were going to walk over to the forum to see if we could see some of the players but of course the riot broke out. I remember it like it was yesterday. Soon after I was transferred to Toronto with work and had to listen to all the moaning about how they were screwed out of a "guaranteed" cup win by Gretzky's high stick. :-)

I watched the game in Momesso's restaurant on Upper Lachine Rd. with my buddies. We drank numerous pitchers of beer while eating all those delicious sandwiches.When the game ended we were jumping around and screaming with excitement. We were going to walk over to the forum to see if we could see some of the players but of course the riot broke out. I remember it like it was yesterday. Soon after I was transferred to Toronto with work and had to listen to all the moaning about how they were screwed out of a "guaranteed" cup win by Gretzky's high stick. :-)

Leaf fans to this day tell me they would have destroyed us in the Final and the only reason that the Leafs lost was because Bettman had a hidden agenda to put the Kings in the Finals. I guess that is what you need when you wait 40 years between Finals appearances.

In my living room, watching the game with my dad, like I did with most games when I lived at home.

It was a really special night, and will never forget it. As The Cucumber pointed out though, it was a bit anti-climactic.....and I knew they had it in the bag long before. For sheer excitement, I recall game 2 as well. Those goals by Desjardins were magical and I love watching them on the NHL network today

Celebrating my 20th birthday (June 9, 1993) with my Dad (who is responsible for me being a habs fan in Toronto..Thanks DAD!!) and my sister at his place. Sitting in my good luck chair for every one of the 10 OT games.

Unbelievable Playoff run that will probably never be topped again.

Because of the 93 Playoff Run I named my son Patrick Roy and I am in the midst of warping him into a habs fan living in Toronto as well. :)

That Desjardins tying goal might be the greatest moment I have ever had as a Habs fan. To go from total depression to on top of the world in seconds. A close second would be Claude Lemieux roofing it on Liut in game 7 in 86.

I must be the unluckiest Habs fan in the world. Born in Montreal in 1976, and having lived a total of over 20 years in the city, I have never, ever had the chance to witness the Habs win the Cup.

In 1993, I was living in Athens Greece. I was in bed sleeping when the phone rang at 5am, waking up the whole household. It was my cousin from Montreal, screaming frantically, letting me know that the Habs had just won the Cup. Keep in mind that this is before the internet, where you could listen to games online. I had to wait for a two day old USA Today in order to get any type of news (including scores) to the hockey games. Mind you, Greek Newscasts were showing scenes from the rioting in Montreal the day after we won. I was so proud and happy that Montreal was getting any type of news coverage on Greek TV, especially because Greeks knew absolutely nothing about Hockey.

My cousin (God Bless Him!) video taped Game 5 for me and sent it the next day. I got it in the mail 4 weeks later. I cried when I first saw it....

Now coming back to what Wamsley01 wrote about Claude Lemieux and that game 7 against Hartford. That game was the most dramatic, most intense, most gratifying game I ever had the opportunity to watch. If my memory serves me correctly, Lemieux scored from between the hash marks, on a back hand over the left shoulder of Mike Liut. We were in the basement of our house in Joliette with the rest of the family and absolutely went nuts.

If anyone can find a clip or highlights from that game I would be eternally grateful.

I'm kind of disappointed now... I don't even remember where I was at the time of the final game... but I don't remember most of the 90s. :P j/k

I DO remember being in a bar that spring when the Penguins were eliminated by (I think) the Islanders, and I said to my buddy, 'the Habs just won the Stanley Cup'. It was a bit of a bold prediction, because the Habs were just beginning to roll, and I believe it was only the second round of the playoffs.

Anyway, I was happy to be right, and made a point of wearing a Habs jersey to university the day after the Cup win, not caring that it was too small and not in great shape. Had to show my colours.

:hlogo:

Where were you on the night of game 5 in 1993 vs LA?

When there was 2 minutes to go in the game how did you feel? Nervous? Excited? Shocked?

When the game ended and the commentator said "AND NOW THE BANNER WILL HANG FROM THE FAMOUS FORUM IN MONTREAL!!!!" what were your reactions?

What did you do that night? How did you celebrate?

I know my father was crying and me and my friends were going bezerk I couldnt believe it actually happened till the next morning when I woke up and realised WE DID IT!

The actual quote was "and now a 24th Stanley Cup Banner will hang from the rafters of the Famous Forum in Montreal the Canadiens win the Stanley Cup.

I was at home in Kingston watching with my dad hoping the Kings would not score that second goal because we wanted Muller to get the winner.

On a fishing trip in northern Ontario - very poor radio reception so we only managed to catch snippets of the game on a French language channel that we could pickup from time to time.... unfortunately it kept getting drowned out by a big U.S. station and a stupid country music(yuck!) station from who knows where, so we had a tough time following the action!

On a fishing trip in northern Ontario - very poor radio reception so we only managed to catch snippets of the game on a French language channel that we could pickup from time to time.... unfortunately it kept getting drowned out by a big U.S. station and a stupid country music(yuck!) station from who knows where, so we had a tough time following the action!

well, in case you never did get to find out, montreal did win.

by the way, did you find bill barilko?

GO :hlogo: GO!

radio. The game was on the radio. Westwood One or somebody has always done the radio games it was on KMOX or something. I listened to most stuff on the radio. MNF on the radio etc.

Never would have thought they'd put hockey, even the finals, on synidcated radio. Anyways, must have sucked having homework in first grade. Especially in the second week of June, when most schools are already out. :P

I dunno it was a looooooong time ago I can't remember. Actually I think I'm thinking of the NYR-VAN series since I believe the '93 finals was between two canadian teams and as everyone knows nobody in the US would watch or listen to that.

But yes until I got cable around 2000. I listened to all the stanley cup finals games on the radio. I remember staying up playing playstation and listening to one of those 6 OT games. classic.

I dunno it was a looooooong time ago I can't remember. Actually I think I'm thinking of the NYR-VAN series since I believe the '93 finals was between two canadian teams and as everyone knows nobody in the US would watch or listen to that.

But yes until I got cable around 2000. I listened to all the stanley cup finals games on the radio. I remember staying up playing playstation and listening to one of those 6 OT games. classic.

Ah, come on! You don't even remember who the Habs beat to win! They beat Wayne Gretzky and the Barry Melrose coached LA Kings! I don't think you'd have needed cable to watch the Finals, one of the major networks usually carried games 3-7 of the Finals. I know at least in the mid to late 90s through the present that has been true.

Ah, come on! You don't even remember who the Habs beat to win! They beat Wayne Gretzky and the Barry Melrose coached LA Kings! I don't think you'd have needed cable to watch the Finals, one of the major networks usually carried games 3-7 of the Finals. I know at least in the mid to late 90s through the present that has been true.

I'm the only hockey fan in the family. Nobody else watches. I was thinking of the Calgary-Habs series my bad.

Yeah I remember watching it now. ugh stupid me. Sorry my memory isn't the greatest you've got to give details and then I'll remember.

I was at home in Kingston watching with my dad hoping the Kings would not score that second goal because we wanted Muller to get the winner.

Wow. That's exactly what I was doing. Except my mom was there too, still a little upset that Dougie wasn't playing against Kirk.

well, in case you never did get to find out, montreal did win.

by the way, did you find bill barilko?

GO :hlogo: GO!

nah - why waste time looking for a Leaf? :D

I finally saw the game on ESPN Classic last year.

Funny thing is we were fishing for the one prior to that too..... :blink::angry:

Saw it on ESPN too a while back!